1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Athletic) Ikosystem: Rockets moving "Heaven and Earth" for Kawhi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 29, 2019.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

If Morey can convince Uncle Dennis to Opt - In and trade and promise the max like CP3. Morey should get his own banner in the Toyota Center.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Iko with the clickbait. Title specifically takes aim at Kawhi but then it becomes a ‘player like Kawhi’ SMH.

GageD and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Don’t waste your time Rockets. His uncle running the show will have him in L.A. or New York if they don’t win the
    Championship this year. Another year in Toronto if they win it all this year. Nice home he just bought or built in L.A.

saleem and daywalker02 like this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I agree. The only thing here that isn't moving is Kawhi to Houston.

5. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'd be shocked if Kawhi comes here. It makes no sense for him to even consider the Rockets. Kawhi either goes to the Clippers or stays in Toronto.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Crazy thing is Rockets could have had Harden, Kawhi and Nick Nurse if only Morey wasn't so obsessed with Melo (and baby Melo by extension).

Drafting Morris over Kawhi is one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen considering every mock draft had Kawhi going 14. It's right up there with Cavs picking Anthony Bennett no 1 IMO just a totally cluessless move back when Morey had his head up his ass and thought analytics were everything.

D-rock likes this.
  7. jacoby

jacoby Member

We could have just drafted him for free.

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Yeah my bad fellas for posting this empty click bait article without reading it first. If I had known I wouldn't have and if this is the author of the article @KellyUnchained you should be ashamed of yourself for this clickbait smh

GageD likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It means all players on the table except Harden.

10. NateNate

NateNate Member

Kelly has had tweets before where he insinuates things or kinda messes with us fans cause he knows we're desperate for insider news. He'll lead on he knows something and be very vague with either emojis or silly little responses. I've chalked it up to him being a young reporter but he's a couple years in now and it kind of seems this may be who he is. I was hoping he would be our Woj lol. I do like Alykhan Bijani even though he may not break news. He comes off a little more mature than Kelly.

I just re-read my post and it reads like I don't like Kelly. Dude is cool just what I pointed out is annoying.

Reeko and GageD like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He would always have someone who does the talking for him.

saleem likes this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I remember watching that draft thinking there's no way Leonard gets to 14 and being happy when he did only to see us get cute and watch the Spurs snap him up in a trade one pick later. We passed on Jimmy Butler a few times that year. Could have had Kawhi and Butler that year at 14 & 20.

Thank Mchale's input too. Mchale got Morris and then beat the guy down to let him know he wasn't as good as Chandler Parsons.

D-rock likes this.
  13. izeroi

izeroi Member

0% this is happening. Move along.

14. riko

riko Member

It’s either clippers or he will stay in Toronto. If he had any sense he would stay in Toronto.There is virtually no chance we get him

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

To be fair wings are hard to predict, if Jimmy B was that good in college he'd be a lotto pick. But Kawhi was a perfect fit for the Rox we were bringing in Harden who was an offensive machine and Dwight who was a defensive big man, bringing in Kawhi would've shored the perimeter defense an was a no brainer imo.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's also virtually no chance he would win a ring in Toronto. Plus...it's freaking Toronto.

If I were him I go to Lakers to play with Lebron and AD.

17. rocks123

rocks123 Member

add hell and purgatory if they must or the whole solar system.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It’s hard to make that argument whenever he’s playing in an NBA Finals as we speak.

Nobody thought PG13 would stay in OKC. Crazier things have happened. Either way, he’s not coming here.

YOLO and saleem like this.
  19. GageD

GageD Member

Iko tweeted that! he is an attention w**** using "sources" on every thing. he's been wrong a lot!!!

Reeko and saleem like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't believe this stuff. I believe your sources. You said to me Lebron was going to LAL even when he was playing in the regular season with Cleveland.

ApacheWarrior likes this.