1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House agrees to deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

His clapping form is top notch.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think Morey jumped on it early bc once all the upper level talent gets signed... somebody is gonna be left with money to burn... and at that time House could get priced out of our ability to match... imo...

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Oh joy, we got "Mr. I disappear in the playoffs" guy.

4. ball king23

ball king23 Member

fireworks he said the fireworks were coming i do not see it what was the real offer the sixers wanted because all week long we heard a trade to house then it was we have a deal in place then it was harden and butler we talking a lot

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's not that easy, when guys like Carroll and Lamb are getting 6/10M per season and you can possibly only match a 5.7M contract, i wouldn't call that an ideal situation if you want to bring back House, looking at the contract signed so far, waiting was very risky imo.

fattz and kjayp like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Fair

kjayp likes this.
  7. mightybosstone

I think you're underrating what guys like he and Green might have gotten on the open market. By locking both down at relatively smaller deals, he guarantees they don't get anxious and start looking at other offers. They're still a lot of excellent 3 and D guys on the market right now. What happens when they're all gone and teams in need of shooters and perimeter defense start looking around and see a guy like House with potential and no offer from his previous team? That 3 years and $11 million might have turned into 3 years, $18 million really quickly.

I don't mind eating into the MLE for a competent 3 and D guy, which the Rockets desperately needed more of last season. House showed potential and it was his first season really getting playing time on an NBA roster. If he goes into the season as the team's starting SF, they're in trouble. But I don't see why he couldn't get 15-20 minutes a night off the bench as a quality rotational piece. To get that for less than $4 million a year is a pretty damn good deal in this market.

fattz, Hakeemtheking and kjayp like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

I think the Rockets see some potential in keeping House, Clark Jr, and Hartenstein and hoping one or more become viable role player(s). We have a good core of Harden, Paul, Gordon, Tucker, and Capela, we just need some more depth that can reliably eat up +20MPG.

kjayp likes this.
  9. Zergling

Zergling Member

May not be a splash, but the Rockets quietly just signed their starting SF for the rest of the Harden/Paul era to a very team friendly deal.

Meanwhile, compare this deal to what the Kings just paid Ariza!

D-rock likes this.
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Danuel House is playing a dangerous game!

ElPigto and D-rock like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His first time in the playoffs - he has a lot of room to grow, and D'Antoni benched him never let him find his way through .....lots of guys struggled, Capela, Paul...even Harden at times.

Give him time and he will find his confidence.

DD

kjayp and Ketchup&Mustard like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly the DUDE did what he thought was right and won in the end.

DD

14. smp

smp Member

Good for him. He bet on himself and won. I like the confidence and hope that carries over throughout the season!

D-rock likes this.
  15. pippsux

pippsux Member

Absolutely.... That was what was frustrating about him going back to the g league, he played so well prior, came back and didn't have the same spark.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was obvious from the jump this would happen. Not sure why so many acted like he was taking some sort of huge risk. He proved more than enough, even with the terrible playoffs.

17. mario elie

mario elie Member

I love the signing! I think House will be a stud this year (hopefully in the starting lineup).

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's taking a huge risk & playing a dangerous game! He needs to shut up and listen (@treyk3) take the Rockets lowball offer!
    :D

treyk3 likes this.
  19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It definitely worked out for him. He got paid. He got security. However in the long run I don’t think he got paid more. He had to give up a year of freedom. In 2 years when he could have been hitting the market and the salary cap is around 125-130. He could be looking at a deal that pays AAV of 10 mil. If so, the money would be exactly the same.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He has plenty of potential, being 9 months younger than Tilman's 767 plane!