1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will you pay Shumpert and House if Rivers and Faried don't stay this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, May 15, 2019.

?

Will you pay them if Shumpert wants 6 million one year and House wants 3 million one year?

1. Shumpert yes, House no

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. House yes, Shumpert no

49 vote(s)
    49.0%
  3. I will let them walk for nothing.

40 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. How much will you pay Shumpert and House (max amount).?

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not a Shump fan but man I hope they re-sign him. They have his bird rights. If they let him go we lose that salary space for nothing. Sign him, hope he contributes and if not hope he is a tradeable salary for something that is useful.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Minimum deals for both or else they can walk

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Only problem with that decision is Game 6 Kerr opened his bench up to 11 guys and Mike stayed with the 6. A coach playing 6 guys sends a message to the team that he doesn't believe in them. When that happens why shouldn't the starters also adopt that same feeling that their backups are inept and underqualified to back them up. See this is what the problem is with having Trust and togetherness thru tough times on our team. You have to allow guys to struggle and fight together. This is why MDA cannot lead to a championship team because when it gets tight he doesn't believe in nobody but the Stars

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

what game were you watching? 9 players playing is not 6. why do people insist on posting fake information

sirbaihu likes this.
  5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Can the Kings sign Shumpert? Pretty sure they’ll pay him more than the minimum. He fit in well there.

6. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Awful poll setup

Newlin and Deckard like this.
  7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Far"weed" kept calling in sick even before the playoffs even started. Everyone knew Far"weed" was the weakest leg in the small ball system. Nene got a few minutes due to him having the most experience.
    The rivers injury fakes was the last straw for the coach to only play the highest paid players since the highest paid players had the most to lose.

You can't fault the decision to play six players because every game came down to four points or less.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I want rivers.

I don’t really care aboout any of the others unless it’s for the minimum.

Shump is second on my to keep list after rivers but there is a big gap between the two imo.

If we can keep rivers and flip EG for butler we’ll be a much better bigger and more well rounded team from the 1-3 position.

I like eg he better than rivers but rivers can do stuff well enough to offset EG loss with the addition of butler at true 6’7 SF with 2 way talent and he’s a star.

bj3175 and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The question is who does James Harden want

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not convinced we can keep Rivers even if we want to.

Deckard and J Sizzle like this.
  11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Shumpert is Bird, it does not count against MLE
    House is restricted non-bird.It counts against MLE.

12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I just wish we could have EG and Butler and Rivers

13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I would ask you what game you watching . Look at the minutes. a Bench player spelling the starters is not just getting in the game is playing 15 to 25 minutes. Look at the game 6 minutes and see how our guys played heavy minutes vs Golden State. The minutes load on the starters was in there favor. Real news

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

what about the minutes. 9 players played. which completely dispels your 6 man fake news. you counted 11 for GS. why does those minutes apply to them but not the rockets. makes no sense whatsoever. stop it. find something else to pick and do better

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Look at the heavy load on our Starters. There starters got a blow . You may not make a difference but just watch the fresher team tends to have their legs underneath them. If you don't think so that's fine but show mea team that has advanced that wins playing HEAVY minutes on 6 guys only and playing 3 guys token minutes?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

have you noticed toronto's rotation or the bucks. you are just talking nonsense at this point. no absolute clue what you're talking about

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Yep sure did The Bucks had 2 guys off their bench that played 27 minutes a piece the other 2 guys played 11 and 14 respectively. No Starter played above 37 minutes in a tight game. Totaling a true 9 rotation. Did we have a game where we had 9 guys that played that amount of minutes. Tell me the game cause you are confusing me

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

take a look at how many toronto guys played in game 7 vs philly. their most important game of the season thus far

and philly uses the same type of rotation the rockets do.

"true rotation" :rolleyes:put your glasses on

19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Did Toronto win or the bucks? Didn't you say to look at the game last night. Why are talking about the Philly game? Toronto wont beat the Bucks playing that rotation right. 4k vision will tell you that

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

no i didnt say look at the game last night. go do some actual research on these teams rotation. you need it before talking such nonsense