1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/10/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2019.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

This stats mean nothing

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

no righting the ship this time. we take the ship and turn it into a submarine.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Choke job, Rockets didn't want any part of this. Harden missing this free throws was really a choke job in itself and I knew we were in trouble, but we lost on defense. The physicality, boxing out, letting Klay get off when he was the ONLY shooter in the game, just pathetic. CP3 had a nice little game there, but both him and Harden got caught up in some dumb fouls, forcing tough shots and lazy passing. Not once aside from the end of the third, did we get the crowd into it and saw some fire. We were not ready, not that drive to punch them in the mouth in the first quarter, played soft as a team on mainly defense. JVG and Mark called them out too.

I don't give a **** about stats, Rockets lost because the Warriors wanted it more. Plain and simple. Also what was up at the end, losing the ball and just not focused. The stretch where Green was in the game was also very indicative of this team: 3 on 1 fast break, Green doesn't even force the defender to make a move and gives it to Tucker who was out by the 3pt line though he maybe wanted to get the lay-up and we ended up with a fade away floater by Green. He may have scored two threes, but on defense he lost his man.

Harden was also god awful on defense and what was up with Rivers, my god. Gordon did a solid job alongside Tucker and Nene was the man again. Capela soft AF. Nobody boxed out for most of the game and again I saw Tucker working his tail off. I'd hate to be on this team if I were Tucker and hope he called those guys out in the locker room. When you have to work twice as hard on defense, he was all the way out on shooters and while Harden and company ball watched, Tucker was trying to get the rebound even.

That missed shot by Curry forced by Tuck and Nene, only for it to end up in Looney's hands was also very indicative of this team. Harden was positioned outside, so would never have had the rebounding position and he was just standing there with his hands down waiting. Those are inexcusable. I'm done with Harden, CP3 came to play I guess for one game, but both those guys are not great when it comes to taking care of business.

For all the complaints about Curry, he came through for them. Harden played a good game, Curry sucked the 1st half, but when it matters the most, Harden fails. Curry had 0 points and was in foul trouble, yet we still did not exploit that and took it to them. You know the Warriors at home would've gotten a 15+ point lead on us. Sure, Curry has the luxury of his teammates, but the Rockets role players did enough for us win this so please don't come with the excuses.

There was just no sense of urgency in a do-or-die game and of course in the press conference it's all good, made some mistakes and we know what we need to do right Harden? Get out of here, he will always be a great regular season player and nothing more. I mean, if this season's version of Harden cannot get it done in the play-offs then he never will. I do give some credit to MDA, he gave Nene some extended minutes, pulled Shump when he was stinking it up and gave Green a go which almost paid off if he wasn't so stupid at playing basketball.

Well done Rockets, you proved why we feared this game and hope everyone aside from Tucker and Nene and maybe Gordon get blasted for their play-off performance. MDA also needs to be put on blast, he's just not a championship coach and probably didn't inspire our guys at all to get up for this game nor game 5 when KD went out.

#2863 JW86, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    joshuaao, bwax01, saleem and 9 others like this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Cant agree more on this.

In elimination game, our players looked lazy and day dreaming out there.

saleem, SWTsig, RyanB and 1 other person like this.
  5. igotwhipscollectingdust

The more I think about this the more angry I get. This is such an embarrassing loss. A lot of the team’s problems last night were self-inflicted.. These guys just aren’t winners.

joshuaao, bwax01, PeterKingX and 6 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The ironic thing is Harden scoring 30 is not enough to secure a win, he has to average a 40 pt triple dubs to give the team a chance to win.

He had 3 games of less than 6 assists, teammates are not getting it going and he had high TOs again.

7. gogispade

gogispade Member

Choke! **** you for dissapointing me every singel may for 4 straight years! Do not ever cry about not having CP in game 6,7 last year... they have destroyed us w/o there best player!

PeterKingX, daywalker02 and Sajan like this.
  8. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

PJ tucker got my respect and this dude is a fighter. This guy gave everything he had in this series. Mad Respect.

HP3, saleem, travfrancis and 6 others like this.
  9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

'Holic, of course. But I wonder if Capela is still feeling the effects from whatever viruses he picked up in that Utah series? And that our idiotic management exacerbated by having him keep playing at 6200 feet.

Only explanation I can think of. Otherwise...jeez, 10-ply isn't soft enough to describe his play. Durant thinks Capela's soft.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lost respect for this team, some of the players and definitely MDA. Just don't have any respect for losers.

saleem and PeterKingX like this.
  11. Voltik

Voltik Member

I logged out of clutchfans last night. It was very disappointing on not only losing but just the way they lost. It was similar just not to the extent of Game 6 of the Spurs series. I can tolerate losing to a certain extent, but what the players and coaches showed at end of Game 5 and all of Game 6 is absolutely ridiculous and dissapointing. I am so embedded in the Rockets culture for over 25 years, losing this way takes something away.

The only guy that gets a pass from me is Tucker. He played his heart out each and every game. Harden is infuriating to watch when he lets opponents rebound with contesting or the free drivebys. He didn’t have the heart and none of the other players did either. Paul was back this game but too late buddy.

For those of you saying we just don’t have enough talent, you don’t need to match talent. We had enough talent these past 2 years, but what we were missing this year was heart. You can’t lose at home in Game 6 with key players being available, and their best player not playing, along with their bench giving their all.

I have never been dissapointed in Rockets loss, than this game and maybe Game 6 of Spurs. Last year there were legitimate excuses. This year there was none at all.

Little Bit, HP3, bwax01 and 10 others like this.
  12. Mr. Space City

It’s still very surreal waking up the next morning after.

Can’t believe they lost, and at home at that. Would’ve maybe felt a little better if they at least lost in Game 7 is Oracle. But at Home? Like THAT?

Man this is going to sting for a long time.

Basically ruined the playoffs for me. Now I have no desire to watch the rest of the playoffs.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lol.. man Houston basketball disappoints once again.

It's just lack of effort that caused us to lose. I remember one play that Harden was ball watching and Klay dashed to the other line and hit a three.

saleem and PeterKingX like this.
  14. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Again, can we please stop blaming Harden? Plain & simple, this loss is on Gerald Green’s stupidity. Had an opportunity to put it away, Green decided to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Love the guy, but not in the Playoffs.

Hmc415 likes this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

To my fellow Clutchfans: today we have the same lives we had before last night, most of us have the same amount of money we had before (some bet), we have the same possessions, the same jobs, the same family, the same friends, the same view from our houses, the same toys, etc. The Rocket's loss may have upset us, but our lives go on. It a few days we will be talking about how good the Astros are and how screwed up the Texans are. The rain is stopping, the sun will be coming out and we can all start griping about the humidity.

BigShasta and saleem like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Clint Capelas b**** ass should be on the first plane out of town forever. Another Kelvin Cato except Cato actually rebounded and defended like a big man. Capela is a soft ass phony. Should have let him walk and replaced him with BroLo or Nerlens. Thanks to the CP contract and b**** ass Capela this team is stuck in purgatory.

PeterKingX likes this.
  17. YaoMingsSoulja

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Bullshit. River's Clippers has never beat Kerr in playoff.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nobody’s blaming him for losing the series.

Nobody should be praising him for losing the series, either. He’s not a rookie. He’s 29. Window closing.

saleem likes this.
  20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Paul and Harden got extended too much, too early, they didn't have much left late in the game. On the other end, Warriors played 11(?) deep, got fresh legs in the key moment.