1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WCF Is Proof that Durant Is Not Needed for Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Manny Ramirez, May 20, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Durant is joyful, Kerr is vengeful, wants Anger, Pop wants some nasty........they won.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but Durant isn't his best in the previous 3 rounds.........he had literally go to GSW to do that because as a No 1 option in OKC he mostly failed to make the Finals after Harden got traded.

He played his best in Finals for sure. GSW helped him to get there in the first place.

3. jb86

jb86 Member

Do y'all think we could get KD in free agency? If so, how far would we be in the luxury tax?

4. rocks123

rocks123 Member

if the teams offense is centered on you then its easier for you to dominate especially if you belong to a team where everyone in their starting 5 is capable of scoring 30 plus a game if they WANT to. if the offense was centered for klay to score then klay would be the Finals MVP. that alone makes GSW an unpredictable team. In our team just adding CP3 as another legit option put us on a same stratosphere as GSW last season. if only we can clone harden.

rantsolpuella13 and Sajan like this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's the funniest post I've read in a while. I would rather cut one of my nuts off than taint our team with such a coat-ridding maggot.

6. jb86

jb86 Member

Really? Besides how you feel about him, you wouldn't want him on our team? Even if it was a guaranteed Championship?

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Before he decided to join a 73 win team, yes. There's no such thing as a guaranteed championship.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Just because KD won the finals mvp doesn't make him a NECESSITY for the warriors to win a title.

Obviously they went to 2 finals without him and won 1 and had a historic season.

Adding KD just made it easier because now there's yet another 30+ pt scoring option at your disposal. His style of play requires him to be the focus of the offense..so he looks like the "face" of the team. But in reality the others are just lurking behind him to take over if needed. And they just showed that they are capable by beating the rockets and portland without him.

rantsolpuella13 and Easy like this.
  9. jb86

jb86 Member

If I was D. Morey, I would go after KD for the heck of it. It does seem like he is going to leave regardless if they win or not. NY doesn't look as attractive in terms of winning a championship going into next season. I'm just saying the owner has to pay for better players. If it means going into the luxury tax then so be it. If you want to win you have to pay.

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

As soon KD went down, i lost any hope in the Rockets beating GSW. KD's iso benefited the Rockets defense. With GSW going back to full on motion offense, i dont think the Rockets had the personnel, game plan or practice time to over come that.

GSW just went back to the offense that got them to two straight finals without KD - they were pretty damn unbeatable then. Like someone else mentioned - momentum completely shifted after they lost Bogut to injury and Draymond suspended for game 5.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's a lot easier to play his ISO scoring game when the opponent's defense is worrying about two historically great shooters and a PF/C guy who can dribble and pass like a PG.

The Warriors let Durant score at will. When they don't have him, they still can score at will.

I would LOVE to see Durant come back to play in the Finals and the Warriors lost. That would be poetic on so many levels.

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

We lost largely bc Capela was absolute trash. He didn’t rebound well, was often out of position, and couldn’t finish for shiii anytime Draymond was in the paint. If we had gotten good production out of that 5 spot, we would have probably won.

I am really hoping to trade EG, picks, fillers, and help from a third team for Butler and then pray to god DeAndre signs for the MLE (he just might since he’s from H-Town). Also gotta make our due diligence and see if we can get Cleveland to bite on a package centered around Capela, House, and picks for KLove.

If Morey is able to pull this off, I will be in absolute awe.

From there, then it’s pretty simple, we gotta resign Rivers and if possible, figure out if a guy like Josh Jackson is available (he got into legal trouble again and the Suns being such a young team might be willing to part with him for cheap. He’d def be worth taking a flyer on.

Moreover, If iHart can give us solid back up minutes, we will be a force to be reckoned with...

Feast your eyes on the combo of lineups we can feature with this roster..

CP3/Rivers
    Harden/Rivers
    Butler/Jackson
    Love/Tuck/Butler
    DJ/iHart/Love

Big, small, iso, motion, high post...we would be the most versatile team in the league by far...

Imagine a small lineup with Love at the 5

CP3
    Rivers
    Harden
    Butler
    Love

Each player can hit the three, put the ball on the floor, and rebound. It would literally rain threes and with the athleticism of Butler, sheer physical strength of Harden and Love, we would punish other smaller lineups on the boards and be able to stay in front of other guard oriented lineups.

All NBA D lineup

CP3/Harden
    Rivers
    Butler
    Tuck
    DJ

This lineup would literally suffocate opposing offenses; stops, forced turnovers, shot clock violations, blocks, and steals galore.

That bench features a rabid Rottweiler/Pitt Bull in Tuck, a potentially solid wall of rim protection and positional defense in iHart, and feature 3 athletic wings who can D up and get to the basket as playmakers and/or finishers.

Rivers
    Butler
    Jackson
    Tuck
    iHart

This team would literally steamroll its way to a ship. We would be able to stop the Warriors with our versatile combination of switchable lineups and be able to punish them on the glass when they force us to go small. Literally this roster would win 65 games and maybe lose 2 games all playoffs...

13. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

Yes, it may not have been a Rockets sweep, and it is really difficult to do "what if"s, but this series was about as close as you can get and if KD hadn't played the whole series, I think it is pretty clear that the Rockets would have beaten the Warriors. I don't know what is going to happen with the Warriors next year, but if they lose both Durant and Cousins, and the Rockets can marginally improve, I think the Rockets will take the West--this assumes no significant improvement from other West teams by having the likes of Leonard, Davis, Irving, etc. joining them.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The warriors are worse with Durant, particularly down the stretch.

Curry is far better at initiating the offense, Klay is a better outside shooter, and dray is a better passer and ballhandler.

Durant stagnates the offense.

15. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

The "Warriors are worse with Durant" is a fascinating take. Among the many Warriors fans I know, and I know a lot, not a single one thinks the Warriors are a better team without Durant. Everyone here is praying that he changes his mind and stays, but the media seems to think his move to the Knicks is all but a done deal.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am thinking they are not worse with Durant. It depends on matchups.

KD has improved in playmaking and moving the ball.

I think some of them just got lazy watching KD as role players got lazy watching James Harden.

#56 daywalker02, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Sajan and Oakland Fan like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know why some people keep saying that the Warriors is worse with Durant. The only time a team is worse with a top 5 player is if that player creates chemistry issues or locker room distractions. They don't seem to have those problems with Durant.

So how can they be worse with a top 5 player? The most you can say is that they aren't much better with him, or that they don't really need him to win. I am willing to concede that the Warriors aren't much better with Durant on the court than with him off the court. There is only one ball. If he is scoring a lot, that means Curry and/or Klay aren't shooting as much. In economics, it is called diminished return.

But if Curry or Klay is hurt, or has a bad game, Durant is a more than capable insurance. Or they can take turn resting without any drop off. How can that make them worse?

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I agree he makes them better in case of injury to Steph. He's insurance

But I think he causes chemistry issues. Look at Curry's stats before and after Durant injury in the playoffs

Easy likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are saying that Durant makes Curry worse, which I don't disagree. That's not the same as making the Warriors worse.

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

2017 NBA Finals says otherwise. That was a damn good cavs team.