1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to acquire another max contract: Kevin Love pursuit back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 3, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe but ryno proved that he could shoot 40% here on high volume. track record doesn't show love can do that. it might not be much lower but its still lower haha. and couple that with all the injuries hes racked up in the last 4 years

justtxyank likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well he proved he could do it in our uniform but not HERE as in Houston naw mean?

Edit: Flamesuit on: I have no objection to Ryno for the minimum. None at all.

Dacamel likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

justtxyank likes this.
  4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

was a better shooter, but last year he was awful. Not sure what happened to him. However, if you look at overall 3pt pct the difference is 37% vs 38% for their careers with relatively similar volume. I guess Anderson by the eye test could hit it from farther, but who knows.

I really don't know what to make of Kevin Love at this point. His raw numbers suggest he could at the very least spot up from three and grab rebounds, but would that be enough to help houston? Are those rebounding numbers real? Does he have enough juice to not kill a good team defensively? Always seemed like a good and willing passer, is that still true? I have no idea.

5. justtxyank

Also, over the last 3 years they've both taken nearly identical # of 3s. Love has 19 fewer shots and shoots a fraction of a percentage worse. 38.87 vs 38.68. That covers all of Ryno's time in Houston.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah its awful bc he shot like 40 3's total in a year on 2 different teams in sporadic or garbage minutes. none of which were meaningful. far from a true sample size he is use to having. plus his confidence since leaving is likely shot at this point. and for a shooter that's probably the worse thing that can happen

Matt78777 likes this.
  7. justtxyank

If you ignore last year and look at just two prior years:
    Love: 39.22% on 719 3s
    Ryno: 39.64% on 845 3s

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah well this past year of a whopping 40 unmeaningful 3s taken killed it haha

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

both are really good obviously but a 126 3s difference is a pretty significant number

justtxyank likes this.
  10. justtxyank

It's true. It's also significant that Love has a quicker release and actually creates shots for himself instead of requiring an assist on every 3.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I bet Love shoots well at home too. That is always a plus.

IvanLCPM, BigMaloe, Dacamel and 4 others like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

he can but yeah i mentioned here earlier, those injuries he has suffered from shoulder, hand, toe etc. I don't know how much he can take at this point. especially over the course of a season/playoffs.

13. justtxyank

Injury issues are absolutely fair concern.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I remember this guy getting 20 rebounds on the regular. Damn injuries.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

and aren't we trying to avoid surrounding harden with this as much as possible. we even heard harden mention while he was over in asia say we gotta stay healthy for the most part first and foremost if i remember it correctly. I get upping the risk profile sure but Kevin Love at this point? i don't know...

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

"Depth perception"...

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's a Kevin Love race?!?

[​IMG]

Also, should the object be to get players who can help, rather than just "acquire another max contract"? Do we really want to lock ourselves into a big three where two of the guys can't stay on the court?

baller4life315, D-rock and Dacamel like this.
  18. justtxyank

If not Love, who? That's the only reason I'm even intrigued by Love at all.

Oh well just sit tight and wait for the next guy to fall free that can turn us down.

19. Cranberry_Juice

How much of it is really injuries? Could it be that he said fawk it this team sucks, i'm just sit on the bench with an "injury"?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i didn't read the holic post tbh lol. for obvious reasons. So i might be missing something here. Wouldn't getting love require houston giving up a significant piece like a gordon or capela? that wouldn't make sense to even consider that to me