1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

mi compadre!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gram!, May 9, 2001.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

DaWg ThAt'S tHe TrUtH. NaJeRa Or LaNgHi? WhO CaREs. I AinT No HAteR, bUt bOTH aRe SCrubs.

P.s. My SlAng Ain'T ThAT GreAT so GivE mE sOme TiME.

MuCh LoVE YAll

------------------

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited May 10, 2001).]

2. Live

Live Member

Well heck, I just don't see what's so gosh darn funny about crucifying the Queen's English!

GEESH!

------------------

3. Band Geek Mobster

Okay for everyone that says Langhi has no future and will never amount to anything for the Rockets.

If he's so below average, why is it I hear Rudy and fellow teammates talk about how bright his future is with the Rockets?

I tend to think the people that actually see Langhi play day in and day out might know what they're talking about...

------------------
    All work and no play makes Band Geek Mobster a dull boy. All work and no play makes Band Geek Mobster a dull boy. All work and no play makes Band Geek Mobster a dull boy. All work and no play makes Band Geek Mobster a dull boy.

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

so gram, you're all over Najera because he's Hispanic ?

OU sucks.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I love how the "OU sucks" banter comes up every time Najera is discussed.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

6. Hydra

Hydra Member

If the Rockets want a guy like Najera, they need look no further than there own bench. Rogers is twice the player that Najera is and is already on the team, or they could have held onto Pig Miller, the hustling rebounding machine.

------------------
    You can't stick a porcupine in a barn, light it on fire, and expect to get licorice.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

There is a reason he rarely gets off the bench you know.

------------------
    burp

8. gram!

gram! Member

hahahah! ok, ok, wew! i didn't know langhi had family in h-town! look, everyone talks about langhi's sweetshot, but he rarely shows it. all i am sayin' is that the rocks sorely need a real knuckelhead to attack the boards like his life depends on it. but, hey, we shall see. regardless of whether ou sucks, it was nice to see a scrapper. 'sides, i gotta give props to my peeps!!

------------------

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LANGHI ROCKS!

------------------

10. davo

davo Contributing Member

You're darn right its a joke - Maloney and Drew are both proven NBA commodoties and have had success at the highest level. Langhi has done.....nothing. If Langhi has a career as good as Maloney's, I will be shocked.

------------------
    ..as a man danced so the drums were beaten for him.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

11. JDuBb

JDuBb Member

Yo..One thing...DAN LANGHI SUCKS!!!Peace..
    They both SUCK,we should be talking about signing Webber or resigning some FA's,but we'll talking about some players that are 12th men coming off the bench.Cmon ya.Peace!

------------------
    -JDuBb...One

12. PurvisShort

PurvisShort Member

how can Langhi be compred to Nowitzki except theyre tall white dudes? Nowitzki is a bonafide star which Langhi has yet to break the rotation on a "rebuilding" team (not that we are).

and the comment of Langhi possibly better than Nowitzki one day, i seriously seriuosly doubt it, but i would sure like to be proven wrong! =) i might be better than Nowitzki someday, but i seriously doubt that too.

------------------
    purvis was never short.

13. JDuBb

JDuBb Member

How can you compare Dan Langhi to Dirk Nowitzki?!?Dirk is already an All Star this year,but he was screwed because he didn't get in.He helped Dallas beat Utah.Dan Langhi will NEVER do that.Mark my words.Dan Langhi might become a great role player,but never a all-star.Langhi barely gets to play and besides he haven't showed me nothing yet(hopefully).Maybe he will prove me worng someday.But as of right now,he doesn't deserved to be compared to Nowitzki.Him and Najara is a fair comparison.Peace!

------------------
    -JDuBb...One

14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I guess these are the people predicting Najera to make the All-Star game when he had a big preseason. Give me a break! So because Najera had a better team around him and made it deeper in the NCAA Tournament then Langhi he's better? Charles Barkley's Auburn team didn't make it far, guess he should have been drafted! Who would you rather have had, Francis or Brand? Well Brand's team did go further! Shaq's LSU team didn't do anything, and Laettner's team won the national title, Orlando made a HUGE mistake drafting Shaq! Najera is a 12th man. He and Langhi haven't proven anything. Najera doesn't fit our team, Langhi doesn't fit Dallas' team. To heap praise on Langhi for playing some good garbage minutes is insane! And I'm not going to compare Langhi to Nowitzki, but Dirk wasn't always that good. In fact he was only decent his rookie year. And you guys saying that Langhi will never been anything, I'm glad you guys don't run the team because players who struggled their first year but became quality players, like Rashard Lewis, and Derek Fisher, Wesley Person, among other would have never seen the light of day. Give the players a year or two to get into NBA shape and see what they do. For every Shaq, or Jason Kidd, or Allen Iverson, there is a Gary Payton, or Scottie Pippen, or Cuttino Mobley, or Michael Dickerson or Michael Finley, a player who takes time to develop, but eventually have fine careers. Langhi may flop, but he could also flourish. Give him time.

------------------
    See the three, be the three.

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited May 11, 2001).]

15. Peakin' Tacoz

Peakin' Tacoz Member

I havn't seen Langhi or Najera play, so I can't comment. Just want post.

(But personally, I think since we're stuck with thunder dan, we might as well give him a chance... that's my 2 cents worth)

------------------
    dude.. I'm peakin' tacoz!