1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] Everything is Morey's Fault

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

you dont get awards for 2nd. that's true. but we all know morey is one of the most coveted GMs in the league. this rockets team (last years moreso) might be the best we've ever had. at the end of the day talent > analytics, especially in the playoffs. and this warriors team is just immense.

if the warriors destroy the raptors, it vindicates morey for sure. if they don't.. makes us look worse and proves that you need truly transcendent talent (kawhi > harden) to win.

2. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

The only blame I would put on Morey is his ideology of shooting the 3s. You can’t let the team shoot 3s while not improving or adjust when it comes to playoff time.

We saw zero game adjustments in playoffs, we live by the 3s and we die by the 3s.

Harden shared a lot of blames too, too many iso too many dribble dribble and step back 3s.

I blame the head coach MDA the most.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can't blame Morey for the way Harden plays or how MDA coaches.

roslolian and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Adjustments arent Morey's job thats the coach.

The only thing Morey did is show the data that shows 3s and paint are more effective than the mid range. And it is effective, a team like Bucks got 1st seed and Rox got 3rd. Both these teams are just 1 star team (I dont consider Cp3 and Middleton as stars they are like role players at this point) and they got higher than a team like OKC
    , Jazz and Minnesotta who had multiple stars but 0 analytics.

Both of them flamed out in the playoffs but thats just talent disparity, GSW has 4 all stars and Raptors have Kawhi who is the best player in the NBA. OTH Giannis can't shoot and Harden has a tendency to choke in big games. That's not analytics lol, when you shoot 40% normally and then shoot 20% in the playoffs thats not analytics thats the player choking.

Analytics can never replace talent it just supplement it.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

You always need transcendental talen to win.

If Raptors win that just proves Kawhi is the best by a long shot, I dunno why that makes the Rox look worse. It makes Harden look bad but analytics as a whole has made the team overachieve. If the Rox dont run analytics its highly ppssible they miss the playoffs like Mr. Lebron "Analytics dumb" James.