1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 8 Best Teams In West As Of Today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 6, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because they were a very young team, fast forward to give that team 2-3 years more experience, especially Jokic.

Inexperience is not that hard to undo.

The Rockets could fall off a bit mentally because it is more challenging year after year, injuries after injuries.

MDA can't teach them new tricks.

Denver team is a mini monster.

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

They gonna get 2/3 years of experience before next season?? Lol

They’re a good team, but we’re a terrible matchup for them! Jokic can’t guard Capela and we score 130 points almost every time we play them... They’re good, but they don’t scare me.

3. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

What? How did you rate the GSW to be that high OP? Pretty sure Klay Thompson will distress significantly on the defensive end, if not throw off their rhythm while the Warriors are trying to play D.Russell at the PG spot and move Curry over to the SG spot.

They gutted their previous teams to have Durant and without a Durant/Klay/Iggy to contribute you're asking a lot of these other players to contribute effectively on both ends just to keep GSW competitive.

I think these trade rumors were to be expected with Gordon in his last year before hitting FA and Clint not doing to well after their first series (half due to illness and other half due to not effectively switching and imposing his size/quickness well) but I believe Gordon is going to have a career year so he can get a significant raise and Capella will get on with his career just fine.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

the world is caving in my friend

5. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Tucker is 34. Paul is 34. Gordon is 30. None of those guys are getting better or healthier. Capela and MAYBE House are the only regulars you can reasonably expect to be better going forward, and you should assume at least two of those first three guys will decline/spend more time nursing injuries on the bench.

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Tuck is an absolute ironman and has been throughout his career. He is a freak.

Gordon is just 30. I mean I could leave it at that but he has finally had sustained good health in his career. And he is in a contract year after a summer of Khris Middleton and Tobias Harris level guys getting supermaxes.

CP3 has made it a point to lose weight anyway:

I think it really matters but im a CP3 stan with no objectivity tbh.

7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Also, you guys are about to be some happy ****ing campers by the ASB. No way in hell is this team 4-5 seed material.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11 rosters that are serious playoff contenders.

Nola does not have a clear star yet (rookie Zion not included) but I can see them making the lower seed, fighting for it though.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

People said the same thing last year. 34 isn’t old for a role player. We’ll be fine

10. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

And now he's a year older with a lot more miles on the tires. Sure, Paul and Tucker MIGHT both stay consistently healthy and not show significant decline in their mid 30s. Anything's possible.

But the odds aren't in your favor here.

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Playoffs? maybe.

To me
    Rockets 50 wins
    Spurs 49
    GS 48
    Blazers 47

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Should morey do load management on Paul and tucker?
    Yes or no

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Neither of their games depends much on athleticism. PJ will be PJ. CP is smart enough to find a way to play at a high level as he ages.

14. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

LOL this site’s uniform belief that aging doesn’t apply to Rockets is kind of amazing. Haven’t you been watching CP’s decline the last couple seasons???

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I didn't say aging doesn't exist... I said 34 isn't that old

Last season was the first one where CP looked like he was aging. Now that he knows, I expect him to adjust.

16. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

The overwhelming majority of athletes lose effectiveness, get injured more often, and are slower to recover in their mid 30s than when they were younger. Yet the prevailing opinion here is that this magically won’t apply to your guys.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Okay guy, you clearly don't read and just respond with the same **** over and over so whatever.

You're probably right... Chris Paul is going to suck next year despite the fact that he put up 27, 11, and 6 two months ago. One offseason and he can't play anymore.

18. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Speaking of not reading, what you just said has zero connection to anything I’ve said. Nice straw man though!

#98 PlayBall, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

As of 07/09:

1. Clippers
    2. Lakers
    3. Jazz
    4. Nuggets
    5. Blazers
    6. Rockets
    7. Warriors
    8. Spurs

9. Pelicans

20. mingthething

mingthething Member

People sleepin on DAME TIME. Did something happen in the Blazers that I don't know about?