1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stars will not want to play with Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Know Your Role

Dwight and CP3's stats are meaningless due to injuries in playoff series that happened because they are wilting former all stars. The Rockets job is to win championships. We cannot win championships with wilting former stars in key roles. Daryl and his minions of lackies have brainwashed us into thinking we can compete with these broken vets. I fully disagree. It's smoke and mirrors. We have been humiliated in two playoff series in a row because we could of won both of them. It isn't luck, fate, magic, or the lord himself. It's old players falling apart at the end of the season.

Getting younger doesn't guarantee anything, but I'll take a team of players that want to win and earn a paycheck over 35 year olds who have been making the max for close to 15 years.

Harden's issues are separate. Not getting into that here.

I'm mad at the organization's direction and decisions. Tilman hasn't been around long enough to recognize the smoke and mirrors coming out of DM's office. The sooner he does the sooner we can find a better way to win tough playoff series.

DaDakota and BeardNation13 like this.
  2. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Just like how Stevie Francis could average 6 or 7 assists a game. Allen Iverson, and any number of ball dominate pound the ball type players. Dont try to talk basketball with Vlaurilo. He has Harden hard ons

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay, but then you could say the same thing about KD and Kyrie, some people dont like playing with Kyrie and KD either. I know Curry didnt like it as much. And all of the Celtics hated Kyrie. Certain people dont like playing with certain players. It doesnt mean players in general dont wanna play with Harden.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden being as ball dominant as he was was not even the reason we lost. Im not opposed to more ball movement, im just saying, yall could talk about defense a little more.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This. It’s hilarious how these “basketball experts” on here don’t get it.

HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro, do you know how hard it is to compete with GS, the team that people called the GOAT? Do you know how close adding CP has brought us? Thats a Morey move. And you also act like people are just willing to come to Houston and you blame that on him. Thats not how you evaluate things.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

People only see one side of the ball when it comes to us for some reason.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  8. Know Your Role

I feel that Golden State simply fell from their reign letting us have a chance rather than Rockets catching up due to CP3. They got worse the longer KD was there. They got 3 out of 5. That's not GOAT.

Don't get confused though. Hakeem was 2 of 3 in the finals and he is GOAT. Basketball reasons.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Numbers mean a bigger contract and more money, not going to get numbers with Harden pounding that ball.

Great players don’t like playing with him.

DD

BeardNation13 likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

You know all these how? Do you have the same source as Vince Goodwill?

D-rock and harold bingo like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Pretty obvious honestly. And, you hear ex players saying it on a lot of those NBA shows.

DD

13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Wasn't Harden criticized for not being as ball dominant as usual in game 6...?

Hmc415, HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  14. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

It starts with MDA ACTUALLY coaching Harden and running a system of more ball movement and less ISO. You would think that management and coaching staff have learned from watching another team with a "traditional style" basketball have beaten the team that Morey has been hell-bent on beating but hasn't so far with his analytics. Morey needs to back off from on-court decisions, MDA needs to coach or leave. MDA gets complacent with a guard that can do it all on offense.

Know Your Role likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Who are these ex players? Barkley? Or Shaq? Well Barkley seems to be now praising harden as the best offensive player of this generation regularly

D-rock likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MORE COWBELLL!!!!!

Been banging this drum since before Dwight Howard

Rocket River

jordnnnn likes this.
  17. Ashes

Ashes Member

It's been years since I've posted here and I've barely been able to check it much in the same amount of time. It's refreshing to see nothing has changed.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No star in their prime that's for sure.

The one's that do want to play with him or even schedule a meeting to meet the team are pretty much washed up. I honestly don't think Harden cares about recruiting much which is fine with me. He's never been the type to place blame on others.

19. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Yeah it doesn't surprise me because Harden doesn't seem like the guy who wants to win at all costs and would go to extremes to get other star players here

Whether Butler wanted Miami or not, it was clear Houston wanted him and I would think you would do everything you can to convince him to come here. Which means your star player is out here in his ear everyday trying to meet up with him instead of being in Asia on some other agenda

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

You know who was a self-proclaimed great recruiter. Chandler Parsons.

https://bealestreetbears.com/2016/08/23/chandler-parsons-going-recruiting-talent-memphis/

I would rather have a super star than a wannabe star that thinks he can sweet talk players into coming.