1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I love James Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigM, May 10, 2019.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Because he deserves this thread. I’m ****ing tired of the hate. I’m not absolving him of blame. He should get the most blame because he’s the best player.

However...
    He was the best individual player in this series but it takes big shots and big plays from lots of people to win a championship. We as Rockets fans should all be well aware of that. Kenny Smith. Robert Horry. Mad max. Mario Elie. Dream was always constant but the big moments are spread amongst a plethora of people. We couldn’t get that shot to fall and couldn’t get the stop when we needed it. That’s not because Harden is a choker and sucks. That’s just bullshit. He takes this team as far as one person can. You think you can replace him with someone else and be better? Absolutely ridiculous.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

I will say this. We lost ... more because the coaching, the philosophy and no show of Clint. He shares blame, but he isn't at the level that he can just do it all by himself.

3. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Agreed. I wish more people could see this. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy get bashed the way he does.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are at a conundrum.

Bball is a team sport but James Harden is a dominating individual who can be slowed down.

It's not the hate.....he would literally win nothing if his team isn't good enough, and he isn't good enough in the clutch too.

Folks are frustrated now. Give them time.

And I do think the NBA is gradually maneuvering themselves towards a more Euro style basketball.

Watch the Bucks, they play well without Giannis. See Warriors ball movement.

BigM likes this.
  5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I agree... Harden is a debonair superstar who has the unfortunate job of looking at the bench and seeing that he's playing with an aging CP3, and a ragtag bunch of G-League MVPs.

RichieBanks, GotGame15, BigM and 4 others like this.
  6. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Nobody is at the level where they can do it by them self. Unfortunately that’s where the nba is at. I’ll keep on riding with this guy.

LUK3 and BigM like this.
  7. mastan

mastan Member

5 missed free throws in such a crucial game is unpardonable.........

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

KD maybe.

9. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

He really is the best real life heel in the game. Dude doesn't show up at all for big games, flops around for 82 games, and builds the storyline back up every year to fool people in to thinking he will deliver.

He trolls every one of his followers with his platitudes about winning and they can't wait for more. It's brilliant.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Harden is a lovable loser but only if you are a Houston fan. Otherwise, the rest of the league's fans hate him and will pile it on.

I still support him. But, he's still only considered clutch in the regular season. This game did not help him and his reputation.

Homey the Clown likes this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The team as a whole wasn't good enough. Our wing players are waaay too small. Our interior players didn't play with passion. And our coach doesn't make in-game adjustments that make a difference.

Patience and BigM like this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

But we didn't lose this game because of James Harden. I just don’t see that.

Patience and bobloblaw like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Other teams fans hate all of the best players because their crap teams get crapped on during the regular season.

Everyone loved those Yao-Tmac rockets and the Lowry, Dragic rockets. Other team fans LOVED those guys.

f em. Let's hope Morey pulls his magic and clown on their crap teams next year.

Patience likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

With the exception of Lebron’s Cavs sneaking in a championship, no team has done better against the Warriors than the Rockets and James Harden have. It’s not even close. And yet somehow he’s a shitty miserable failure and our team is a broken bunch of chokers. I’m disappointed that we blew another opportunity to take these guys out but we haven’t been shameful. Who am I supposed to wish that we had on this team that’s somehow done better than us? I don’t get it.

JayGoogle, jordnnnn and Patience like this.
  15. HstnSprtsFan101

Great player. Just not good enough to beat two of the greatest shooters of all time. Simple as that. Tough to swallow. Poured my heart into this team as everyone did. Sucks

xaos and BigM like this.
  16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Nah man. KD couldn’t do it with Westbrook. He left to play with them.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wesbrick is freaking destroyer that hinders anyone on his team to achieve better.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed, but they won’t understand this...it’s let’s blame Harden 100% for everything and ridicule him

Harden should just move on and go somewhere else...so many hate him, can’t stand him, are tired of him, etc on here

let’s see how they handle a rebuild

BigM likes this.
  19. pli777

pli777 Member

Harden has improved a lot this year in the post season, but still not super star calibre, not fitting to his production and impact he has in the regular season.

Again, with him as the core, I find it hard to root for him, he normally gives me enough to get over those humps but boy is it trying. I still like him, he's a work horse, he doesn't seem to give up on the team (not what he says off the court anyway) but I said before game 5 and most of my friends crucified me. They wouldn't win.

They really need an athletic wing in the near all star calibre to get it going. CP3, together with the style of play cost this team. ISO and 3 balls ain't gonna win ****, the off the ball Harden when he first joined Houston was more of a super star than what I see today, and that's saying a lot.

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Four missed free throws in the 4th of a Finals is more unpardonable.