1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So are we just going to ignore the Summer League!?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forchette49, Jul 4, 2019.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm actually 6 foot 185ish. I've been skinnier than that though. Been working out for a good year solid again. David Goggins and a few others are hella inspiring.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Pops Kerr Nurse

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The price has more than doubled since I started going to summer league 10 years ago. Still worth it, but you are gonna spend some money.

I enjoyed meeting up with Tinman last year. We sat in front of the Hartenstein family. I can’t get the high pitched screech of his mother screaming “Isaiah” out of my head. Seemed like a nice family.

Have fun!

4. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Bro that team led by machado. And the ish smith led team with Jordan Hill....... best 2 teams I’ve personally seen the rockets field........ they were so much fun to watch!!!!!!!

Ming The King likes this.
  5. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Bro I really really wanna go next year!!!!!!!!

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Will this be streaming on youtube or something?

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You back this year ?

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

NBATV. Since NBA streams Reddit died, I'll have to find some sketchy way to watch.

9. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Vegas is like a couple hours from me and I still havnt been to a summer league game. I want to but I cant do Vegas in the summer to hot me. I dont go during summer unless I have to. I Rather avoid the city. It's even hot at night. Doesnt cool down like the desert is suppose to, pretty sure it's all the lights and people in one area.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Danuel Hous
    Faried wouldn’t have made a difference against the Warriors. The guy gets an A for effort but he simply wasn’t very good. Offensively, his only value was his ability to finish above the rim. Other than that, he can’t shoot, can’t put the ball on the floor or make plays for other. Defensively, he was even worse, not big enough to bang inside, and couldn’t stay in front of perimeter players. His awareness and positional defense also left a lot to be desired. Anytime dude got matched up against perimeter players, it was like having no defender at all. Sure he had some decent moments and plays in the regular season but again, it’s not like his offense made up for his inability. So tell me do u really think Faried would have been productive playing against Draymond on offense while constantly being attacked by Klay, Steph, and KD? He would have been way worse than Capela and that’s saying something...

#50 Elephant810, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm pissed we don't have a game tonight

Plus , looking at the schedule it seems like we only have 3 games . Other teams have 4

@Carl Herrera is tilman already getting that savings by cutting a summer league game ?

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Gary Clark has a lot of potential. He has size, can move, and has a beautiful stroke. Just needs to put it all together...one can hope.

RudyTBag and Williamson like this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Nah. But Hartenstein should dominate this year lol. Curious to see if Chiozza and Clark can do anything. Have fun if you go. Maybe we’ll link up next year...if the rockets ever decide they want to invest in their future.

roslolian likes this.
  14. beardsanity713

I get the notion to not play rookies alot unless their top picks but dam I'd like to see guys mixed in with some starters.. you can play Clark or IH or any of our young guys with either Harden or CP3 on the floor that way they can learn from their mistakes....I watched other teams even have rookies in their rotations during the playoffs not for long stretches but I think the experienced gained can go a long way with development... MDA needs to be more open to the young guys if they can play play them...I really think IH & Clark could have helped us to some extent last season but oh well just my observation & opinion..

Hakeemtheking and roslolian like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He really does have a beautiful, quick stroke. And at times, he looks like he could be an excellent defender. The way he contests without fouling is super beautiful for the old Chuck Hayes/Shane Battier fans on here.

A LOT hinges on If he can start drilling that beautiful three pointer of his at 40%...

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe it's just me but I think MDA will play more young guys and also coach more next year. If we can see all these issues and the media can see all these issues I'm sure Morey and Tillman have also seen all these issues and relayed them to MDA. Firing all his assistants is probably a big warning to MDA to change it up or he's gone.

Hakeemtheking and Gray_Jay like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

House struggled too, that's why MDA benched him.

Even the long athletic players struggle in switch everything D, because it relies just as much on anticipation, repetition and BBIQ. Faried was lost because he was confused by his role on D.

With Bzdelik gone, wonder if Rickets will try a variation of Virginia's Pack Line defense.

It is crazy how they funnel everything to the basket and gang reject opposing shooters.

18. Fantasma Negro

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Kendrick Perkins relates to body fat issues.

20. basketballholic

I want to see Zach Thomas. He was a tough player at Bucknell. Can stroke it from way deep. Reminds me of Joe Harris. 6'7" 3/4. Not quick defensively.