1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who's left and who can we get with our remaining midlevel?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Jul 1, 2019.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

we got to get this guy back like we did Bzdelik who's left. You just cant transition on styles without hiccups. Training camp will make a difference we need him badly. Morey is being paid to fix these problems instead of us doing nothing and Faried going to the Lakers or worst the Warriors

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I can see some of y’all on payday already - paid those bills but still got money to spend - WHAT ELSE CAN I BUY????

Lurch likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If nothing else they might be good for an assault at a local Y. Or----shoot for the stars!---at Westside.

4. Fantasma Negro

Compete with the j*zz? Lol, they'll still be a first round exit
    I'm down with just outscoring everyone and Parker has a lot to prove. Maybe Morey can convince him to take the minimum, I'd be cool with him as the sixth man

5. htownbball

htownbball Member

Would've liked Jeff Green. Veteran who can guard a few positions and shoot a few 3s. He's gone now and for the vet's minimum at that

ilias likes this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He's a 6'7 centre who cannot defend either on the perimeter or in the post.

In his time here he had a negative rpm. Negative on offence, and his offensive contributions far outweigh his defensive. It was fun watching him run up and down and bounce around for a handful of games while Capela was hurt - but realistically Faried shouldn't be on the court ever.

Despite him getting 12 and 8 in his time here, NOBODY has made him an offer (yet). Should tell you something? Let Faried go the Lakers AND the Warriors if possible?

bj3175 and harold bingo like this.
  7. basketballholic

$2.1 million is barely above minimum for him. You want him for 3 years because in 2 years he could be worth 15-20 million a season. This guy has transformed himself. He's worth the risk of a partial guarantee with bonuses for extended years.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What teams still have the ~9m or more to spend that would want him ?

The money dry's up fast …. He (and others) could be stuck without a team willing to or able to pay him what he wants.

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Those problems are fixable. If he goes to those other teams that are screen and roll and cut to the hoop heavy teams they will smoke us with these High energy guys. I just think Faried could be better if they can work thru this. Besides who else can we get other than JaMychal Green

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Apparently the Mavs are also interested in him.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Anybody knows if the Clippers have to renounce to the rights of JaMaychal in order to have a max slot for Kawhi?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Clippers if they don't get Kawhi, Lakers if they don't get Kawhi.

13. Tadow

Tadow Member

I think you're onto something here...

14. justtxyank

Probably not. When they needed two max slots it was a positive, now? Not so much.

Vivi likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

Free agents are waiting to get over paid by either clippers or lakers once Kawhi decides to go to Toronto

JW86 likes this.
  16. justtxyank

I honestly don't see any chance JaMychal Green leaves the Clippers at this point. They don't need to renounce him to sign Kawhi and they can pay him more money than we can. Why would he take a paycut to come here?

I'm genuinely at a loss for what the Rockets are doing.

Deuce and Vivi like this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

If the Lakers get Leonard, it won't matter what the Rockets do or don't do.

malakas, bballjunkie and treyk3 like this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah sounding like Mavs are close to signing him. He probably is hoping Kawhi decides soon and stays in Toronto cuz he probably would prefer to sign with LA; just speculation.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

The only chance might be if we promise him a starting spot (sliding PJ at the 3) since on the Clippers he could end up coming off the bench (especially if Kawhi signs there) but yeah, i'm not holding my breath.

Maybe we could also offer him only a shorter deal (so he could try to get paid more next summer) assuming the Clippers will try to lowball him with a multi year team friendly contract but eh...

20. justtxyank

Clippers have no reason to lowball him though. They like him, they don't need the salary space.

If anything they could offer him a 1 year deal at $15M just to keep him as a tradeable asset.

I mean he's my number 1 target, I just don't see it as feasible.