1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Just came back briefly to say I like the move. Almost a straight swap. You get a younger more athletic guard that will provide more production. Loved what Paul did here the first year but he is on the decline. I’m excited to see these Rockets next season. Yeah it’s gonna be weird cheering for Russ but he’s a Rocket now dammit so he gets the love now

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

right now he only plays with heart on offense. he better play some defense because harden and westbrook on D could be scary (for us) if they aren't committed. harden used to have a laziness devil on one shoulder and cp3 angel on the other talking to him about defense. now westbrook's on the other shoulder. good luck to d'antoni getting harden to buy in if westbrook won't.

westbrook also has one of the worst contracts. he's coming off one of the lowest efficiency seasons for a high volume player in a while, and he's a surly malcontent who wouldn't give kevin durant the ball, so what's he going to do with harden. maybe the friction was real and this was the only cp3 trade avenue, and maybe it raises the ceiling, but man this is a scary trade. we better get "out to prove i'm a winner" westbrook, not "me against the world" westbrook. i'm worried he only has 1 setting.

clutchdabear and pillardsap like this.
  3. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Sadly, this I'm not too sure about after his last two seasons declining, but he might have it better with Houston.

Westbrook just had his lowest PER since his second season (21.1), lowest TS% since his second season (50.1%), lowest 3PT% since his second season (29.0%) and a career low FT% (65.6%). In the post-season he shot 36% FG / 32% 3PT and had a career low 16.0 PER, 46.6 TS% and a 99 Ortg.

He's a player whose game is based on athleticism, and he will be 31 years old in November.

Westbrook was not really a superstar impact player last season, unless OKC does not win so few games and get beat so easily in the first round with an MVP caliber Paul George through the season. It is actually very likely that Westbrook is not playing at a superstar level this coming season. The thing with Westbrook is that he gives you a higher ceiling than Paul, but with that comes a lower floor and a large chance of tragic performances, so I'm not sure if that equals better or worse.

hakeem94, zksb09 and clutchdabear like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean a 2nd rounder in terms of assets, the team who'll want CP3 will match his contract with some players, whether it's gong to be the Lakers with a mix of Pope, Green, Rondo, Bradley...Miami with Dragic and Olynyk/Leonard or another team...

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Damned if you do
    Damned if you don't

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I doubt there will be a buyout with $120 mil still left on his contract. I def see one more move for Paul

Hui likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I loved Francis and Mobley
    they just needed more seasoning

I think Westbrook and Harden are that

Rocket River

the11mingdynasty and BigM like this.
  8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

People bring up the “there’s only one ball” thing like we didn’t just watch Harden and Cp3 tear up the league for 2 seasons. There’s lots of things that can go wrong here but these two co-existing isn’t one of them.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

10. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

And how many picks will they have to throw in.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  11. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

This is going to be some ugly basketball. Really hate this trade.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Picks probably top five protected. Better hope Brodie knows how to mature his game in three years

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

14. Remix

Remix Member

Gonna be frank, I kinda despise Westbrook but at this point of CP3's career he is a clear upgrade.

Oh and everyone on the internet making jokes about only having one ball to share said the exact same thing when CP3 came here. Superstars can figure out how to play together

15. macan

macan Member

alright now let's trade EG and Capela for KD!
    let's get the boys back together one more time!!

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

In before page 23

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

They're going to extend each other's careers, I think.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Westbrook is a worse fit but at the same time he's just the flat out more capable player than CP3 at their respective points in their career. Westbrook is still explosive and can still blow by defenders with shear speed which this team is honestly lacking.

Worse fit but our overall talent level jumps up. We'll see if the increase in talent outweighs the worse fit.

19. amaru

amaru Member

True....I can't see him retiring in Oklahoma. There isn't much in that state lol.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It’s possible that I’ve never been as big of a Rockets fan as I was when those 2 were playing. The comparison is apt but that’s like the A ball version of what we have now.

Rocket River likes this.