1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isn’t the news about why Harden and CP3 blew up at each other a little concerning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, Jul 13, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Yes and no, but I’m not that invested in Harden anyway. If it doesn’t work out with Russ, I pray they trade both.

coachbadlee and DaDakota like this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

it wasn't just CP who disappeared but also Capella. Curry hit so many of his 3s after we gave up multiple offensive boards for freaking looney.
    The biggest disadvantage of CP disappearing was that it allowed looney to stay on the floor

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Ok badcoachlee... Let's put your ignorant bet aside.... We know if CP just played to his average game we win... Not great... Not spectacular... Just shot the ball at an average clip we'd have won.

D-rock, topfive and vlaurelio like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Not concerning but refreshing to know harden standing up to an over the hill midget bully. Mda, ego, rivers, and chandler approve.

#204 vlaurelio, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    topfive likes this.
  5. seeingred

seeingred Member

I don't understand what he means. "Space the floor"? Isn't standing at the 3 point line spacing the floor? Harden wasn't trying to post up off ball. He was at the 3 pt line with his man guarding him.

If you mean "run around like Reddick" when he doesn't have the ball... lol, no.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Just gonna put this out there.....I find it very telling that Holic, DD, JW86, and coachbadlee are all on one side of this argument. @malakas still sure about how you feel about this whole thing?? I can already see a distinct change in tone from @justtxyank .....I think it's your turn next.

malakas, D-rock, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What turn have I made?

8. Fyreball

I edited just as you quoted I think. Turn was the wrong phrase.....I meant change in tone. It's pretty obvious that when this trade first dropped, you were very vocal about how against it you were. Not saying that you're fangirling over it now, but it seems (from the outside looking in) that you've at least softened your stance a little bit, and are in more of a wait-and-see mode now.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...I’m at the same point too. I’m still firmly against it and think it was not the correct move, but what’s done is done. Might as well hope for the best at this point and just see what happens.

10. justtxyank

I'd say I'm more in the "what's done is done" camp.

I would 100% not have made this trade. But it was made. Now I'm just making the best of it.

malakas, biff17, vlaurelio and 4 others like this.
  11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Same with me. Nothing can convince me that Westbrook can change until I see it on the court. Until then this was a bad move and the team is worse.

malakas, jordnnnn, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's called making lemonade from lemons. Very few Rockets fans wanted this trade to happen. Since it has happened over, what's the point of staying negative and crying about it? Might as well consider how it could work going forward right?

malakas, vlaurelio and Fyreball like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Pure

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm with you on this one. I like the trade. I'm just not crazy about the pairing. I hope they prove me wrong but at the same time I know who we are dealing with. Harden is not known for being a great team player when it comes to other stars on the team.

15. Fyreball

I appreciate that stance. While I'm not in the same camp as you on this (I'm a fan of the move....barring we don't give up any other rotation pieces while trying to expand the trade), I certainly can understand why someone wouldn't be full steam ahead on it. But what I DON'T understand are the people who are so hard-up in making sure we know they hate this, that their only interest is spamming the site with garbage hot takes about Tilman's cheapness or how moronic Morey is or how Harden is obviously the real problem. Give me a break with all that.

D-rock likes this.
  16. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

What's wrong with moving without the ball?

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

That's because they aren't real fans. It's way more important for them to make their position abundantly known so that if **** does go south, they can come back in sickening glee going "LOOK! I TOLD YOU SO!" These are the people that we are referring to when we say they are more invested in being right about their negativity than with the Rockets finding success.

18. justtxyank

Dude it's a message board. People share their opinions. I don't get why that bothers people so much. Positive or negative, that's why this place exists.

malakas and YOLO like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was standing at near half court, many times...

DD

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am fine with occasional negative posts, especially when it is backed by evidence. I am not and will never be OK with people who are just constantly negative and incessantly b**** and whine about anything and everything. You may be OK with it and think that is why this place exists, but I certainly do not share that sentiment. For me, this place exists to provide a spot for Rockets FANS to discuss their team. People who whine all the time and trash our own players ad nauseam, people who put more value on being right about their negativity over the team and team success? Yeah, those aren't Rockets fans and don't belong in a place like this. They are the ones that are responsible for making a place like this so miserable nowadays. So many threads have devolved into cesspools of negativity because of them.

Reeko likes this.