1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela: Possible trade destinations!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

DeAndre (i guess)

Jay Craft and Cdub37 like this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

90 mil clint... lmao only we would over pay his butt like that...

3. vonbock

vonbock Member

Not to beat a dead horse but whose idea was it to give a guy an extension and want to trade him 1 year later?

RocketOrg likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

What do you mean? Players get signed/extended and traded within a year if not months everytime.

Not giving him a contract last summer would've made no sense, until he's traded this guy is (and was) our starting center, why would you not want to resign him? It's not like by letting him go we would've been players in free agency anyway.

Tfor3 and Embrace the clutch like this.
  5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Same, Need to give gordon 76 million extension, then trade him.

Horford 33years old = 112 million
    I thought he want to win and pay cut to 3year 30 million contract snt. it fits tilman cost saving program.
    What a waste of time!

Whoever wants 80 million overpaid, don’t come.
    Harris is worth 110m wants 190m, don’t come.

#185 BigBum, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Cdub37 likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Many people on this board have no idea how the NBA Salary Cap works. The best free agents last year were LeBron James, Paul George, Chris Paul and Clint Capela. If the Rockets let Paul and Capela walk, they would have added $49.4 million in cap space last summer. However, they were more than $20 million over the salary cap. Therefore, if they let Paul and Capela go for nothing, the Rockets would have still needed to shed more salary to barely offer James or George a maximum salary contract and have room under the cap to sign other players. Then, ask yourself this: Would James or George sign with the Rockets if they no longer have Paul and Capela? The answer is no.

The bottom line is the Rockets’ front office made the right call in re-signing both Paul and Capela. There wasn’t a better, attainable way to improve, and they now have the ability to get assets back via trade. Furthermore, it also meant keeping the core of a 65-win team that took the Warriors to seven games in the Western Conference Finals together.

#186 DVauthrin, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Right call?
    FO can pay Paul his value 100 million, he wants to win.
    Can keep Ariza, then trade him.

Cdub37 likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Definitely, and fwiw, if you let Paul go, Lebron certainly isn't walking through that door so, gutting the team who was so close to win just to have like a 20% of getting Paul George made no sense.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Cdub37

Cdub37 Member

There's a lot of rumors around Boston wanting him, but I think they will pursue DLo with their available cap space first, then see if they can trade for CC with some of that left over cap space and add a player or two like Smart. We can dream for Brown, plug him into the 3, and then add DJ at the 5.

With New Orleans having $30 million in cap room, and having a big gap in the middle, I could see them pursuing CC or Steven Adams. Adams will be easier to get in a salary dump by OKC. Tillman may think he can save money by getting out from CC's contract, and just paying DJ the MLE.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

11. basketballholic

Remember the word both. It applies to Boston too. Capela and DLo. Or others.

BallaDoc likes this.
  12. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

You do realize capela is only making 14 million a year right? Let me show you some other contracts centers around the league have.

Horford 33
    Jokic 27
    Embiid 27
    Drummond 27
    Whiteside 27
    Adams 26
    Gasol 26
    Gilbert 24
    Jordan 23
    Aldridge 26
    Ibaka 26
    Kanter 19
    Thompson 19
    Biyombo 17
    Favors 17
    Valanciunas 16
    Mozgov 17
    Mahinmi 17
    Dieng 16
    Chandler 14
    Gortat 14
    Olynyk 14
    Seller 14
    Plumlee 14

Yeah we were stupid to give a kid averaging 17/13 good rebound percent. Good rim protection. Premier rim runner and upper echelon switch center an incentive based 14 mill contract.....

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i want only a lateral trade for Clint..if not, trade for J. Brown will do

14. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Clint was worth every penny until last season.

Not sure what happened to his ability to switch on the perimeter but before that went away I would feel comfortable with his contract

jcmoon likes this.
  15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

clint is cool. i like him, but he just not playoff matieral. the stats are alright, but we need better. simple as that. i want the most aggressive MF out there, not the softest.

saleem likes this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Excuse me, who is D-Lo?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

D' AngeLO Russell......I know complicated thing.

#197 daywalker02, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    saleem likes this.
  18. vince

vince Member

Clint has improved every year he’s been in the league. The debacle that happened against GS was a coaching problem, Kerr outfoxed MDA.

My goodness, this dribble reminds me of the negative talk so many hear had about James Harden early in his Rockets career. That negativity from Houston fans might have even infected the National narrative, Harden gets so much hate from the media, it’s sickening so I avoid it as much as I can, I can barely stomach any nationality televised games (Van Gundy is the only positive one about the Rockets). But don’t forget that hate predated the National media, it started here just like all the blah talk about Capela (that Capela contract was good value).

Let Capela adjust and get better, he got stumped by Draymond Green; it’s going to happen. He’ll make adjustments, he’s done so throughout his career. But for so many Rocket fans claiming Capela didn’t pull his weight on that contract is shocking!

BallaDoc, thedreamsteam and BigShasta like this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks. Yes, he definitely could be a replacement for Kyrie.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dribble instead of drivel because basketball topic right?

Very punny!

thedreamsteam likes this.