1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is running it back a REALISTIC option anymore?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jun 29, 2019.

?

Would we be able to recoup enough chemistry to run it back?

1. No

33 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Yes

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

They professionals if the would of beat gsw then it would be any changing. So suck it up n do ur job

2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

They better get this trade done or next season will be tough for guys like Capela and Ego who know they were on the chopping block all summer

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think we can run it back. Warriors are not that good and now that Kawhi is gone we got this. And the sorry ass Bucks are trash wouldn't you agree?

4. malakas

malakas Member

By the time of the playoffs there's good chance the Warriors will be able to put almost the same players on the court that beat the Rockets this season, except Cousins.
    Not to mention if Kawhi joins the Lakers or teams up with another star at the Clippers.
    Even the Jazz fixed their biggest hole, while we are just one year older and more broken.

beardsanity713 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Chemistry comes from shared commitment.
    I remember after the Rockets were screwed in 2018 stressing how we had to make a move in the era of superteams and many wanted to run it back. Ryno just effen killed us. So many here forget that we were ever only competitive against GSW because of Harden. Dude beat them in OT going 1 vs 4 all stars plus the refs. He has 61 point games when the rest of the team is sitting around watching. He averages 35 in a series and many say he disappeared. No other team is using one player as a crutch like this and then blaming that player when it all turns to ****.

We have to do something and it may be too late. It has already cost us 2 championships. If you don’t see that there is nothing to discuss. If Morey does nothing I would rather see him fired for the Ryno debacle. It was a fatal flaw. He has let his ego get in the way of a lot. For a person that understands sunk cost we still have that Ryno sword lodged in our heart in the form of Shumpert and the same lost picks we could have lost two years ago and recovered by now. We squandered so many opportunities to win in a trade rather than win the trade. Great is the enemy of good and Morey always saw a better opportunity to lessen the cost of his mistake and it was time we could never get back. If we plan to do the same **** we should just trade Harden and tank. We’re not really interested in winning. Just wait until TF gets more heavily involved with his dumbass kids. If you think the Texans suck just wait.

In case you missed it historically much of the NBA is rigged. LA didn’t draft Wilt, Kareem, Kobe, LBJ, Shaq, Baylor, AD, Howard, CP3, and so on. Nash was one of the few examples where they were unlucky. LA sucks and the NBA gifts them Orlando’s and NOLA’s only two stars. CP3 trade gets recalled only because every team in the league threatened mutiny. AD was never going to LA but look who magically becomes the new GM and gets gifted Zion. Patrick Ewing to the Knicks. Need I go on. If you want to beat the NBA you have to make incredible moves and have to be the premier star or have unchallenged team success like the Spurs. Then the NBA adopts you. GS served as the LA stand in until the league could rectify the error. Not even the dumpster fire they were last month could stop the NBA from waving its magic wand. You wander why Jeanie Buss smiles and ignores everybody. It’s the same reason the politicians and CEOs do. They make the rules as they go. They never face consequences.

We will never have another Olajuwon. We will never have another Harden. You do whatever you have to do.

mikol13, Bengchu and beard4life like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Only thing i know is that i'm going to use these next few days to work on my expectations going forward, accept the reality and try to not get pissed/disappointed in having the same team back.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You're trying to keep your expectations low and your avatar is Jimmy Butler? :D

Vivi likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's the most realistic one

9. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Nah, while teams in the west and east are getting better, Morey is getting cheaper and downgrading the roster because of his own foolish financial and roster mistakes.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Haha run it back it is ;)

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think it is realistic, they do need to shuffle the roster thou. Gordon and Capela may have had bad vibes from this. In the end its a buisness, but i would try to mix up the roster with them two. Resign Trevor Ariza with the MLE.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don’t know - Gordon is a good guy but it seems he has a rep as a bit of a sensitive/low confidence guy from time to time. When he is on, he is amazing but his streaky emotional state and inconsistent play can bring the team down. A change in scenery might not be a bad idea for him or the team.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Morey doesn’t know **** about chemistry. Yea it’s a business but we treat people like assets more than anybody not named ainge—and I’m sure his perception amongst players is still better

daywalker02 and cheke64 like this.
  14. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

The landscape's changed. The only juggernauts in the league next year are Houston, LAL, and whichever team ends up with Kawhi - be it Toronto or LAL. It really sucks for LAC who I think suffered the most when KD went down with an Achilles injury, especially given the circumstances that will force him to be extra super cautious - I think this effectively takes them out of the Kawhi sweepstakes.

15. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I'd say #RunItBackWithMore we need a better bench than we started with, a full season to work out the chemistry

16. Cdub37

Cdub37 Member

We'll be running it back 2018 style...ending up signing Ariza instead of trading for Butler. Very disappointing.

17. Game7

Game7 Member

How are we doing so far?
    Everybody is upset about one thing or the other, but here we are...in true “Run It Back” fashion. Still have some room for more and can certainly make trades during the season.
    I will say that everybody in the tier below us got better (as they should at some point.) The Lakers are something if they fill out the roster and stay healthy. The Warriors could pull it together by the end of the year. Utah, Portland, etc...
    I still feel like we are right there if we can stay healthy. I am not burning down the house like some others who are ready to trade Harden. I am definitely not ready to say we are doomed...therapy is there for you guys.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Running it back certainly wouldn’t be an option if the roster was full of b****asses like this thread is

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothing to run back to, NBA landscape has again changed.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Want to see some Dennifer Lopez.