1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Jump] Rockets owner not sophisticated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Worked for Cuban .. he figured out how to take his head out of his ass and brought that shthole city a championship .. hopefully it works for Tilman too.

CCity Zero, rhee and Gray_Jay like this.
  2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I don't care if he is sophisticated or not, I just want him to have money and no duck the luxury tax

Cheapskate tilman like @tinman

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Cuban was a brand new tech billionaire who wanted to be a hip young owner. Tilman has a history of running service based businesses on a tight budget. He is who he is and it's not going to change. The only problem is we have a nepotism situation brewing and we are going to be screwed for years to come.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Meanwhile, Steve Ballmer runs around screaming like his hair is on fire after a hard cocaine binge. And yet the sports media loves him and calls him a passionate owner, among the best?

Why? Because he has "f*ck you money" as the richest among NBA owners.

Face it, the reason they hate on Tilman is because he represents the blue-collar version of an owner -- a guy who leveraged all his assets and took out loans to fullfill his lifelong dream of buying his favorite team.

Imagine any of us and what we have do to fulfill our passions. Mine is traveling and I've been very blessed to be able to see the world.

However, I've also charged up a lot money on my credit cards and then worked very hard to pay it off every time I take a trip. That's the middle class American way to live your dream.

Now, I'm sure I wouldn't come across as "sophisticated" to these people as well because I don't have crazy money to throw around, but then again, I can tell them to "go f*ck yourself" in 6 different languages!

kubli9, Shark44, crimsonghost and 8 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Didn't fanboy Fertitta witness some of the greates athletes who were explosive?

Hakeem, Clyde, Tracy?

7. Sanity2disChaos

If he did he wouldn’t be cutting costs believe that!!

Pappas restaurants >>>Landry’s restaurants

No debate.

Ramo$e, IBTL, BigM and 1 other person like this.
  8. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Pappas isn’t a Landry’s restaurant.

treyk3 likes this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I do agree Tillman talks too much...but to be fair he is a new owner it's a learning process.
    He does have passion tho...reminds me of Jerry Jones. Dont know if that's good or bad

I remember the home opener last year before the game started they presented James the mvp.

N till said bragging that this is gonna be a better season then the 65 win season n that we would win 60+ games again.

At that moment, I did palm to my forehead n was like wow he just put so much pressure on us, doesn't he know 60+ in the west is super hard.

That stuck with me the whole season giving me bad vibes about the season.

N I **** u not just on that statement he said alone I cringed think god i hope he is a good owner, I didnt make a big deal about it but till this day it just sticks with me...like sure u could believe u could be better, but that was a freaking 65 win team. U cant do that year in year out. N to pronounce u was was really foolish. So yes I agree alittle with jump but I'm not going that far......yet.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Or maybe the son will be a genius when it comes to running a sports franchise and we will win many championships. I mean we really don't know.

Smacktle likes this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nice try Patrick.

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

As far as billionaires go the guy is a total rube
    Look at the shitshow situation with UH at the coaching staff with Herman leaving, bringing in applewhite and him leaving. That’s not the mark of anything other than angry fan boy.

Look at the hash he’s made of so many things since owning the Rockets. This is not to say the guy can’t succeed (he obviously has before) but his brand is obnoxious, impatient megalomaniac and anyone that can’t see that is willfully blind right now.

That being said- the WB trade was a big swing for the fences- it raised our ceiling- and might end with a parade.

CCity Zero, rhee and Gray_Jay like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

He's not wrong using the word unsophisticated in regards to running an NBA franchise. But I don't think he's using the word correctly in this case by the way he expanded on what he said.

14. biff17

biff17 Member

Amin comes off salty AF.

He is really down on this trade.

#34 biff17, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Ramo$e likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

F you and your comments about Texans. Twice.

seclusion likes this.
  16. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Tilman needs to show the fans that he cares about THEM by upgrading the ****ing roster.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Don't be so harsh. It could be Cal McNair posting instead. It'll be the next trend taking sports leagues by storm: Who needs a GM anyway?

Houston sports fans are so f#$ked. At least the Astros finally seem like they're run well.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yep, he's been unfairly criticized here by clutchfans. Alot of mistakes from Morey are being shifted his way. Les ducked the tax for 20 years and you never heard a peep.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  19. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

On a side note I went to Pappasito's the other day and walked out because I refuse to pay $30 dollars for a plate of Mexican food. Ridiculous. It's been a while but damn.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yes you did here plenty of peeps. why do you think many of us spelled his name with the dollar sign "Le$"

and actually according to spotrac les paid the tax as recently as 2015-16. and lets not forget we was willing to max harden, dwight, chandler, and bosh at the same time. of course bosh backed out and so we let chandler walk and replaced him with ariza for the MLE. tilman on the other hand let ariza walk and replaced him with a minimum contract.

#40 smoothie, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    LosPollosHermanos and Gray_Jay like this.