1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can I ask you guys (Rox fans) an honest question?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SFbaybum, May 13, 2019.

1. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Other than trolling, why would you be in here? May I ask what the point of your question is? Are all these answers going to satisfy some deep thirst for knowledge? Why do you even have a clutchfans account, anyway?

Your team won 73 games, and decided they needed KD? They all have to superteam up. They take less money, to protect themselves so they can all be in it together. Afraid to not have a team of multiple future HOF players, handfuls of all stars, mvps, etc. Then, they are showboating as if they are accomplishing something grand. With that team, they should win 70 games every year, and annihilate everyone in the playoffs. Ah, but they can’t. The Rockets played them tough.. the Rockets should have won game 1. All the all stars and all the talent, but you guys still need the refs to bail you out?

Harden is refereed more like Shaq, dude takes a pounding and is punished for all of his drives. He does embellish at times, but he’s fouled far more often than is called. Dude got poked in both eyes by Green, not even a call? Then Green swipes at his eyes again, less than 6 minutes into game 3. You could see him on tv saying “that’s basketball” when Harden took exception. Really? Speaking of flailing and flopping and complaining, take a look in the mirror. Your team is notorious for that, so do YOU ever get tired of all that? Stay classy, GS.

bballjunkie and fckbandwagons like this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just to add. We are without a doubt the most isolation heavy team in the league, but I would bet if you asked the average fan what percentage of our plays are isolation most would guess WELL over the real number of ~20%

DFWRocket and malakas like this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

That's one of the WORST attempts at drawing a foul I've seen in my 45 years of playing, coaching and watching basketball.

Every team attempts to draw fouls. Harden is particularly good at it, because he's so damn strong and clever with the ball. I love his game because its old school, yet ageless at the same time. Harden is forced to accentuate fouls because the refs miss so damn many calls. I'm a homer, but I can't say I see him just flopping around like some other players.

I think Napalm said it earlier, we're not a fancy pancy city like SF. We want a rough neck, blue collar team that grabs their lunch pails and give 110%. That's why guys like Tucker, Beverly, Elle, Newlin, etc, are revered in Houston because they exhibit the toughness and tenacity that built this state and earned our freedom at the Battle of San Jacinto.

While I appreciate Curry's shooting skills, he's contributing to the changing of the game for the worse. Don't get me wrong, I love long-range shooting and 30ftrs when they're warranted, but his popularity has kids hurling shots from half court routinely trying to emulate Steph. If Draymud played with Tucker's attitude he would be an awesome player, but he plays like a punk who tries to deliberately hurt players. The league should put an end to that immediately. KD is a remarkable player who I really wish didn't go to GS, I think he's realized his mistake and will correct that in the off-season now that he's proven he can play as the best player on the biggest stage (twice). Thompson is a fantastic spot up shooter, but he can't carry Harden's jock for a season. I hope Portland or an Eastern Champ beat your team and their reign ends with their tainted championship last year. I can't stand the Worriers.

4. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

1) OP doesn't sound like 54 year old. I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion. A true fan at this point is too busy preparing for WCF to go to an opponent board to ask such question.

2) F*** donkey.

topfive and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I'd rather watch the Rockets iso all day than watch the Warriors, and this is coming from a guy that prefers a more San Antonio style offense.

The reason being is that the Warriors are anti-competition, they're anti-sport. The formation of the KD Warriors effectively ruined the playoffs for many years, and hurts the foundation of what competitive sports is all about. We love sport because it's an opportunity to see people overcome reasonably difficult obstacles where both failure and victory are sizeable outcomes.

Outside the 2018 series with the Rockets, you guys have little to no playoff lore in the KD era. Everything has been a straight demolition, a buzzsaw cutting through other teams. The Warriors dispose of the game's best players and teams like flies, It's been embarrassing to watch.

