1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

[​IMG]

blahblehblah likes this.
  2. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Is there something I missed with Gordon? Haven’t seen anything with him.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

I caught one post game interview him and PJ. He kept telling PJ be cool, treating PJ like a rookie. He was also telling CC don't say run it back. I guess that stuff for CC was fine because CC needed that guidance from veteran. But for PJ, that was really awkward. Imagine he treated everybody like that in practice. Not saying he was wrong, but that seemed to me a bit too much.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Even more awkward was when he got up and left podium during postgame interview leaving Harden stunned.

tc0330 and YallMean like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Nick wright who is well connected with the Rockets players and Morey mentioned Gordon did not like Paul and was glad he got traded. I’m positive it was not just Gordon and Harden happy to see Paul go.

I don’t think Chris is a bad guy, it’s just he has the I know best mentality and eventually it can wear thin on guys patience.

Invisible Fan, D-rock and topfive like this.
  6. basketballholic

Luka?

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

+

Davis
    Embiid
    Jokic
    Beal
    Oladipo
    Butler
    Griffin
    Chris Paul
    Conley
    K.Thompson
    D.Green
    Jrue Holiday
    Doncic
    Heild
    Ben Simmons
    Fox
    Siakam
    Towns
    McCollum

Probably a lot more.

Sorry I'm not high on Westbrick.

#567 ThatBoyNick, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    harold bingo and basketballholic like this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Sure but you said harden didn’t sacrifice 4m to stay with the thunder.

But he was 11 years younger when he and cp3 made those decisions.

He was also not an Allstar HOF player like cp3 was.

I just don’t think it was a fair comparison even if it’s not what you meant but it’s how atleast I interpreted it.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL Outside of CP3 (who declined a lot last year so we can't even say for sure this year), Green, and Klay, what has any of those players done to be ahead of Westbrook? Jokic might become a better player, but he is still too young to tell. Go on, I'll wait...

I know you are saying you aren't high on WB, but how about having some level of objectivity?

vlaurelio and Feedoffdoubt like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I didn't put a LOT of players I would rather have over WB due to objectivity sir!

Maybe i'm going more off of an "top players in the league for the Rockets/next to Harden" because that's just how my mind is hardwired when looking at NBA talent.

Also I edited my list to include Embiid and Davis, who are def better. I'd say Jokic, Butler, Oladipo, Donic, Beal, Griffin(whis his new handy dandy 3PT shot) are def better. Objectively WB isn't top 20 IMO (as a stated non fan of WB's *game*)

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Again, what has any of those players objectively done that makes you rank them higher than WB? I am still waiting for an answer. Bring me facts. Hell, bring me logic!
    • Embiid - Injury prone, hasn't done **** until this season and that's on a roster with Butler, Simmons, and Harris.
    • Davis - Injury prone, has only made the playoffs twice with limited success
    • Jokic - This is the first year he has been able to take his team to the playoffs, the same season they legit threw a game to avoid the Rockets
    • Oladipo - Will probably end up being better, but he isn't there yet and how he comes back from his ruptured quad remains to be seen
    • Donic - Really? Seriously?
    • Beal - Remind me again, how did the Wizards do last year with him leading them? Oh, they were 11th in the EAST!
    • Griffin - Injury prone, lead his team to a whopping 8th seen in the EAST!
    I honestly think you are confusing objectivity with subjectivity here. It's fine to have an opinion, but without it being grounded in reality the opinion is trash.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

We gave him 160 mil as a 33 year old. We did right by him.

vlaurelio and JayZ750 like this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Truth

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

None of those guys can carry the thunder to the playoffs

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

amen

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I get it, your only as good as your seeding and playoff success, ultimate logic. WB is quite possibly the worst volume scorer of all time, his rebounding numbers are purely based on OKC's system of having the bigs block out for him. He's an average to below-average defender. What exactly does he do well? Passing and driving are about it.

If you want objective stats, his TS%, the fact that shot under 40% from the field for 3 playoffs in a row now, the fact that we as Rocket fans have visibly witnessed him completely piss away games in the playoffs due to his horrific decision making and shooting in the 4th Q.

Last year in "clutch time stats" - AKA stats with 5 minutes to go in the 5th, WB shot 35% from the field, 18% from the 3PT line. If you look at his shooting stats, he shoots terribly from everywhere outside of 3ft or less from the basket. He can't catch and shoot, it doesn't matter if he's wide open.

I HOPE he works out for us, I just think it's unlikely, and I'm not a fan of his game.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Stats are ultimately meaningless if you don't have any sort of postseason success. Any star or superstar can get numbers on a bad team and yes, your team is bad if you can't even make the playoffs. Like taking your team to 11th place in the East? GTFO of here with that!

Ok, so you given me some objective backing to your dislike about Westbrook. By the way, he also finishes very well at the rim. His gravity while penetrating is huge. Now, what objectively do you have to offer to back your claim that all those other players are better than him? I am STILL waiting for you to put up some legitimate information.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well, I definitely disagree that stats are "ultimately meaningless" if you don't have postseason success. So I can't imagine there's a conversation to be had here considering that huge disagreement. I guess you will point to WB making it to the finals with KD every time I point out how statistically terrible he is an individual. WB, since KD left, has not only never made it out of the first round, but never has pushed a series to 7 games... even WITH PG this season.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am simply asking you to provide any sort of legitimate evidence that those players are objectively better than Westbrook, something you have failed to do repeatedly and continue to try and deflect. Like I said, I am still waiting for you to offer a coherent discussion of why those other players are objectively better and no... going "Those players are objectively better because I said so and I don't like Westbrook" is not objective.

By the way, since you mentioned PG13, how did he do through Games 1-3? I will wait.

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think it's hard to rank players and say who is better or worse because players have such different skillsets that do different things. For example, who is better, Westbrook or Klay Thompson? The answer is obviously Westbrook, right? But if you look at the warriors from 2 years ago, do you think they get better or worse if you swap Klay for Russ? I think we can agree they're better with Klay, right?

Westbrook is better than a lot of those guys at carrying a team, I think we can agree on that. Russ carried the thunder farther in a tough western conference than Beal can with the wizards in an easy east. But, if we're talking about which player we would rather have on the Rockets, which one gives us more wins, which ones give us a better chance at winning the championship next year, I think I would take Beal. So who is better? Is that even a question we should care about? In my opinion, Beal is a better fit here, and that's what matters to me. But if you're on a team of scrubs and you want to add a superstar to win as many regular season games as you possibly can, I'd take Russ over Beal easily.

biff17 likes this.