1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Rockets bring back Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mastan, May 14, 2019.

1. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Exactly. I think the Rockets are doing great despite a notable talent disadvantage. We just need better players. However we can manage that I'm all for.

We don't need 2 former MVP's and 4 all-stars by any means, but one more legit Top 25-30 player might put us over the top.

BigShasta and Stephen_A like this.
  2. pippsux

pippsux Member

Ariza might have added a little more fire, but I think we should move on. We need a younger 3 and D.

Ramo$e, whiskeyred and charlieaustin like this.
  3. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Ariza is very durable. Very long with 7'2 wingspan. Very tough and good leader. Him to us is like Iggy to Warriors. If we can get him back with half of the Iggy price, I will be very happy.

mastan and bj3175 like this.
  4. mastan

mastan Member

Danuel House can do neither of the 3 effectively in playoffs...still I can give benefit of doubt to the 3 point shooting but his defense is below average and not much rebounding..he can drive only if there is nobody in the paint.

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Lakers could pay Ariza one year $9.2 million.
    I prefer to make trade to get him.

6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

we get 65 wins and 3 to 4 lose to warriors. His function is good can.shpot 3

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Ariza for minimum, yes. Otherwise, let Ariza go, he has one foot outside the door of retirement. His family, heart is in LA and with Kobe.

BigShasta and Ramo$e like this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly!

9. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I like Butler but not for the price, and he’s doesn’t fit this offensive system. Butler is a good defender and is talented, no doubt, but he doesn’t shoot the 3 very well. Last year he shot 33% beyond the arc and he’s a career 34% shooter. We need shooters. I’d rather focus on a more realistic options that are less injury prone and won’t break the bank like Darius Miller and a back guard like Malcom Bagdon. Both of these guys can shoot the 3 at a good percentage. Just my two cents.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Would he be the first 3x rocket?

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Another aging player long past his prime. Hell no. He was a step slow on defense and unreliable offensively. We need a guy who is a step faster and just as long.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Great analogy that's why we struggled without him. On our team leadership is necessary. We should have kept Ariza that was on Morey bigtime

cdxiong likes this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

My point was house was the closest rox have of a wing who can score off dribble drive. Ariza simply isn’t that type of player. So rox need a star caliber wing or very skilled wing who can do all three (3, D, dribble drive). It’s simple. When the guards get in a jam there needs to be a 3rd option who stretches the D attacking the rim or from long range. Instead rockets have to start an undersized guard at the 3 since they don’t have a true 3 and Tucker just doesn’t have the scoring capability. Meanwhile draymond as bad of a shooter he is can drive the lane and lead fast breaks while being a menacing and dirty defender. That’s how they overmatch teams with the Hampton 5 lineup. The rox at least need this 3rd piece. Who, where, when is the question.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

to op...

short answer... no.

long answer... negative.

hakeem94, xaos and saleem like this.
  15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

house sucks. sign Ariza

16. jcf

jcf Member

Robert Reid?

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Lets get our second star before we worry about getting a third.

18. Stepping Razor

Agreed, love him and what he did here, but that ship has sailed. Having him on the bench in addition to a Jimmy Butler or Jamychal Green etc. would be great! Rather get an "Ariza" that is much younger.

Denovo likes this.
  19. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Lots of posts here talking about getting Ariza for the minimum - that's just nuts. Someone's going to give him decent money.