1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My source: Rockets to Fire MDA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, May 11, 2019.

1. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

This is the same old pattern with MDA. Regular season success then out coached in the playoffs. When I say out coached I am actually being very nice because he is basically just a cheer leader and not a coach.

I said this when we hired D'Antoni - he is fools gold. Harden needs a real coach. Could we hire someone from the Spurs or Warriors staff?

This season is not all D'Antoni's fault but he gets the majority of the blame. He didn't make enough adjustments. Telling your team to play harder is only part of the job.

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Mutiple sauces like the wine-o working at chik-fil-a

BigShasta likes this.
  3. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Wouldn't surprise me if they go after Tyrone Lue and trade for Lebron. Lebron expressed interest in the Rockets this last off-season and even looked around for schools, but life after basketball was his definitive choice for going to the Lakers (look at all his Executive Produced Shows). However, things have changed in the wake of Lakers' brass (Magic stepping down, Davis trade/no trade, Tyrone Lue being disrespected, etc.). So not out of realm of possibilities.

I spoke with some people I know and they aren't saying anything which is fishy because they always have something to say. This tells me something is about to go down. Not sure of what, though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. blackistan

blackistan Member

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

E5D210C5-7B3A-42D8-ADA2-82C98B79BC7A.jpeg
    He is no one

hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Messina the Messiah

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rockets are not playing his system.

His system is to run the ball up and take the first good look.

This is Morey and Hardens system.

DD

8. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Huh!

• Ne Ne on Curry in a critical game at critical minutes (see game 2)
    • Not settling your players down turnover after turnover after turnover.
    • Getting out rebound in critical minutes when the tallest person you have on the floor is PJ Tucker.
    • Taking players out of the game when they are on fire (see Game 2 when Austin Rivers brought us back from the dead. Also see Game 6 when he sat Chris Paul down when he was on fire.)
    • Not playing Faried at all...WTF was that all about? Who the hell cares if you don't like him or whatever the cause. You were getting your ass handed to you on the offensive glass, put him in. What will it hurt?
    • Not making the proper adjustments
    • Capella literally looked like a chicken with his head cut off for most of the series, but obvious in Game 6 yet he stays in. WTF was that all about?
    • Depending way to much on Shumpert <---- I still LOL at this!
    • Missed 27 straight threes and you never thought to change your strategy for one moment to put a critical game away???
    • Did you see Game 5 or Game 6 this year??

Yet you say MDA is still the best coach out there? I could probably add more to this list.

9. mastan

mastan Member

Mark Jackson who built the GS team...

10. houseofglass21

If we fire him we definitely won’t win a championship next year with a first year coach. It happens but rarely.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. King901

King901 Member

Is your source the random Instagram post?

malakas likes this.
  12. jayland

jayland Member

It happened twice pretty recently with Kerr and Ty Lue.

hakeem94, SkareKrow and lw17 like this.
  13. MC31B

MC31B Member

Exactly. No way the Rocket's think Frank Vogel or whoever is going to be better than him. Plus as cheap as tillman is I doubt they would do that unless if someone like Brad Stevens were to become available. Mike only has one year left on his contract so It would be stupid to fire him unless the right name was interested. And being that the Rocket's are 3 years away from a full rebuild since they have no picks from the past few years. That name is not going to want to come here.

14. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

The Lakers are a $hit show right now. I also think the Lakers are at a crossroads, and it's not clear which way they'll go. The young guns with the Lakers don't trust LeBron at all after being thrown under the bus all season when things went south, and also after the failed AD trade (which LBJ was trying to drive) that would have shipped most of them out of town. I think this may mean that LeBron goes or a number of the young guys go. I think their current state of disarray won't help them attract free agents either. The Clippers have a lot of cap room, and a more stable base with Doc Rivers and a playoff team.

If LeBron stays, AND they fail to land a top 6 free agent, (Durant, Kawhi, Irving, Butler, Kemba, Klay, etc), the Lakers mighta accept a CP3 getting traded into their huge cap space. CP3 and LeBron are the same age, and have the same contract length. We'd get younger and have more depth, and the flexibility to trade incoming players. They would look like the Rockets with an aging Barkley and Hakeem ;-)

If Lebron goes, a Gordon + Capela trade (with Picks) for LeBron allegedly works on the ESPN trade machine, (see trade #2) in the following article. I'm sure Cleveland would offer LA about anything they want to have LeBron James come home and complete the Cavalier Trilogy.

https://preview.msn.com/en-us/sport...-trades-according-to-trade-machine/ar-AABblEt

Crazy talk I know, but why not have some fun speculating? cyberx or codman can always set us straight later!

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Missed out on Mike B. First when he was with the Spurs (and apparently didn't want to interview?) and now a year too late with ATL/Milwaukee.

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I have free sources if anybody wants them.

17. BigBum

BigBum Member

I heard that this is MDA final year. He retires in June 2020.

18. malakas

malakas Member

One week has passed and if it was going to happen it would have happened.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

It's over if the IT guy invited him to lunch.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

Tilman does not want MDA after June 2020. Tilman is not giving MDA extension. He wants Gordon extension.

I guess If those 10-million coaches (around 10M) quits the job, MDA will be fired.
    10 million coaches in the west
    Spurs
    Mavs (new contract)
    Clippers
    Warriors

MDA is only making 4 million a year, far from 10 million.

#60 BigBum, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019