1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Bet you could get John Wall for him. I'm not sure who else would bite.

He's here for two more years. You might be able to dump him as the Mother Of All Expiring Contracts at the deadline of his last year.

I guess you can see what a Capela/Gordon package will bring you.

2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I can't write about the Xs and Os where MDA screws up. Not something I know.

I can though point out when a team looks confused, unmotivated, listless, and otherwise mentally unprepared for an elimination game. Like the Rockets mostly did tonight and for a lot of this series. That is unquestionably on the coach and his performance there was largely unacceptable this series, and at other points this year and prior years

It's time for a change. Maybe Messina is the answer, maybe Kelvin Sampson, maybe someone else. I cant see Bzedlik getting the job.

BigShasta and amaru like this.
  3. smp

smp Member

None of those coaches would put up with Morey. They would tell him to stick his computer up his ass.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Maybe Tilman will step in and hire his own coach.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's exactly what we need too. A smart basketball mind that isn't married to moreyball and just wants to win games.

6. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I just dont see the point if theres no better, realistic alternative. Interested in options though.

AroundTheWorld and dachuda86 like this.
  7. clyde

clyde Member

+1

Rock Block likes this.
  8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Just. Wake up this morning...is he fired yet?

9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

so...this guy fired yet? I need to know so i can start watching the rockets again next season. If not, same crap going to be over and over again.

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

LOL.

Let's put this knee jerk reaction into perspective

- Before D'Antoni came along, the Rockets only made it out of the first round 2X in 20 YEARS!!!
    - He's done that AND more since he's been here
    - D"Antoni's record is 173-73 so far with the Rox; A 70% WINNING PERCENTAGE
    That's OUTSTANDING for ANY coach in the league
    - He turned James into a Superstar and MVP
    - His system helped the Rockets set franchise AND league records
    - Led our team to the BEST RECORD IN THE NBA last year (yes, even better than GSW)
    (He wasn't responsible for the Melo experiment and terrible start this year)
    - Named Coach of the Year last year
    - ONLY TEAM in the NBA to take a playoff lead against GSW during Durant era (3-2 last year before CP went down)
    - ONLY TEAM in the NBA to take GSW to 7 games during Durant era
    - ONLY TEAM in NBA to tie series with GSW during Durant era (this year)
    - Arguably had G1 rigged by referees this year to dampen our start

But BOY, you go toe to toe with the best team ever assembled and don't quite take them down
    and fans want your head in a basket.
    If ALL teams fired their coaches for not getting as far as GSW then there would be 'hiring' signs all over the league

[​IMG]

#130 Remlap, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Tfor3, Rock Block, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Some unknown out there is apparently going to solve all the issues.

Can I add @amaru says melo over mda any day

That’s the quality level of takes were forced to see around here

Rock Block likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3, jordnnnn, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Damn straight. I'm sure even Melo could make obvious coaching adjustments that Mike missed.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yep. I mean D'Antoni/ Harden versus 4 All Starts future hall of famers ( two of which might be the best shooters that ever played in the NBA), you get what you get. Fans expecting a miracle outcome rarely happens in cases like this

fckbandwagons and Remlap like this.
  15. dwhite

dwhite Member

Don’t be so cruel.....you don’t only lose one job by firing MDA, you also lose Shumpert and his bird rights. He is the only coach who would give playing time to this scrub. Shump would likely follow him to his next job. We would be stuck with Faried, as any other coach would likely play the double double machine.

amaru likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

Yep Shumpert would lose all that 4th quarter playing time he got in Game 6 when Curry was going supernova on us lol.

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Coach Mda is good enough to get us to the dance. But we are not losing because of x and o's we are loosing because he has not addreSSED THE LEADERSHIP,DISCIPLINE AND ACCOUNTABILITY ON THIS TEAM. The Team we had ended this season would play a lot better if we started camp with the team and that's on Daryl. You can't put a team together on the fly and takedown the Warriors or any other contender. USA basketball tried that and they got trounced by inferior competition. We need out team ready to go by October so it can gel and also where rolls can be established and a consistent foundation built.

fckbandwagons and Remlap like this.
  18. Remlap

Remlap Member

Absolutely. And basically the team that beat us 'without Durant' is still basically
    the SAME TEAM that won a record 73 games just a few years ago.
    It's not like Durant was their only weapon and they don't know what to do without him.

Over the past 2 years, we've given them the best run for the money so far. Blow for blow.
    This series this year was less than 10 pt point differential throughout 6 games
    And just because we come up short, heads should roll?

fckbandwagons and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

unfortunately, someone has to take the fall. I mean we have people like @amaru talking about melo over mda would just be awesome. A guy who still couldn't adjust himself, yet is believed to be able to make adjustments for others. LMAO. oh cf's never ceases to make me laugh

Remlap likes this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

At least Melo didn't cost us a winnable series lol.