1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fire Jeff Bzdelik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 18, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

have to disagree with this point somewhat. aside from our collection of scrubs often not being able to make the wide open 3's or layups that harden serves up for them, he also gets trapped more than any other player in the league going back decades -- which leads to an open look maybe 2 or even several passes later in the possession. so even if he doesn't get actual credit for the assist he's still the guy creating everything

hakeem94 and RudyTBag like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

You know why Gerald Green isnt running iso? Because thats not good for a team. Harden with 33 assists and 22 turnovers isnt good for a team. He has CP EG and Capela. Even PJ can score sometimes. They are just not in the rhythm with one guy pounding the ball while they stand still

hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

CP3 couldn't even get past fuking jerebko. EGO dribbling is a dribble off his own foot waiting to happen. you want to put the ball in capela's hands? tucker? i'll hang up and listen to your answer

hakeem94 and RudyTBag like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Nobody in the world outside of 29 people is better? There is someone waiting on his shot thats better, no doubt. And players love him cause he does what they want, just a puppet at this point

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

If Thibs is anywhere near the Rockets organization I will stop watching. Every time we played versus his team you can hear his non stop yelling in a horrible voice over the entire stadium. He yells out every play and every possession. It drives me crazy.

hakeem94, RocketsTerps, smp and 3 others like this.
  6. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Great to hear from ya Cod, hope you are well. Agree with your points on MDA and Capela. I still believe game 1 was lost because of refs. Wish Nene was played more minutes. Hope he is back next year. Will have to see if TF is man enough to back up his claims of paying this offseason. Jury still out on that one.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Asian Sensation

Why not see what happens if CP3 takes over primary ball handling duties and let Harden play off the ball. That’s a way to actually utilize Paul and beat the trap. All I’m saying is the ball doesn’t need to be in his hands 90% of the time and it’s good to mix things up and open up the offense.

How many times have we seen Harden walk the ball up court, milk the shot clock down to 7 seconds before finally making his move which is either a step back 3, drive for a contested layup/floater, CC alley oop, or pass it to one of his “scrubs” with 2 seconds left against a set half-court defense with Iggy and Dray waiting. Not exactly setting up his teammates for success.

hakeem94, joshuaao, MiddleMan and 3 others like this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Basketball isnt 1on1 sport. Just pass the ****in ball to a partner and then move. Ego cant dribble? Then get him ball while cutting? Cp wont get past Jerebko? Then dont force those switches and let him work with Curry on the elbow. Capela cant do nothing? Set his ass down. Right now its either James 1on5 with everybody else standing or everybody running a play with James standing at half court. Playing that way in the playoffs we aint beating Bucks, Toronto, Philly or even Blazers if they get hot. Gsw is just a pipe dream at this point. Even when they will loose KD they will put 2-3 good players for his salary. I was saying that whole year, we cant and we wont win with current system and roster. People been calling me a Lin fan for that lol

hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agree w/ your points. was only clarifying that the asst/TO ratio does not help your argument b/c it doesn't tell the entire picture. harden/rockets can definitely benefit from the points you've made, especially efficiency-wise

Asian Sensation likes this.
  10. Asian Sensation

I hear you man. Just looking at different ways to see how we can maximize our talent and not make Harden have to beat them by himself.

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

WHO??? If MDA is such a bad coach, you'd think you can name SOMEBODY who's clearly a upgrade. Right?

malakas likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

basically you want to blow up the offense and sit capela (blow up the roster somewhat). i'll leave that to others here to discuss. but regarding your first line, no. nba basketball does eventually come down to 1on1. whether it's hakeem's hook over ewing in game 7, kyrie's 3 over curry in game 7, curry's 3 over tucker in game 6, etc

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

All that you posted, and not ONE coach mentioned who can replace him smh

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Who exactly do the Rockets have to trade? What picks? What young players? What expiring contracts?

It’s over man

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Agreed. It looks like "jo-erg-er" but is actually pronounced "yay-gur".

That is very interesting! :eek:

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you do not think we can sign GG to $10M and IS to $14M and then attach 4 (as worrell would say) #1 draft choices in exchange for kevin love?

hahahahaaaaaa

J Sizzle likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

In crucial possesions - yes. You deffer to your leader. Curry made those shots, but our leader who is called best 1on1 player in the league and by some in history didnt even show up

But in the course od game? Hell no. Team effort beats individual talent every single time, and there will be no team effort if guys feel useless

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

Agreed, It's not enough that the commentators are usually spewing crap having to listen to the sound pollution of Thibs yelling like a bull in heat would be hell.
    I actually have been watching some games in mute when there are the likes of Reggie commentating lately and it's not that bad. I can even pay more attention to the details.

hakeem94, RocketsTerps and RyanB like this.
  19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im not in the coaches market. I see mistakes he keep repeating... never Heard of Brad Stevens until he got the job. Ty Lue won championship... Bucks look great and i dont even know who coaches them to be honest. There is some ex player, college vet or international talent that didnt get the shot yet

LorneMalvo likes this.
  20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

So the guy that actually was good at what he does got fired while Roger's, mda and Morey still have their job, lol.

Little Bit and J.R. like this.