1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Whoa] Rich Lord is out at 610

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I will miss Mike in the morning but admittedly he was just Seth's straight man. Seth and Sean may be too much together but I'm interested to hear them.

Regarding Rich, I got the impression that he's just been mailing it in for awhile, though no more than that hack John Lopez.

Zero interest in listening to Stoerner and whoever.

Gray_Jay and mario_v like this.
  3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

And Lopez still has a job there? To paraphrase Meltzer, Unfair.

NotInMyHouse, BigM, vupac1 and 4 others like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Says he grew up in Houston, then says Houston is in South Texas. Must be that SEC education.

Lopez was unlistenable 20 plus years ago, I'm shocked he's still on the air in Houston.

Nook and Torn n Frayed like this.
  5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Kamla on 610? I wonder how he convinced them he got all that NBA talk out of his system.

6. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

God she was horrible.

7. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

Seth and Mike had a great show that was smart, funny and informative. Looks like I’m adding 610 in addition to Nike to my boycott list. I listened to 610 every day from when I wake up until I drive home. Don’t **** with my routine. God I hate this world. I ****ing hate that hick sounding Arky trash known as Clint Stoerner. **** YOU 610

I listened to Rich Lord growing up on 740 when he’d do Sportsbeat with Charlie Pallilo. Postgame Oilers show too. The truth is he has been mailing it in for years now and was lazy with show prep and info. Is Sean Pendergast gone now too? I can’t listen to the ****face Sean Salisbury in the morning on 790 and John and Lance on 97.5 has worse production value and sound than high school radio. For Christ’s sake they could do something to make it not sound so tinny. Lance has become a cunt too, especially after everyone was rightfully saying his brisket that he smoked looked dry as **** and more like a slab of beef jerky.

8. persian hoopa

Who the hell is she? What station?

bloodwings19 and Poloshirtbandit like this.
  9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This, Rich was a perfect balance to Charlie. Neither of them are great to listen to for very long otherwise.

I don't listen to much besides some of John and Lance these days, but credit to Rich for sticking around. He has a great radio voice and appeals to the average Joe, very listenable to the average fan -- not great if you want to get deep into topics though.

I might give Pendergast and Payne a shot -- I'm usually driving to work at 6:30 (before The Bench) and didn't care for Meltser always seeming to steer it to Texans talk.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm not sure what to say other than I'm just impressed and a little bewildered that someone that in 2019 someone has this much passion about AM radio

Hey Now!, macho GRANDE and Nook like this.
  11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Stoerner is horrible. Afternoon drive is gonna be rough.

12. persian hoopa

I’d listen to 610 and MaD radio from the moment I would get up and the rest of the shows including listening to the idiot aggy John Lopez until I parked my car in the garage after work. It’s a huge part of my routine that’s been flushed down the toilet.

Rasheed likes this.
  13. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Meltser was cool AF. Feel for him.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

Very interesting pairings. I wonder if Kamala will continue to work in the nbatv studio rotation. They also need to change the mid day guys too, they suck. But these are moves in the right direction...I wonder if Meltzer and Innes link up and do that podcast now

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I liked mike.

Podcasts are better anyway

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Does Kamla know its all football all the time on 610? or is 610 not going to talk all football all the time.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

They need to get Landry another partner. Lopez hasn't had a good take in years. And I liked Meltser, but Sean is cool too.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  18. TheresTheDagger

With all due respect to Rich Lord, this was a long time coming.

He was mostly the Ed McMahon to whomever was his co-host through all those years. The only thing missing was the background chuckling.

Still, have to admit this is a monumental day in Houston Sports Radio history. I haven't lived in H-town since 2012 and I still think this is interesting news.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lance making fun of 610 for talking too much football. Lance works for the NFL and even he thinks they talk too much football.

http://chirb.it/69kfkI

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Yeah. The guy had a cup of coffee in the NFL and now he's some kind of expert.

I can't speak for everyone, but Rich and Mike were not the problem for me. I can't stand the constant blathering about Texans minutiae, especially when the Rockets and Astros are contending. I am sick of hearing John Harris and Pancakes drone on and on about 5th round picks.

One question though - is the new PD the same guy who forced Paul Gallant on the morning show? If so then he should be the first to go instead of making decisions about everyone else.