1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

To quote Chuck (God) from “Supernatural” at the end of Season 5 (was as the supposed series finale...but show was renewed and has gone on to Season 15..its last). His character has wrote everything that has happened to the main characters (even published the stories in books) and was monologuing at the end:

Kim, BigM and arkoe like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I want to see the misadventures of Drogon and Dany's corpse

Kim, CheezeyBoy22, BigM and 3 others like this.
  3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Agreed.

And as much as they have **** on Tyrion's character these past few seasons, it was pretty badass to see him throw his badge away while looking dead into her eyes.

But then this new "Mad Queen" did literally nothing and everything went to ****.

arkoe likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Remember how ugly she was last episode and into the war? Then, she comes out looking like her old, beauty-faced self again. Did she get some sleep or something? It's amazing what devastating the population of a whole city can do for the face!

Kim and B-Bob like this.
  5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ending was ok. Same level of hate for Mass Effect 3 and I thought they ended that decently. Everyone seems to want more red weddings and Hardhome but dont seem to realize this was a wrap up season. You dont get Hardhomes and red weddings at the end of a story. That only raises more questions.

GRENDEL, BigM and JayGoogle like this.
  7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Not how I would have wrapped it up but not as bad as I was expecting.
    The first half was edge of the seat but once Drogo flew away it nose dived . The unsullied and rakis were already in a bloodlust and they just accepted this foreigner killed their queen .. yeah ok .. dude wasn't even tortured . So then everyone just let's the traitor in handcuffs call all the shots .. huh . Would have preferred some type of rescue or something ,anything . Was this all to get Snow to the wall , because he could have just said ,I'm going north and that's easier to believe .

BigM and arkoe like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ending was better than the rest of the season

arkoe likes this.
  9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Drogon last spotted flying east...so maybe to Essos, maybe to Kinvara?

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Absolutely horrendous story writing.

So Bran planned this all along? Lol.

Beyond the writing so many illogical things.

Grey Work beating Jon to the top. Brienne closing a book with wet ink. Jaime and Cersei having been only inches from being a ok. Daenerys’ voice somehow reaching the Dothraki. And how about those Dothraki - what happened to them at the end lol? Grey Worm just being like we’re going to kill that dick... what oh I can’t do that you’re going to elect a king... oh my bad. Drogon’s entire storyline in the episode.

One could go on and on.

11. Surfguy

If only they had a table to get under, then they would have been fine. Earthquake 101

Also, was anyone else expecting Tyrion to stab Dany in the back when he was walking up behind her? It would have been appropriate because, just moments before, he was seething with rage seeing Jamie and Cersie dead.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Do Hardhome and the red wedding in 10 minutes. That is basically what we got in the last episode.

Episode 1: Undo everything that happened in season 7, including releasing Yara, which had absolutely no impact to the rest of the season.
    Episode 2: A Winterfell farewell to all those who are going to die in the next episode.
    Episode 3: No significant characters die, which made episode 2 completely pointless. Several major characters should have died several times, but saved from a cut away shot.
    Episode 4: I completely forgot what happened in this episode, other than Eurons teleporting fleet kills a dragon.
    Episode 5: Dany flips, becoming the mad queen. All the bad guys are all killed off.
    Episode 6: Dany back to being a reasonable queen. Jon kills her in an anticlimatic manner. Drogon, in a full comical manner, take the body and just disappears. All the killers are appointed to positions of authority, although they have absolutely no experience in these new positions.

astros123 and arkoe like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya the problem with the writing the past few seasons hasn't been were the characters ended up by the end of the series. The characters could have ended up exactly the same way as long as their journey to their end place wasn't so rushed and badly written and it could still be excellent.

I'm pretty sure this is how GRRM wants to end the series but he probably is going to write the journey if he ever finishes in a far more fleshed out manner that makes more sense.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

it was just such **** writing.

I don't mind the plot points, but man developing them and concluding them WAS JUST SOOOO BAD.

And they had 2 years to make 6 episodes...

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I halfway expected Drogon to try to burn Jon only to see Jon walk out unscathed.

That's the type of season it has been.

cml750, GotGame15 and arkoe like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also Bran doesn't know the future, this is a misconception, he doesn't just see it at will.

His power is greensight, he can see into the past and he can warg into...pretty much anything.

17. Surfguy

I thought it was a bit over-the-top to believe that Dany still fully trusted Jon after Episode 5 when he basically spurned her...to where she would put herself in a room alone with him again...and even kiss him again. I guess we're supposed to buy she was blinded by her love for him and still wanted to see him in a favorable light...even though he just basically chewed her ass out for having killed a bunch of innocent civilians. Just didn't really add up to me. I would at least expect Greyworm to be in the room with them. She knew he was a liability for her claim to the throne. Yet, she's still cozying up to him after he spurned her. She knew Jon was for the people. She had to have known he was totally pissed about what she did...especially after he just told her off like she wasn't his Queen. And, she knew Jon and Tyrion were really close and he was just denied mercy for Tyrion by her. It just feels like a dumbing down of the character to me at the end. But, love conquers all.

dmenacela likes this.
  18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Guess Jon ends up like another Targaryion that didn’t want the throne. Master Aemon.

And the shot of Dany from behind with even more braids.

Overall it was lackluster but I don’t think there were many ways they could have gone that would make any of us happy. Or maybe I’m wrong.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

final episode was as cringe af.

astros123 likes this.
  20. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Ugh... awful ending to a great show. 9 years for that?.

astros123 likes this.