1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get it done. Bring KLove to Houston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't really like Love at this point, but it depends on what we would've to give up for him, personally there's no way i trade Capela and Gordon or even Capela alone for him at this point. Maybe Gordon if he doesn't agree to an extension, but that's it, and no multiple picks, i'd probably give them our 2019 pick and keep the one Gordon nets us by moving him to a third team assuming that would be better than our own.

I also wonder what is market is at this point, his contract is not on par with the one of Chris or Wesbtrook, no 40M or more in the next years, in fact i think he'll get around 30 if not less goign forward, but still, it's not a great contract.

I have a feeling though, like someone else said days ago here, that the Blazers will end up with him. Whiteside alone matches his contract, plus the Blazers can move a pick and a young player with potential like Collins or SImmons. That should be enough to get him at this point, and probably better than what we can offer (Gordon, pick, Hartenstein) unless we throw in multiple picks which is something i hope we're not willing to do.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

My perfect week is. Hire Darren Erman. Check interest on Oubre SNT for Shump + FRP if no go, Trade Eric (if he’s not interested in extending, figure it out now)+ Shump + FRP in a SNT for Love. Add Iggy and Jonathan Simmons on vet minimums. Add JaMychal Green with 2.2 left on tax payers MLE. Add Tyson Chandler on vet minimum.

This is seriously a contender. We are deep for injuries, built for switching and seriously a great team. 12 guys who can play big minutes. This is the year to really go for it.

CP/Rivers
    Harden/ Eric
    Oubre/ house
    PJ/ Iggy / Simmons
    Capela / Green/ Chandler

This option is Probably a bit light on the guard rotation without Eric but a very long and athletic team with incredible depth. May need to make a call to Sergio

CP / Rivers
    Harden / house
    PJ/ Simmons
    Love / Iggy
    Capela/ Green / Chandler

BigShasta likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't understand the middle-aged white man love here for Kevin Love.
    When DMo became obsolete, Kevin Love became the next object of affection.
    But hell, he might be the last name available when Morey and Fertitta wake up from their naps, so who knows.

Bengchu, Plowman and malakas like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

The bold is definitely not going to happen ;)

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

No problem with dreaming it is, the perfect scenario after all.

While I’m at it. Morey should call Ujiri and offer 4 firsts and a Shump SNT for Siakim and see if he will bite. It’s the ultimate sell high on a guy who just broke out.

Vivi likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

If it doesn’t take much outside of Gordon and picks then sure. He would be a great pairing with Harden, CP3, and Capela. Love’s passing is underrated from his position.

7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Chill on flaming Plowman looking for attention, I lurked here since the beginning and he has been as solid as they come.

Apples to apples this isn't, but to me if it involves losing CP3 I'll pass and how the math works without him isn't good there either. It's just too steep.

First Westbrook is going to the Knicks, I have no sources but that is the most logical conclusion, They'll take on his 38.2M, 41M, 43.8M and 46.6M and his terrible shot selection. They NEED a star, even a bad one.

While I like the fact Love can provide the shooting from the 4-5 spot along with rebounding and inside game when needed, the cost is going to be too steep. His defense could be too big an issue in some matchups. I know it's a risk but Isaiah Hartenstein could provide that shot from the 4-5 and he is a rebounding machine. 20 years old and hustles, cheap and needs minutes to learn not to foul so easily. Taking on Love and the remaining 4 years @ 120M coming off two bad years isn't going to go over well for the front office or fan base.

CP3 is still the better fit here at 3 years 118M. He can still score in a variety ways, and efficiently. When Harden sits he is still elite on the floor as a point guard. That is too hard to find as a replacement.

Sign JayM Green and roll with the core that won 53 last year despite ton of early injuries, 65 the season before. the Rockets just need to tweak their offense, refocus their defense and limit usage on key players. Develop House and Hartenstein and maybe Clark. The Raptors won it all with a solid cast and one elite player.

Plowman and Rox Addict like this.
  8. liveguy

liveguy Member

YES! He would be a PERFECT fit for this team. A big that can rebound and shoot 3's. THIS is the player they need.

Plowman likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Salary-wise you're going to have to send out Gordon and Capela in order for this to work and if that's the package I'm fine with it as long as there's a viable replacement at the starting center position. Looking at the remaining free agents, can the Rockets trust:

Tyson Chandler
    Zaza Pachulia
    Andrew Bogut
    Amir Johnson
    Kosta Koufos
    Greg Monroe

To play 30-35 minutes a night?

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We need cap flexibility and this is not how we get that done.

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

How about no?

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, Chicken man..I just woke up. Anyone with half a brain could see that the thread is about wanting to deal for KLove, and I lay out why. Yet you home in on the fact that I prefaced it with what I'd heard about Russ to Miami being a done deal late late last night... something I obviously thought was common knowledge. I guess this is understandable, considering nothing has come out, but no need to be a jerk about it. So, scamper back across the barnyard. **** a doodle doo!

13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The only reason Love is even on anyone's radar is because no one else is available anymore. DMo was done in 2016 and we've had a handful of Love threads since. Compare that with the dozens of Melo threads (across two offseasons) and Butler threads (across two offseasons) and it's not even close.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the pursuit we will miss out on some good role players.

16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

im thinking love is our last case scenario. cleveland still has multiple decent or better options to package together in any love trade too. so theres that

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm ok with getting kevin love for the right price. he's oft injured but so was ego and ryno before signing here. the rockets have a great training staff, and with some load management i can see us making sure he's at least ready for the playoffs like we do with CP3.

as far as fit, i think he's a perfect fit especially since there is no more warriors hamptons 5. he could not play against KD/iggy/dray in the front court they'd score 140 points. however, now that the warriors look a bit more traditional at forward i think love will be able to score inside against them with his defensive limitations minimized. our most effective lineups against the warriors were with a stretch 5 (tucker) but that hurt our rebounding. kevin love is exceptional at both.

#57 smoothie, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

This guy is getting $30M to camp out in the corner and shoot 3s while getting destroyed on switches on the other end.

D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Defensive rebounding IS defense and Love is NOTHING like Ryno or Melo in that department.

Just wanted to put that idea out there because rebounding was our biggest weakness last season and postseason.

BigMaloe, joshuaao, jsingles and 4 others like this.
  20. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

One Love!

Plowman likes this.