1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roll Call: Who leaving their Rockets fandom and what team you moving to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jul 6, 2019.

1. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I’ve been a Rockets fan since like 92 and have been through even the Francis years with unwavering support. This new owner doesn’t seem so interested in winning to me. Les always stayed out of the luxury tax, but I don’t remember him giving up opportunities like this besides maybe letting James Posey go. The organization always seemed forward looking with him at the helm of leadership. He also might have been the reason this team ever got into analytics to this degree when he brought Morey in. I have always followed off-season and even remember not being positive about giving all that up for Barkley. Nonetheless, I was still excited about the possibilities. This team doesn’t seem as forward thinking anymore to me. I feel bad for James Harden and think that he might even want out soon. When we lost last year, I canceled my league pass. Life has enough unfun things in it to get stressed out over this team. Good luck to you ride or die guys. I’ll still follow the team, but I’m not in like I used to be anymore. It’s not fun anymore.

SF3isBack!! and Jontro like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Definitely looking forward to their roster and David Griffin doing work.

3. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Relatively new Rockets fans compared to most here (Since 2010-11) but even if I wanted to I don't think I could root for another team over HOU. Too emotionally attached now. It would take something drastic that fundamentally changes what this team is (like Tillman replacing Morey with Pelinka) for me to walk away.

That said, I've always been soft on Sactown and really like their current roster. Hope they make the playoffs (and beat out the Lakers in the process)

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

There’s only one player on the kings that I’m rooting for. I route for everyone on the Rockets squad. ;)

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

Rockets all day but hawks my 2nd team cause I was born there

6. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Why even ask? Well that means cheaper floor tickets for me.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

leaving rockets to go support the hornets. goodbye world.

malakas and xaos like this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The best run franchise in the history of the city, yet they are **** on like none other

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Have fun rooting for the Pelis

The rockets are national players like no other team in this city, the rockets swing for the fences like no one in this city, the rockets produce like no other team in this city. As someone that lives out of state, the rockets are by far the most respected franchise in the city.

xaos, Hard_foul, Smacktle and 3 others like this.
  9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

If it wasn’t for the Rockets none of us would be here

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lol knew some p***y would say this. You are exactly the type of moron i just described

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I was born in Houston and raised on Long Island so Brooklyn has always been my secondary team. I will always have love for Houston though. Im not gonna lie I had to take a break a couple months ago and Im not as big a fan of Houston as I used to be. Just the decisions that they have been making lately are crazy.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Big 3 is better.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Houston all the way. I didn't watch the NFL when the Oilers moved.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. Lost_Packet

Lost_Packet Member

Till death do use part....lets ride!

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Uhhh, Astros??

In any case, to the OP, if I stop watching the Rockets, which I already mostly have, I'll just stop watching NBA basketball entirely. The corrupt and poorly run league is ruining a sport which already has some inherent problems with officiating.

Richie_Rich and Rocket River like this.
  16. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I'm just going to continue how I've been the past 10 or so years. Watch and follow Rockets games, not give a **** about the nba/sport

17. thehoustoner

thehoustoner Member

No, fool.

18. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The whining and complaining about everything has gotten tiresome. Some of those horses are beyond dead! I dont come here as much as I used to. There's enough negativity in the world today. Why would I listen to it about my favorite Houston sports team?

19. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

Rockets Forever! I'm on the lookout for a better forum though. Maybe just a tad more positive.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  20. Mr Chuck Norris

Thats what really annoys me. Te whining and the constant pessimism. I have like 40 people blocked and they still slip thru the cracks. THen the ones who actively root for us to fail. Its like why are you even here. WE get **** on by the media and our own fans. Morey and tillman pissed me off ver the last 2 years as well. But realize we have one of the best players in NBA History on our team in their prime. And if all else fails I enjoy watching him play.

mario_v and Rocket River like this.