1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden for Zion - would you do it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, May 1, 2019.

1. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

I honestly don’t believe Zion will be as good as people expect. He can’t guard 1-3 NBA talent on the perimeter at this point and who knows how he progresses. He may be really good but there is a real chance he isn’t what he is hyped to be.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Man please!.......... Hell yeah

3. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Some people need to be barred from starting threads. Harden is an incredible player, easily top 3-5 players in the league. You've been listening to the media too much if you think swapping him for Zion is a good idea. Remember when Wiggins was the "next LeBron/MJ?" How'd that pan out?

fattz and s3ts like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yall need proof and his stats, killer instinct and such.

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

lol... we don't deserve a player like Harden.

also, i'm so done w/ these fake fans. if you bought your first stros hat in the past 3 years, get outta here. and i'm not even a stros fan, i'm just so fed up w/ people who have no idea what they talking about.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

People need to slow their roll on the "remember when Wiggins was the next Lebron/MJ" stuff. Wiggins was compared to Vince Carter/Rudy Gay on nbadraft.net

More specifically, those insane upside comparisons on him were before he played his 1 year at college. After his Kansas year, he was still #1, but was starting to get some competition from Jabari, and had some questioning his motor.

That said, most "comp" sites you get the top, best comp. Ben Simmons also had a Lebron comp. Brandon Ingram had a KD comp. D'Angelo Russell had a Penny Hardaway comp from nbadraft.net.

Whatever the case, hype does NOT = production, but as far as hype is concerned, and as far as a potential #1 prospect, Zion is the most hyped with the highest potential since Lebron. IMO.

7. JayZ750

Lol, what were you doing June 22, 1994?

8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Zion game is somewhere between Richard jefferson and blake Griffin just from what I have seen.

[​IMG]

#88 smoothie_king, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  9. OMGitsDanny

OMGitsDanny Member

Ask me this question 100 times and i'll say no every time.

fattz and s3ts like this.
  10. smokieethabear

So to double check your logic...

Trade a guy that's fat and out of shape :rolleyes:..

For a dude that's fatter and more out of shape???

Get out!

11. JayZ750

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

NOT jumping on the Rockets bandwagon. That was my point.

Reading over your analysis of Harden, you're here comparing Harden to Westbrook, and I really can't take you seriously once you do that.

Westbrook can't even get out of the 1st round w/ PG, a perennial all-star in his prime.

Harden is the lone all-star on this roster, MVP of the league, carrying this hobbled franchise to a WC semis, and he still did it on his back, while setting franchise and league records..... all he has is a 6MOY

And he lost against a team that has 2 former MVPs, 3 all-stars, 1 former DPOY...

Harden gets absolutely no love. i keep telling everyone, if he was in LA, he'd win MVP 3 times and the roster around him would allow him to get multiple rings. we're unbelievably lucky to have Harden, and he surely can win a chip without being a 1B.

MajorSeanBond and Jayzers_100 like this.
  13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Zion williamson is like Shaquille oneal. I'm waiting to team USA to see if Zion Williamson is looking to completely take over the game.

14. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

Never.....Harden has changed the game forever... That Guy improved every year, he add sumthing new... This City is Blessed to have him here, he stay out of trouble an gave the the NBA hell this year again... We regroup an try it a again, again, an again till We get it right.

MajorSeanBond and s3ts like this.
  15. JayZ750

Well... I was at the Summit, so I guess I was bandwagon hoping and don't know what I'm talking about, lol.

Harden is a more efficient version of Westbrook. That's why he gets to the 2nd round and WCF.

The Rockets best chance of winning a ring with him so far was when he became 1b to CP3s 1a last year.

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

CP was not a 1A last year, Harden was. You really won't convince me otherwise.

And no, Harden isn't just more efficient. Harden is smarter, he's more dedicated to the game and the sport, and is clearly a better leader on and off court. He's out here handling situations when most other MVP candidates would break under pressure.

Westbrook's MVP was a complete fluke and everyone regrets it, while Harden clearly should've won multiple by now and was robbed.

I really don't care about you being at the summit the day Rockets won a championship. The question is, are you a bandwagon fan? PLENTY of my friends are, even with decades of watching the Rockets, and they cause all kinds of ruckus during the playoffs. They don't even watch regular season games, and come criticizing Morey for the direction of the franchise. But hey guess what, the Texans suck so they come back to watch the damn playoffs. And if they win the chip, they'll attend some games and claim they're the best fans in the world.

While I can respect how long you've been a fan, I really can't give you much credit when you're out here comparing Harden to Westbrook. That's just insane.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

no. The only way I would ever consider trading Harden is if he asks out. We found him as a super-sub and now we keep him as a SuperStar for the rest of his career if we can.

s3ts likes this.
  18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I dont

19. JayZ750

This whole post is part of the problem of bias on a team-centric board, which is understandable.

Convince you or not, it's what happened. CP3 wasn't the best player on the Rockets, but he was the on the court leader and 1a. It was his leadership, defense, ball-handling and assist:turnover ratio that was leading the way. Harden was much better this year in the playoffs.

He is more efficient. Smarter, more dedicated to the game and sport and better leader? I have no clue how you're measuring this or come to any conclusion on these aspects of their game?? Kind of just sounds like random opinion...

No clue what this means...

Russ' MVP isn't regretted. None of the voters have said this...

My guess is my 9 year old is less of a bandwagon fan than you are... he probably watched most of the games this year more than you since we have league pass, he goes back and watches.

That said... this is not a line of argument I care to dig in on, honestly. I am much more of a bandwagon fan/watcher of other teams - the Sixers, the Kings were probably the next two teams I watched most, but I watched plenty of teams.

I feel pretty capable of opining on all these teams. I watch lots of nba basketball, lol. Some teams I'm bandwagon fans of. Some teams I'm not even fans of, but still feel confident opining on them.

Harden and Westbrook are comparable. I'm not sure how one would conclude otherwise? Harden has done more as the #1 guy in the playoffs and is more efficient. That doesn't make them not comparable. They both have a BIG PROBLEM, which is they've figured out a style of play that maximizes their skill-set and upside, yet unfortunately that is a style of play that has flaws when they're the #1 guy in the playoffs.

Harden was actually very very very very solid this playoffs. Yet still, even though he made "solid decisions" down the stretch of Game 5, he wasn't scoring, and then even though he was scoring down the stretch of Game 6, he turned the ball over 4 times in his final 10 minutes, including 3 times in the final 2.5 minutes...

20. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Nobody is addressing the OP post. Our second max contract player is turning 34 soon and has already lost a step and become injury prone. Teams around us are getting better. Super teams will form. Are we even the 5th best team in the league next year? If the goal is to win a championship, we’re not doing that with CP3 as a max player. We’re also not getting rid of him, since we don’t have enough picks or young talent on good contracts to convince a team to take on this max contract.

With James Harden and a max CP3 contract, we’ll have good regular season results (low draft pick) and first or second round exits. All experts agree that our window closed this year. We went all in with CP3 and failed to reach the goal, although we came pretty damn close.

If this is the case, why keep harden? If it’s not the case, why is it not the case?