1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay reaction to missing all nba team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, May 23, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ThoseSophisticatedFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Reeko, Nook, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Just when I couldn't think any lower of the golden State warriors. Great team but their attitudes are beyond what a champion should be. When you win a lot there is an expected arrogance that goes along with it, but the warriors take it to another level. I'm glad my child isn't into basketball otherwise I'd be working overtime on teaching him on how to act when you win and lose.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Eh, I don't really mind his reaction. These guys are all pretty confident -- how could you not be at this level? He handled that news live in front of a camera, with huge economic implications. Not sure what y'all want. I'd actually think less of him if he gave some mealy-mouthed crap about thinking all those guys are better than him. The biggest injustice is not Kemba but Kyrie, who destroyed a good team and played zero defense (again). LOL.

Of all the Warriors I dislike (nearly all of them), Klay and Iggy are the only ones I'd ever want on a team of mine, just as talents, human beings and players who can be completely selfless.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's the tricky thing.

I don't think GSW is going to lowball him, I don't think they have any intention to...but...

If Durant does this thing where he decides to get wined and dined by teams and look at presentations during that time Klay could also get offers from other teams so it opens the door for him to leave because some other team could woo him while GSW is waiting for Durant to decide.

It's probably not likely of course but they could lose both. They need to offer Klay the max right away, don't let him flirt with other teams, because I think if they do that he could go to another team while Durant is already set on the Knicks.

If I'm the Warriors, Durant is just a luxury. Secure Klay, maybe see if you can get Cousins back for cheap and if you can't do that I'm sure there will be enough ring chasers to fill out the team.

smp and rantsolpuella13 like this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Just posting again to make you guys realize how crappy the Hornets roster is. Their second best player is Jeremy Lamb. Nicolaus Batum is going to get paid $25 and $27 million the next 2 years, and at his best was a slightly better Trevor Ariza and right now can't give you 10 ppg. PJ Tucker is a more valuable player currently. Can you imagine if we were paying PJ Tucker $25 million next year.

The East isn't great, but honestly on paper the Hornets are less talented than the Suns.

I have no clue how far Kemba could go as a #1 guy on a much more talented team. But I certainly suspect if you replace Kyrie with him, the Celtics are at a minimum in the second round still, and potentially even further, since Kemba doesn't seem to be the headcase culture destroyer Kyrie is. Kemba as your #1 is never going to win you a championship, though. But neither is Klay.

malakas and javal_lon like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is amazing how poorly the Hornets draft.

Players they passed on...when having lottery picks...

2017: Donovan Mitchell
    2015: Myles Turner, Devin Booker
    2014: Elfrid Payton, Saric (This was a really bad draft to be fair...)
    2013: CJ McCollum, Steven Adams, GIANNIS
    2012: Dame, Beal

I mean this team drafts in the lottery time and time again and somehow continues to pick duds, role players AT BEST.

Their fortunes change completely if they were to luck up and draft Turner, Mitchell, Booker, CJ, GIANNIS, or Beal.

Just goes to show how important drafting is. I will say the guy they got this past draft seems like a good pick so far. He's not changing the fate of the franchise or anything but...yeah.

malakas, SamFisher and smp like this.
  7. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

I don’t necessarily think they are going to low ball Klay on purpose. However with their cap situation, and if they’re wanting to keep Kevin, they may want to get a “home town discount” from someone and Klay may be asked to do just that.

Let’s not forget that Draymond will want a payday as well soon, especially since he took less money the last time Durant re-signed.

Yep this is my thought as well. I don’t think GSW is going to purposely ask Klay to take a lower contract but if they want to remain in the Durant sweepstakes they may need to. The funny thing is that Durant could have helped the team by signed a long deal either this year or last year, but he purposely took 1 plus 1 deals to increase his earning potential. That’s his right and all but he may cause GSW to lose Klay or Draymond as well.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I believe they will, especially if they intend on keeping him. Woj also made this a story as well. Because other teams will be throwing max at him. at some point, guys like this cash in when they can get max. hes what 29 now. this is his last opportunities to do so

9. smp

smp Member

Warriors and Spurs hit it right and became dynasties. Draft poorly and you continue to suck.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Simple.
    You cannot be ALL NBA when you are the Third or Fourth Option on your team
    with no real responsibilities as a leader/provider for your team

Rocket River

rocks123 and BigShasta like this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would take him on the Rockets in a second. He is solid in every aspect of the game.

12. biina

biina Member

No problem cos the NBA will continue to reward you for being losers.

I would rather the draft position to not be based on losing records. It rewards failure and just encourages mediocrity imo. A system that allows something like the Philly process is simply in bad taste. There just has to be a better way to do it.

As an example, your probability of getting a high pick could be made a function of your drafting position in previous years i.e. the lower you have drafted in the past 5-10yrs, the higher your chances of getting a high pick twould be his year. I think such a system would also make trade value of draft picks more uncertain and interesting.

BigShasta and smp like this.
  13. smp

smp Member

Yeah. I agree. Your idea might work. They would really have to think about it and how it could be exploited though. These guys are experts at finding loop holes in the rules.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol he got robbed what arrogance are you talking about? Due to not making the all nba team he is not eligible to getting a supermax on his next deal.

He has a right to be upset thats a lot of money and he clearly deserves to be on the all NBA team over freaking Kemba Walker. In a draft of NBA stars how many people take Kemba Walker over Klay? But no, that's arrogance and you should teach your child not to be arrogant lol. Next time your child gets screwed of something he/she shouldn't be upset or else that will be arrogance.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dunno why you guys are celebrating it means more capspace for the warriors. Instead of paying 2 supermax they need to pay just 1.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Any bit of sympathy I might have had for this typically self-entitled ego driven Oakland player? It vanishes when I remember his dirty play guarding Harden at the 3 point line during the first half of game one. Thompson can suck on his disappointment, and I hope he chokes.

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's all we have bruh

18. JW86

JW86 Member

Could it be that media members didn’t vote for Klay to save the Warriors money?

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think it's just that he has a very forgettable regular season TBH.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Klay Thompson is a hell of a player, but everybody knows how good a team would be if he were depended on to lead the offense.

He wants to have his cake and eat it too. Avoid taking the criticism for disappearing and still receive the superstar hype when he has his great games. You don't get to avoid the first part when you're the man.

rocks123 and rantsolpuella13 like this.