1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you regret the Cp3 trade now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets1897, May 11, 2019.

?

Do you wish Morey never pulled the trigger on Cp3?

1. Yes

122 vote(s)
    49.8%
  2. No

123 vote(s)
    50.2%
  1. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Whoever voted NO are in complete denial. Who cares if it did or didn't move the needle. The 5 first round picks (Lou, PatBev, Trez, Dekker and Gallinari) could have netted us Paul George/AD/Kawhi. When will people realize this?

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Pretty much this.

You HAD to roll the dice and sign CP3. He looked great before the injury in the playoffs last year.

It’s not like they had all that money to spend elsewhere.

This year was there for the taking, the team just didn’t do it.

Now you just hope they get full health and as much as they can out of Paul moving forward.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

been regretting it for a while now. Sweet Lou alone is better than Chris Paul right now.

PeterKingX likes this.
  4. jayland

jayland Member

CP3 fooled us all with his 1 great season. Just like he fooled us into switching to State Farm with his commercials.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No not at all! He's still a great player. What I do regret though is believing Tillman is remotely better than Les. He signed Paul for 4 years for an incredibly steep price. He then goes penny pinching? Can we rescind the sale?

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

I regret the D'Antoni hiring a lot more than the CP3 trade

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

before CP, Harden missed the MVP award twice.

you can argue Harden would've eventually gotten it. but there are a lot of intangibles that comes along w/ CP being on your roster. Harden has changed quite a bit since that terrible Spurs game.

also, without roster spots being open, we're not getting PJ Tucker, a childhood friend of CP. and fortunately, CP will likely work his magic to try to get more players that can bring that gritty brand of basketball here to Houston.

EDIT:
    I'm not addressing the contract situation. i will eventually regret it a lot. but i think Morey still has a few tricks up his sleeves to improve this roster even further. as long as he doesn't get infatuated like he did w/ Ryan Anderson, i think he can definitely make this team a lot better.

8. bigkstrong

bigkstrong Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#108 bigkstrong, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  9. jowman

jowman Member

Last year was a historically bad decision making by front office.

10. jowman

jowman Member

Better move would’ve been dumping all the players we traded for Paul for nothing.

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If we had a center show up against Golden State or 2 more all stars on the Rox team we're probably not asking this question

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I think people are underestimating the impact CP3 has as a coach, a floor general, and a positive influence on Harden. No I don’t regret the trade. For Lou Williams, Trez, and freaking Pat Bev? Come on man. You got 1 shot, go for it.

AB423 and HP3 like this.
  13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Chris Paul is not a bad player, Hes even a very good hofer, and even in 2 years from now could have 20-10 games, who knows. AT 33, he put up 27 in a game that counts. He did what he needed to do. Guy is 15, 8 Money. I mean Harden is your scorer. Thing is 3 years from now you will see decreasing in stats, his time is going now.

It is sad, but houston will regress even worse, Harden may show no intrest in winning games anymore, and this team could end up like the lakers this year. With Harden on the bench faking injuries fustrated. This will happen , belive me, it will just take the right arguements from coach or chris, watch...

#113 Le$$, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Best post of this week

15. riko

riko Member

Yes , considering he is now the third best player on the team and yet taking up a huge chunk of the cap for the foreseeable future and the top earner.

16. Raven

Raven Member

I regreted Ryan Anderson and Chris Paul the day those deals were announced. A GM can do everything right, but one mistake can undo years of careful work

Easy likes this.
  17. HROZ

HROZ Member

Yea

I mean maybe those players we could've made a run at Davis.

But we put up a fight vs the warriors so proud of them for that. But I fear we will be out early next few seasons. As Paula contract and play restricts our future.

18. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think Lou would be as good as he is with the Clippers. But Harrell and Bev combined would have helped us more than CP3 against the Warriors.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

ANd he'll go down as the better player than all of them.