1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Uniforms for the rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

It looks terrible. Check out the merch on rocketsshop.com

ipaman and J.R. like this.
  2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Hate it. Why would they do this? Too busy.

I have never really been a fan of the R logo, but this makes it worse by throwing that basketball planet thing behind it.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

oh my goodness, it looks worse on the merch than in the picture. this is truthfully ms paint. we have a great digital team who does great work, how did this get green-lit?

macho GRANDE and Richie_Rich like this.
  4. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I'm having flashbacks of how disappointed I was about that Red/Yellow alternate we had awhile back when Kevin Martin was still with us. So ugly.

I think from now on. I'm only wearing retro gear.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/06/06/houston-rockets-unveil-new-logo-new-uniforms-still-to-come/

Houston has been referring to this logo as a secondary logo in their social media posts and on the official team store — it looks like, however, it’ll be classified by the NBA officially as their Global Logo. The logo it’s replacing was also known as the “global logo”.

We also learned today that the Rockets will be unveiling a new uniform set on June 20th. No details released by the team but rumours have swirled suggesting we’ll at least see a new Association (home) and Icon (road) uniform — the Association will be white (by league rule), the Icon is reportedly red. I’ve been told the designs for these two jerseys will be quite simple and straight-forward, and that they are not a throwback to any previous team uniform.

#145 J.R., Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    rockets13champs likes this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

draft night event? when did we get our 1st rounders back

7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

@bmd did a much better design on the logo.... what the hell?????????

Even Scola is disappoint

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. FartWaffles

FartWaffles Member

Is that supposed to be Saturn? I don't know what to think about this... Not a fan.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. dshay7

dshay7 Member

Things I don't understand:

1. For nearly 20 years, every time the Rockets have released or updated the logo, it doesn't hold a candle to the user-created ones we've seen on this forum. How can an organization worth $2 billion hire "professionals" to tackle such a project yet still not do better than the people of Clutchfans? Listen to your fans, it ain't rocket science.

2. You can call that stupid "R" a launching rocket if you want, but to me it still harkens back to the "Yao Ming - let's appeal to the Asian market" type of font. Which, I never liked, but I at least understood while Yao was here. Good business sense to market apparel to a country 1 billion strong. But to continue that trend today makes zero sense. No offense meant to the Asian population of the greater Houston area - but the team name "Houston Rockets" has absolutely nothing to do the Asian culture, and shouldn't be reflected in the font of the logo, the court, etc. If you go that route, include font for the Hispanic population, etc. Again, it might intend to look like a launching "R", but when I look at it I still see that Asian inspired font.

3. Classic teams like the Celtics, Knicks, Bulls and Lakers have made subtle changes to their logos over the years, yet still remain true to their most iconic logos. Why can't we figure this out?

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Our new logo is so trashy that the bottom lines of the 'ball' don't even line up properly. Wtf ..

[​IMG]

What are those two black lines going up at the bottom? Those aren't ball lines, they don't match up!!!!

CONFIRMED TILMAN IS BROKE

it's obvious he couldn't afford more than $5 on Fiverr for our new logo.

Atleast the lines matchup on this logo.
    [​IMG]
    howevert that ^^ logo wont be on shirts.

The one that is trashy is.

#150 Realjad, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  11. Nook

Nook Member

At the end of the day I do not care..... I just want them to win.

Having said that, it looks like some sort of terrible 90's Castlevania over the top artwork.

saleem and treyk3 like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Looks more like a 2019 version of Konami to me.

Nook likes this.
  13. eslate22

eslate22 Member

the rockets lead designer should be fired... my graphic designer can do a million times better job than this and he’s not even a sports fan... pathetic job rockets

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Imagine being the guy who think this looks good, let alone approves it.

"Yeah, that's exactly it right there. Exactly what I'm looking for."

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think everything ties in together. Good branding leads to more global merchandise sales. More merchandise sales means more revenue for the owner. More revenue for the owner means less likelihood that he would balk at luxury tax. Less balking at luxury tax means higher likelihood of building out a good team. Good teams lead to winning championships. Rinse and repeat.

I also don't understand how the Rockets can have a team like the Astros right down the street that underwent a complete overhaul of their brand, and not learn ANYTHING from them. It's honestly super frustrating.

BHannes2BHonest and macho GRANDE like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I will tell you part of the problem.

The Astros are ran like a corporation. There are a number of people working independently on projects that then report to a boss, who reports to a boss who then has a large meeting and ultimately reports to the owner.

The Rockets on the other hand run things much more traditionally. There are a few people and everyone reports to them. Tilman has attempted to shake this up, and has added some jobs but he also has made his sons named as heads.

Deuce likes this.
  17. onreego

onreego Member

I'm worried about the jersey reveal...

18. rockets13champs

19. onreego

onreego Member

These are happening, aren't they...:(

[​IMG]

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is that what he tells Morey, Harden & Chris?

#shutupanddribble #shutupandlisten

:D

rockets13champs and Nook like this.