1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of MVP Voters Who Voted Against Harden in 2017 and 2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Earnie Banks, Jun 25, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Eh, i donno, fans and players can be just as stupid if not more stupid than the media(actually out of those three the media are probably the smartest), some of those all star votes are atrocious.

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

couldnt agree more. i didnt think id get mad but damn here i am mad lol.

now that im thinking about it, i guess its just cause since we're rockets fans we actually saw the $hit our team went through this past season and actually saw Harden's legendary greatness first hand where he literally carried the team on his back almost every game.

i mean damn, when he was posting all these historic numbers during the season, these dumbass reporters had no problem fanboy'ing and praising his greatness.

but after the votes are in and harden loses, they go back stab him and run around saying he wasnt that great? and then they got the audacity to make fun of him and then call us rockets fans out as petty and classless for defending our boy? that just drives me f*cking crazy.

3. macan

macan Member

NBA award is just a popularity contest..
    i don't care anymore. we all know it's rigged.
    all i want it's a championship!

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

How seriously do the players take the Players’ MVP vote? I have zero respect for the media.

5. dmoneybangbang

Agreed.

HP3 likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

This.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

You're fine, it's fine. :)

Probably deserved it's own thread anyways (but I don't like making threads).

Earnie Banks likes this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Who did they vote for in 2018?

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I didn’t know a few posters spoke for all of CF...try harder next time...

10. Earnie Banks

Earnie Banks Member

You have a quickest trigger in the west when it comes to scraping a website, and comparing two lists. Very impressive. Thanks for the blessing

bobert923 and D-rock like this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad that’s also rigged so good luck.

malakas, macan, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, I dont have a problem with dudes who voted Harden 2 years ago and Giannis now, same with Leonard 2 years ago and Giannis now. For me its about consistency. And these guys who did Westbrook Giannis are a joke to me, but I dont think thats the majority of the media.

13. Mr. Clutch

Remember the reason Westbrook won was because nobody wanted to vote for Curry/Durant because their team was too stacked. In a normal year, the #1 or #2 seed wins, but with the #1 seed disqualified they had to come up with something else

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why were Leonard voters also included in this list? The Spurs won more games than the Rockets that year. That's pretty consistent, actually.

That said, even voting for Westbrook and then Giannis this year isn't necessarily an inconsistent vote. It depends on what one's arguments were. How many of the Giannis voters who were also Westbrook voters stated that their criteria is solely "best player on best team" and nothing else? That's the relevant list if you're trying to expose inconsistent voters.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

HArden's MVP was given because they had to pretty much and his main competitor was Lebron who already won the damn thing 4x anyway so it was a safe year to give it to him. I think too there was some pity for how they robbed him to give it to Westbrook in 2017 and so they almost felt as if he were owed one.

2017 they already decided Westbrook would get that MVP award because the story was "Durant left him and now he has to carry his team so hard!" even if his team was floating out of the playoffs that year they already decided it was his to lose.

2018 there was never any doubt it would be Harden's. Lebron had a slight argument but it was always clear that they were going to give it to him and the funny thing is that Westbrook averaged a triple double this year too and he got no consideration for it. In fact, since Durant left Westbrook has been averaging a triple double yet in 2017 that was THE REASON he won, that was the only reason they cited...so why isn't he a 3x MVP right now?

2019 I always felt like the narrative was going to be for Kawhi but since he just didn't put much into the regular season they immediately found someone else. Everything Giannis did was the greatest and bestest while Harden literally put up historic numbers and it was always shooed away.

2020 and beyond...don't count on Harden winning anymore MVPs. Depending on what Kawhi does in the FA I think the media feels he's due one and it will likely be between him and either AD or even Lebron again. No matter what Harden does it will never be enough again because they have decided it doesn't really matter what he does.

I'm not saying that there is a conspiracy but there is just a narrative that builds within the first month or so of the season. All the Giannis love now will wither away next year as the media focuses back on the Lakers and the whole "You need to carry your team..." BS will be ignored for AD or Lebron, whatever the case, they'll make it fit. Maybe they'll even run with "First time two players on the same team finish top 3 for MVP" or whatever, they'll run with something, and it'll be ESPN leading the charge.

J Sizzle and HP3 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Same happend with Lebron when he teamed up Wade, and guess who won, Rose with the number one seed, see its ridiculous and stupid. Harden had all the qualifications that year, we had the third best record in the league and he had insane numbers which Leonard was not producing. Westbrook didnt deserve that MVP.
    Explain to me how that could work, voting for Westbrook and Giannis, without brining up triple doubles.

17. Mr. Clutch

Except #3 seeds rarely win. The Spurs were 6 games better. Kawhi's numbers were great that year.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

With Leonard having inferior numbers to Harden. Harden was having a historic season that year as well.

19. Mr. Clutch

I'm not sure about that, but if it's about numbers Westbrook averaged a triple double and more ppg than Harden...not that I would go by box score on this

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Unassisted dunks?

MorningZippo and HP3 like this.