1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs Announcer DOGS Francis!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HOOP-T, Feb 24, 2004.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I was watching the game Saturday over at a buddy's house. He happened to get a new 35 in. Sony Wega HDTV. Well, here in Dallas they have some "Mark Cuban" owned network that provides the Mavs games in hi-def.

Interesting thing is there are no commericals.....and the announcers are heard during time outs and would-be commercials talking, setting up the footage for instant replays, etc. At the end of the game (or shall I call it bludgeoning), Bob Ortegel and the other guy (Matt Pinto I believe is his name) were chatting. Pinto says that Francis is THE most overrated player in the league. He sucked that night. Everyone loves him and elects him to all star games because of his shoes and the way he dunks, but he is an ineffective player. He said he was terrible, had more turnovers (4) than made field goals (3), and he just went on and on badmouting him. It was borderline ridiculous.

Anyway, just wanted to share that little tidbit, incase anyone wanted to email him (or Mark Cuban). :D

2. Toast

Toast Member

I hate just about everything associated with the Mavs.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I second that!

4. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I guess they forgot that sick triple double game 2 years ago, where Francis had like 35, 17, and 10........but then, so did mostly everyone here :(

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Aren't Steve's top two scoring efforts of his career against the Mavs? Not that scoring is the most important stat, a W is, but even so.....

I digress.

6. Luis Alvarez

Luis Alvarez Member

nope his top scoring performance was when he dropped 50 on the lakers last year. Any ways who gives a care about the Mav's commentators there dogging Steve now but i bet they dont want to play us in the playoffs.

7. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

you should send him the url for clutchfans, ive seen stronger arguments to why francis sucks in our own forum :rolleyes:

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This just adds more fuel to the fire in terms of how much I despise the Mavericks. Let them trash talk all they want. We're NOT the team with one of the highest payrolls in the league and is capable of having a starting lineup of 5 All-Star calibur players and is mediocre. Not to mention, NEVER will win a championship.

9. dirtyfithynasty

Or maybe they remember the last six games he played against the Mavs. What did they say that was ridiculous? At the time was it true about the turnovers. Do you honestly believe he deserved to be an all-star? Was he effective that night? This year, Steve Francis is one of the most overrated players in the league. Look at the game thread for that game and see if his own fans didn't say the exact same thing.

10. sup123

sup123 Member

well steve is overated so cant argue here.

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I've never liked the Mavs, or any team associated with Nelson, or that Cuban guy:mad:

--daoshi

12. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Having a bad year doesnt make u overrated. He might not have been deserving of the All Star squad, but u know what, he made it, and I will support him. Overrated would be if you get lots of hype and never back it up. having 20, 6, 6 through 4 years in the NBA is not overated. You can call Steve disappointing this year, sure, but he is not overrated. He is criticized so much this year, I dont how u can call him overrated....I think Rashard Lewis is overrated

13. dirtyfithynasty

I'd say that starting for the west in the all-star game when you are not one of the top eight pg's in the league is overrated.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Steve Nash consistently schools Francis so I see where they are coming from, and agree with what they said.

15. Charvo

Charvo Member

I'd like to see Steve be overrated as much as possible going into the offseason, so the Rockets can get as much value for him as possible.

16. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

So, in other words, this guy posts on Clutchfans.net?

17. benvolio

benvolio Member

The Mavs would LOVE to play the Rox in the first round, they own us right now. They would have to play the Lakers if the playoffs started today...that's who they don't want to play!

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The guy was a little out of line, but he's a Dallas homer. And yet he's also right.

I don't know, there's just something that eludes Steve. Something he doesn't get. To him, the show is more important than the win.

19. dirtyfithynasty

Lets see, Dallas is
    2-1 vs Denver
    1-2 vs Memphis
    2-2 vs Lakers
    2-0 vs Houston and 6-0 going back to last year with few of the games in question in the fourth quarter

Yes, I am sure Dallas would hate to matchup with the Rockets

20. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

We play them two more times.......