1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

America's New Concentration Camp System

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 23, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

@NewRoxFan approach is actually the pragamtic approach. Do you think US government sends foreign aid to other countries out of altruism? Think in capitalist terms why it's a good idea to help poor countries. Use that matter between your ears.

FranchiseBlade and NewRoxFan like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

Stop it, what he was suggesting is the United States be the superhero and dictate government policy in another country. Bukele said himself that the issues of his country need to be solved by himself and his countrymen and dude was so thirsty to insult Trump he suggested Bukele nor anyone in El Salvador has the intellect to find a solution to fix their own country. If he was suggesting aid which America does currently provide, he should have said that. If he was suggesting capitalistic intervention then he needs to check https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/el-salvador

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I said no such thing. Here's an exact quote of what I wrote:

Where did I write we should dictate El Salvador's policies or capitalist intervention?

And yes, we should work with the countries south of the border come up with ways to improve lives in those countries and help reduce the number of people that feel the need to leave those countries to come here. They could include monetary aid, but other possibilities might include helping improve the infrastructure (roads, telecommunications, water), they could include jobs and other training, they could include educational support, and they could include shared law enforcement (eg information sharing, training). btw, I have wrote these steps as part of a more comprehensive approach to the immigration problem in numerous posts in a number of different threads.

Yes, the president of El Salvador differed himself by accepting responsibility and its great he thinks its incumbent on him and his government to improve the lives of El Salvadoreans. But that doesn't mean that the United States should not also work with the governments like El Salvador to help them since ultimately it helps us.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. HTM

HTM Member

I don't think that is true at all.

Every type of Holocaust foundation/organization I've seen comment has rebuked AOC on this.

Yad Vashem (Israel's official memorial)
    The Simon Wiesenthal Center
    The U.S. Holocaust Museum
    The Anti Defamation league
    The U.S. Holocaust Museum
    The Jewish Community Relations Council of New York

I'm not aware of any, let alone a "large percentage" of Holocaust foundations/organizations that have "found nothing with wrong with what she said"

There are specific instances of Jews agreeing with AOC but there are millions of Jews in this world I suspect you can find some who will agree. The problem is you have offended/insulted/drawn the ire of many individuals and institutions. Some in here just shrug it off. It's not right.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

It doesn’t matter what he thinks, it is on him. Maybe America could work with Japan to fix the homeless issue none of the politicians you cheer for or against seem to care

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The U.S. sent $3,200,000,000 to Israel last year, and Israel is not poor. Let's send that money south of the border instead!

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Or we could not send it to anyone. Maybe dont take it in the first place......

Fantasma Negro and sirbaihu like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am sorry. It looks like I might be wrong if this is correct. I thought the ADL had come out in support of the statement.

Here is a list I found with groups on both sides
    https://www.jta.org/2019/06/24/poli...tezs-controversial-concentration-camp-comment

9. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Then you seriously need some counseling. Conservatives don't want to kill anyone, they just want secure borders to keep the hoards from rushing across. If history has shown us anything if you do not have borders, language and culture than you do not have a country.

So with tens of thousands of illegal aliens crossing our borders what do you propose we do with them? Give them all food stamps and put them in section 8 housing?

mick fry likes this.
  10. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

11. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Medical account of condition of the babies and toddlers in the camp through this local pediatrician.

I’m pretty sure if the admin open up access for medical cares, there would be plenty of dr and nurses volunteering.

Transparency badly needed at these locations to prevent what historically has happened at these “concentration” camps...

What kind of conditions can we expect to develop in these border camps? The longer a camp system stays open, the more likely it is that vital things will go wrong: detainees will contract contagious diseases and suffer from malnutrition and mental illness. We have already seen that current detention practices have resulted in children and adults succumbing to influenza, staph infections, and sepsis. The US is now poised to inflict harm on tens of thousands more, perhaps hundreds of thousands more.

Along with such inevitable consequences, every significant camp system has introduced new horrors of its own, crises that were unforeseen when that system was opened. We have yet to discover what those will be for these American border camps. But they will happen. Every country thinks it can do detention better when it starts these projects. But no good way to conduct mass indefinite detention has yet been devised; the system always degrades.

Inside the Border Patrol warehouse on Ursula Avenue, Dolly Lucio Sevier saw a baby who’d been fed from the same unwashed bottle for days; children showing signs of malnutrition and dehydration; and several kids who, in her medical opinion, were exhibiting clear evidence of psychological trauma. More than 1,000 migrant children sat in the detention facility here, and Sevier, a local pediatrician, had been examining as many as she could, one at a time. But she wasn’t permitted to enter the area where they were being held, many of them in cages, and find the sickest kids to examine. Instead, in a nearby room, she manually reviewed a 50-page printout of that day’s detainees, and highlighted the names of children with a 2019 birth date—the babies—before moving on to the toddlers.

#251 Amiga, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  12. NewRoxFan

trump lies, about all things, all the time...

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is big money bilking the government out of payments to house the immigrants.

And one thing you know Trump cares about....the ONLY thing is money.

DD

14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Ahhh...someone’s a Michael Savage follower. Ain’t no arguing with this one,,,they’re too far gone.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

I see you chose to try and paint me into a box rather than actually answer my question.
    No need to argue about anything, if you have facts and sound reasoning I will listen to any side.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Quick question: when are the Allied Forces going to invade us?

17. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Why did you only offer those two choices? As is now or food stamp and section 8 housing?

Let’s assume that is the case and the situation get much worse and people are dying by the dozen every day in those camps. Would you continue the camps or give them food stamp and section 8 housing?

18. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

:):D...you know one thing I still can't figure out is:

...if the last Muslim-fake-wannabe-half-breed president was deporting more "illegals" and asylum-seekers than both of the prior administrations before him combined...

...how are there now these rampant tens of thousands of illegals crossing the border unabated all of a sudden?

...I'll be the first to admit that I don't do math well, but come on....:D:p

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

I bet this clown show will report back on what is really happening at the border concentration, er, I mean summer vacation camps... and note how initially it was spun out as bi-partisan until it was proven out that it was this group of clowns...

20. NewRoxFan

I'm surprised that pence and the republican senators aren't having happy press conferences during their visit...