Remember when Lebron couldn't get 1 win against the dubs in 2018 despite pouring in 51 pts while playing a near perfect game? Remember when his team, a defending champion, could only take 1 game off of the 2017 Warriors? isn't that just f***ing pathetic? Watching some of those finals games was so sad as an NBA fan, I had never felt so disgusted by a team in my 10+ year history of following professional basketball.

You can rattle off as many Bay Area talking points about the Rockets (ya I read your beat writers regularly, you guys live in one hell of a circle jerk bubble, it's crazy), but the reality is that what the Warriors have done is much more profoundly sad for the game that anything the Rockets do is negligible.

The Rockets organization goes to war against the dubs knowing full well they are outgunned and outmatched, risking all the media backlash and public ridicule for just the tiniest chance of beating them. That's real courage. Warriors just want to win. Rockets want to achieve something, knowing full well it can end in failure, and that's admirable.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're trolling HARD not to be trolling.

topfive likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

so at 54 years of age you really thought that someone living in Houston would make them automatically like a different style of bball than someone living in California?:rolleyes:

Everyone is the same. They support their teams and many times all fans have to put up with things they would hate if it happened elsewhere, as long as their team win. Ie CP3 ugly flopping.
    If you were a REAL GSW fan who had to live through decades of ugly tanking bball and Monta Ellis chucking you should understand this but I guess you are a bandwagoner who only knows about winning with multiple All Stars and MVPs.

bballjunkie, topfive and BamBam like this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Passive aggressive douche just like Kerr.

bballjunkie and topfive like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if any Clutchfans joins a Warriors board, you should be banned for life
    @Clutch

Tfor3 and topfive like this.
  10. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Every team in the NBA does that.

11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Get the **** off my forum

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

What are Rox fans?

13. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I’m not sure that I can objectively comment on Harden because I’m a fan of his and have been since he’s been in Houston. He also wasn’t nearly as prominent when he was in Oklahoma. Hard for me to speak on him, but I honestly couldn’t stand Paul before he was a member of the Rockets and I know he surely sells contact. Guys like Gordon, Tucker and company don’t do that. I do see Thompson as a bit of a dirty player on defense and surely Green is the same way. I hate it when they lose because they were trying to sell contact to be specific. Now I take that question and flip it to you. How do you feel when Curry and friends flop around?

SFbaybum and Torn n Frayed like this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What’s up with all these sleeper accounts awaking after the Rockets lose in the playoffs?

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Say what you want about iso heavy ball. This team score north of 100 points.

Gone were the days of JVG and 70 points per game.

16. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Draymond complains does not bother me nor does Harden flopping etc. I can list you lot of players that do the same over the years. Simply said what players do does not bother me as it is part of the game. But when Refs become the deciding factor of the game's outcome and if it swings the momentum, that bothers me. I do not think it requires sending written reports etc but it needs to be addressed when required. I think Game 1 refs missed calling a lot of fouls against Harden but Refs did a splendid job rest of the series and GSW straight up beat the Rockets and even if Rockets would have won Game 1, I think they would have still lost the series. GSW just has a better offensive and defensive system and D'Antoni system has a lot of holes and its simply not a winning formula in the playoffs especially against a team like GSW who shoots better than Rockets.

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I miss the Yao/Scola/Battier/Landry/Hayes team.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Retro - Throw Back -
    Picture it .. . . Houston 1992

"You know what I hate. . .I hate ISO BALL. Houston basketball is ugly. They just dump it to Olajuwon and stand at the 3 pt line. Watching him dribble dribble dribble and back down . . .then when the help comes he throws it to the open man . . i mean . .its effective but ugly. . . I hate Iso ball . . . .. IT is uglying up the game. They taking advantage of rules like spacing and illegal defense . . . .they not playing basketball the right way . . . .No Ball movement. . . .No Motion . . . ." - Rockets 'Fans' 1992

99ers, Am I Lying?

Rocket River

tinman and topfive like this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

[​IMG]

topfive likes this.
  20. ballsohard

ballsohard Member