1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should support James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 11, 2019.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yea he is choker but our choker and as long as he has red blood in him i will forgive him his shortcomings and support him like a legend he is

2. smp

smp Member

This. He isn’t a closer. When you need a big shot in a crucial moment he will shrink rather than rise. It’s very frustrating but true.

That doesn’t mean we have to trade him. We just have to understand his limitations and stop expecting him to be something he’s not.

I know I’m done expecting him to show up in the 4th quarter of an elimination game.

He’s a great player but he’s not a GOAT player. He’s in the tier below. We have only had one GOAT player.

Richie_Rich and YOLO like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Cause he probably doesnt... he cares bout mvps and getting his numbers and after that he can and will say he did his part

PeterKingX likes this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He should support himself and make free throws in the playoffs.

PeterKingX likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah and I get it, not all players are capable of being that. that's just the nature of the game. there just comes a time where you just have to accept who harden is. we're just at that point. it just leaves a ton of tough questions on what to do now based on this, as far as the state of rockets basketball from this point

#25 YOLO, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    smp likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

People were talking about James making a leap over some all time greats for what he’s done in the regular season. But when it counts in the playoffs?

[​IMG]

smp and PeterKingX like this.
  7. smp

smp Member

We can put those comparisons to bed. Harden is not clutch like the all time greats.

8. Stepping Razor

I'll always support him but he needs to stop being such a ball stopping player. They need to have an offense that is not so predictable. Have Harden run around more and come off of screens in order to score off assists. The philosophy needs to change with the Rockets.Load up on REAL 3 pt shooters whether through draft or trades. Mix in some shooters who have a mid range game or at least incorporate mid-range in the system. Get LONG players. I'm tired of us having undersized players all of the time. Find a way to get a legit 7 ft center and a 6'11" PF that can occasionally hit the mid-range or 3s. And lastly swing for the fences and make whatever trade is possible for a legit all-star player or two that are in their primes even if that means letting go of Capella, CP3, Green, Tucker or Nene. Go for AD, KD, Lebron, Kemba, Klay etc. Stop tip-toeing the luxury tax and cap and spend some damn money. Harden isn't going to play at this level forever. It's been 25 years since our last title/since we've been to the Finals. I'm tired of this team coming up short! I know not everything I mentioned can happen overnight and that their are constraints but build a damn championship team Morey and Tillman. No more moral victories and rahrah statements. I doubt we'll ever have a better opportunity to win it all than then we did this season. The Warriors series was gift wrapped and of course we couldn't step on their necks! Screw analytics and Moreyball, get some damn TALENTED and ATHLETIC players who can freaking ball! Open up the rotation or get a coach who will. It was a shame that Faried, Nene, House or Clark barely stepped on the court this series. /rant

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's his deceleration moves, it works but he forgets to accelerate in those important moments.

People were thinking because Houston beat the Jazz easily, it wasn't easy, the Jazz just started playing in their 3rd game.