1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**** Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 30, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

Thing that hurt the most was the Hometown kid didn’t wanna come back

solid likes this.
  2. Possum

Possum Member

Morey haters are stupid.

3. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

He could have not acted like it was a sure thing and letting his FO leak stuff to the media about having trades lined and thinking they're in the lead for him when Butler never even thought about us.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol.i love Houston,.would leave to.stay in Miami lol. I went there on a cruise n didnt wanna come back. Hmmmm love the women lol. I dont blame him

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

As a big critic of Morey, you guys are being hard on him—how is he magically supposed to make it happe?

Honestly at the end , this is better for the rockets, Morey knows nothing about chemistry and has a history of wanting to trade the farm for the likes of Melo back in the day. He’s a great hedge fund and tax cut sort of guy, but it takes basketball knowledge to build a team. He has been overrated for a very very long time glad people are finally catching on

Hakeemtheking and FrontRunner like this.
  6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The FO publicly put all of their eggs in the Butler basket which was stupid. I never thought Butler wanted to come here.

7. rockets13champs

I love Morey but *** him

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  8. Put You On Game

We need a real basketball GM

Texanstradamus likes this.
  9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Capela is not worth a 1st round pick and Houston cannot find any team for it and i think that's why Butler had to go.

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

11. MC31B

MC31B Member

It's 2016 all over again out there and everyone is mad that Morey didn't sign an aging borderline star to a max contract..... Meanwhile Morey is a criminal for last year signing an aging future hall of famer to a max contract..

Patience and kjayp like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He never repped the city and obviously doesn’t care about Houston

FrontRunner and maw7079 like this.
  13. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Your feelings are hurt and I get it... but there’s no evidence these leaks cane from Morey. This could very well be Fertitta. I liked how things were handled under previous ownership. Morey is a damn good GM. He is a better GM than Tillman is an owner.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I hate threads like these. U can curse Morey all you want, who's the fking replacement what do u want? Instead of just btching for the sake of btching, at least provide a value contribution to the site.

Sure morey didn't get what he wanted, but it's not really his fault the stars doesn't wanna hang with harden. Our team is still good, as long as we have Harden.

We have a competent GM, who kept us from tanking all these years while still putting us in a position to compete. That's impressive, i bet if we tank u would still btch at him.

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

ill only be mad at morey if he cant make a splash trade with gordon/capela after letting the media ruin those relationships.

other than that, i cant be mad at him for FA when we barely got any money. i know we're trying to do the best with what we got. just a $hitty/boring situation until the season starts.

16. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Morey is a great GM, but these leaks still come back to the front office he's in charge of, even if it was Tilman or his sons. Tilman may be the boss, but if he's leaking things like this, Morey should be telling him to chill out.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol prepare for a treat. Nothing will happen.

tc0330 likes this.
  18. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets think they can trade/free agent there way into the Finals, but I hate that approach. They need to keep their picks and develop players.

19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

lol i know... im drinking whiskey while i type this lmao

20. rockets13champs

We try to be bigger than Chicago but we aint