1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018/2019 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 1, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Klopp is a different coach than Pep, Pep is more meticulous, like clockwork, a human cyborg while Klopp is like Passion manifest.

Tend to Passion more. At the end the Night King lost.

2. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

That's cute. Liverpool were consistently hanging around 3-6 place for the better part of this decade until they spent big money on a world class manager and coupled that by dropping well over 100 million pounds in the transfer market and now there good.

I'll take my 2nd premier league championship in a row and 4 in the past 10 years (this last one being really sweet because it kept 97 pt. Liverpool from winning) and knowing that Liverpool will choke the Final away with another Gerard-esqe slip in midfield will be the perfect consolation prize in the Champions League this season.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

really cute that there's at least one city fan on here... multiply that by about 50 and you have the entire fan base worldwide. congrats on buying your way to the title, it's really special. it's also the reason pep may not even get a chance to compete for the CL but hey, city would know a lot about choking in the CL, right? it's essentially y'alls MO.

have fun watching Liverpool in their second straight CL final... if you're banking on a slip to cost them the trophy you're really not holding onto much, are you?

Zboy likes this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

SWTsig likes this.
  5. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

I never understood why people have issues with teams spending big money on acquiring talent? To be the best team in the world you have to pay the price for the best players. Why should spending big money on players be looked down upon if it is eventually leading to titles?

I guess my question is where does the hate lie? Is it because the owners are throwing all this money around? Or is another reason?

Professional sports is an entertainment business. If there is a sports team which sucks and is not winning anything but then gets new ownership willing to spend to revitalize their sports business why is that looked down upon? They have spent absurd amounts of capital but have the silverware to justify all the spending.

6. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

You and me both. As a City fan I would never complain about spending cash, but find it funny when other fan bases point to City like they are the only team in the world that spends big money. Couple that with what we are seeing with teams like Liverpool that until these past few seasons where they starting dropping big bucks were nowhere near sniffing trophies either domestically or in Europe.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

wait so which one is the night king?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I just said Klopp is more like Dany or a calculated hot head.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

eww pls no. can he be like tyrion or cersei?

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My problem with City and Chelsea is how they spend the money. I don't understand the point of signing all of these guys they have no intention of ever playing for them. Right now, Mix Diskerud is the property of Manchester City. He will NEVER wear a Manchester City kit (and rightly so. He's nowhere near EPL standards). Maybe I haven't paid enough attention to what other teams do...but it seems like City and Chelsea do way more of this than other teams.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was a little surprised Mix Diskerud played for the South Korean Side Ulsan.

[​IMG]

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

#853 daywalker02, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  14. leroy

I see the game playing one of 2 ways...Spurs win close game or Liverpool wins in a blowout. Liverpool's style hasn't typically boded well for Spurs. They'll stay somewhat deep defensively and absorb counters well...creating counters of their own with their speed. Spurs don't play well against teams that keep them in the middle 1/3. They don't have a midfield that moves the ball well side to side. They'll have to bunker in and try to draw the Liverpool defenders out to counter with Kane and or Son. If they can get an early goal, this might work. If Liverpool gets the lead, I feel like the game is over.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Liverpool is pretty susceptible away from Anfield. I feel they could even come back from 0-5 at their home.

It's the Final so I expect them to park the bus most of the time. Both sides.

Either one of them is going to need to score one more goal than the other.

16. leroy

[​IMG]

:p

17. Fantasma Negro

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess David Luiz feuding with Higuain was just a show, lulz.........dayum.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member