1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Never Trust James Harden again. It's too painful.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 10, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

We can’t get any stars to come here with no money and trash assets. Harden should demand a trade to a place where can team up with 1 or 2 other superstars so he can get a ring. U need a Big 3 in order to win a title, and he won’t get 1 here. CF hates him anyways, so I’m sure he won’t be missed. Go ahead and get up outta here Harden so u can get you a title before it’s too late. Don’t stay here carrying role players for 82 games a year so u can lose to the Warriors because they have multiple stars and u have aging CP3, inconsistent EG, and trash ass Capela who u have to create everything for. We can start this rebuild and hope we get a player that even comes close to how good he is.

smp likes this.
  2. smp

smp Member

We definitley see it differently. Im pretty sure most see it like me though. Especially people outside of Houston.

Harden choked when it mattered. Curry came through. He is the hero. He gets the accolades. Nobody gives a damn what you did in the first half. It's only about stepping up when the game is on the line at the end of the 4th quarter.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Curry this series showed me it’s not about if you’re the main problem, but if you’re the main solution.

Curry’s 4th quarters in G5 and G6 were iconic, and he played that way because he knew his team needed him. Harden chose not to. Harden was, again, passive. He needed to put the team on his back. He didn’t. That may sound a little too “hot take-ish” but I really believe that. It’s his team. He’s lost to this Warriors team countless times now. I want to see him truly want it. Not just hope it happens.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I have 0% interest in trading him. Like 0.00000000000000000000% interest.

But I do wonder what we could get for him.

WarEagleRockets and smp like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're right there...

But Curry's guys all hit big shots.

Iguodala had a better shooting night than Eric Gordon...think about that...I said it in the thread, stop leaving Iggy open, he's a champion and will make big shots...but there he was...having a 3 point shooting night that our 3 point shooters failed to have.

All of Curry's guys hit shots. Outside of CP3 and Harden no one came to help those guys tonight. Team folded. MDA sat there and watched the team fold. Maybe it's a leadership thing, I certainly think it is. I was saying all during the lead up to this game that hte Warriors were hyping themselves up to win this one single game and Rockets IMO approached this game as if they knew they had to win two games, as if game 7 was there in the bag...they never went to go get it.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

teams will be lining up in order to acquire the “choker”...Harden should demand a trade to NY if they get the #1 pick, they’d give it up without hesitation...CF can fawn over Zion as we hope he reaches anything close to Harden level

Mr Chuck Norris and smp like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You could get Anthony Davis for him easy I bet...but does Davis resign here? Doubt it.

You can probably get a few first round picks from some of these bad teams.

I think you could get a top 3 pick for him this draft. Suns and Knicks could bite. Suns because they may get tired of drafting high draft picks and can pair Harden along with booker and Ayton and Harden is an Arizona guy. Knicks would do it if they knew it would help them land Durant and if you are Durant you want to go to the Knicks with another superstar.

I think you could get a lot for him, he's going to be 30 next year and his play style probably means he'll be in his prime for a good four more years or so.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Current non-relevant teams will line up to aquire Harden because at the very least they will become relevant again. But I doubt current good teams that have their key star players in place would want Harden because a player like Harden means you have to completely change your offensive style as Harden is pigon-holed into a very narrow skillset(iso dribble). He literally can't do anything else.

9. Mr. Space City

exactly, just like harden in the jazz series. HORRIBLE in the first half but made the winning plays in the 2nd half.

It’s not about how you start but how you finish.

Doesn’t matter, the documentaries 15-20 years from now will show curry hitting absurd 3’s in the 4th.

smp likes this.
  10. Handles

Handles Member

It’s a great way to look at it. Curry honestly didn’t have a great series. But he had superstar moments. He put the team on his back when it mattered.

Being totally objective though, Curry has the luxury of playing with KD and Klay, both of whom are better than any rocket not named Harden. Harden has to carry at every moment to have a chance. Curry only needs to carry when it matters most because he has other stars to fall back on when he’s lapsing.

Rockets just can’t win it all in this NBA environment unless we get more star power. With our contract situation I just can’t see how that happens. I don’t see capela developing much more than he is already. Paul will only get worse. Gordon will get worse. It’s a sad realization. We need a super quick rebuild around Harden but I just don’t see how Morey can swing it.

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. smp

smp Member

We will probably never get another Harden level player. I seriously doubt Zion reaches that level. We just need a better coach, a better system, and 2 legitimate all stars to help him close out games. He isnt a super hero closer like we all want him to be. That doesn't mean we should trade him. I just don't see a way we are going to get 2 all stars. If the NBA model doesn't change, he isnt getting a ring in Houston. It sucks man.

Lawlruschang and Reeko like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, which is why I would have no problem if he demanded a trade

I admire his loyalty, but loyalty is cool and all until u retire with zero rings...by the time that albatross CP3 deal is done, Harden’s prime will be just about done

Our only shot at another star is a highly unlikely Jimmy Butler opt-in and trade, and even then, you’d still need another star to get that Big 3. Why even stay?

13. smp

smp Member

Yep. First they will show KD go down. Then they show Curry struggling at the start of game 6. Throwing up bricks. Fingers taped up and hurting. Chewing on his mouthpiece. Then cut to the 4th quarter. Starts heating up. Houston looks panicked. Curry starts draining buckets. Leads his team to victory. Hardens head down, demoralized. Curry goes on to win the West. Then the finals. Yay!! Lol

That first half just shows how he never gives up and comes through when it matters.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  14. Mr Chuck Norris

Harden is the only player in the league who can average 35 and 8 on the best team in the league score 12 points in the final 8:00 of an elimination game and be called a choker.

Reeko and Lawlruschang like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People forget that Lebron was a choker for a while too and he was also blamed for being passive. Some guys just aren't closers. Could be this is what Harden is but it doesn't make him any less of a player.

I saw someone else say he's going to be the Karl Malone of this era and it feels like it. All time great stats...just can't get over the hump.

smp likes this.
  16. Mr Chuck Norris

It’s craxy how people aren’t mentioning Klay Thompson’s first half either

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Why should they. He stepped up when the game was on the line. He’s moving on while the rockets are going to Cancun. What’s there to talk about

18. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

19. smp

smp Member

It does feel like that. Stockton, Malone, Barkely, Ewing, Payton all had to go through either the Rockets or Bulls. At least the league was a little more equal back then though.

I'm still shocked GS lost 2 starting all stars and still had 3 more plus a better bench than us. It's so unfair. Who can compete with that? The league is broken.

20. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

People who think like that are idiots. The fact that people think like that is the reason why the league gifts games and series to the Warriors.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.