1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why haven't the Rockets made any moves to improve the roster?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

House and Rivers. They didn't have to sign with the Rockets, but they did. Those are the moves we made. They weren't on the team at the beginning of last year, but they will be on the team at the beginning of this season. They are our additions.

The Rockets tried to make trades, but it takes two teams to make a trade. The Rockets don't have any more money to spend on free agents. So, it's not that complicated. The Rockets are pretty much stuck where they are unless another team wants to trade with them.

With this current roster and good health next season, I expect the team to be better than it was last season. Hopefully Clark, Hartenstein, and House can step up and be solid rotation players.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. rockets13champs

I think that means Morey waiting it out for vet min contracts.. Iggy sefolosha Chandler

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Has to move Paul, otherwise has zero chance to win the west.
    Other teams are younger and better.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Because Morey is a mediocre to average GM and our owner sucks.

PeterKingX, TheRealist137 and amaru like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

Harden's fault.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

because Tilman does the opposite of whatever he says

"my first goal here in houston is to get fans in their seats at tip-off" nope

"we're going to make big splashes this off-season, no one is safe!" nothing happens

"I'm willing to pay whatever it cost to win a title" trades picks to save tax money

Dopamine and PeterKingX like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Media conspiracy

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27112129/the-nba-ultimate-offseason-rorschach-test-2019

[​IMG]

Good to see you again. Take three deep breaths and meditate for a moment on the idea of bringing calm to an ocean of chaos. Please look at this image and tell me what you see.

What a Rockets fan sees
    Is that Ms. Inotnad? She saved our seventh-grade choir. We had two star singers, Ricky and Darren, who kept bickering about petty stuff -- like which band was better, the Goo Goo Dolls or Matchbox 20. Luckily, Ms. Inotnad pulled them aside and said that, actually, neither band was good. They all had a big laugh, and we were ready to challenge for the county title again the next year!

What the rest of the NBA sees
    Whoa, Mad Dog Turner! He owned a cool bookstore, Page Turners, where I got my first job, but he hired two toxic managers who were getting divorced from each other. Mad Dog let it turn into a dumpster fire -- literally, the husband and wife got mad once, put all the books into a dumpster and lit them on fire. It was so traumatic to see those books in flames. Can we stop now?

*Can the Rockets make (soothing) waves in free agency? Monitor all the July drama on ESPN.com.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Rockets don't need to improve too much to be solid No. 1 contenders... I reckon other teams won't deal with us to keep us from becoming too OP.

edwardc likes this.
  10. Jay Craft

Jay Craft Member

The Floater game

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Been killed for saying this for months. Even if it costs us a couple of draft picks we need to get rid of this contract. If it brings back a pretty good PF, it could even make us better this year, but it will definitely give us a better chance the year after. If you can add a significant power forward and keep Paul fine, but don't see how it will ever be possible. Running it back with a year older Paul and no hope of better rebounding will doom us in the playoffs.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because players love shooting 3s, but hate waiting around watching one man dribble the ball all game long.

DD

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

Has to deal Paul and at least 3 picks to improve.