1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

tyrion is claudius

cersei's picard with the iron bank doing the hoodwinking

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guarantee you there's be just as much b****ing about Daenerys losing her dragon and WTF she doesn't seem to notice or care. But maybe not from you, so problem solved from your perspective?

I disagree about emotion and the show. Ned getting his head chopped and everybody's glee/horror/disgust/rage/panic is from my perspective the foundational moment for everything. That was like 10 minutes of setup and reaction shots, followed by several season of emotionally driven reaction. During the Red Wedding I was like, "zOMG, WTF!!!!", I most clearly remember Frey's cackling glee, and Catelyn Stark's horror, and the Bolton guy's cold calculating demeanor. I couldn't tell you how many archers there were nor the efficacy of their tactics. But of course I recognize that you are entitled to see it differently and enjoy it for your own reasons.

And of course it would all be fixed if they'd stretched the ending out to two full seasons and had time for both, but they didn't.

#1322 Ottomaton, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  3. cebu

cebu Member

I get it now. those 3 eggs must have a mother right? then it's going to be a giant full-grown dragon. in S5E5, there was one dragon that flew by Mormont while he was in a boat. That will probably appear to to give support to her kids. If they show that particular scene in S5E5 at the start on Sunday then it would makes sense.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed that Ned's execution and the Red Wedding are the two big tent poles of the show. A lot of that was playing with viewers' understanding of the unspoken rules of tv series -- that the hero can get into scrapes but you can't kill him off. At the same time, in both cases the how and the why of those deaths made a lot of sense. It's like a good joke, you don't expect the punchline but when you hear it you instantly appreciate how it turns your understanding of the setup on its head. So sure, it worked because people were emotionally invested in those characters, but people didn't get invested in them because the showrunners sacrificed plot for the sake of character development, and the scenes wouldn't have worked at all if they didn't make sense. People would have thought the showrunners were sadists or idiots to inexplicably kill their main character at the end of the first season. But you could see why it was in its way inevitable.

DoitDickau likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

At the time, everyone watching the show thought that was Drogon, it wasn't even much of a discussion about it. Jorah and Tyrion were headed to see Dany, and we were all to believe that was to show how big her dragons had grown.

If they add a fourth dragon out of nowhere, that's going to need quite a bit of 'splaining.

here it is around 3:30 mark:

Even the fan Wiki talks about that scene being Drogon:

Drogon apparently flew west, eventually winding up roving the skies above the shattered ruins of the Valyrian Peninsula, where he was glimpsed by Jorah Mormont and Tyrion Lannister, who were traveling through the region to avoid pirates. Massive and majestic, Drogon's unexpected appearance rendered the typically chatty Tyrion speechless and seeing him again also enraptures Jorah. Drogon's flight unfortunately distracted the pair long enough for them to be attacked by Stone Men.[14]​

mikol13 likes this.
  6. cebu

cebu Member

well good to hear that excertp didn't come from the book as it would mean something else. the beginning video shows a sword with carvings of 3 small dragons and a big one. that says something as well.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I don't see anything in the trailer hinting at a new dragon , what am I missing ?

bobloblaw likes this.
  8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the only thing I was wondering was. Why didn't Dany just fly behind the Euron's ships and blast them. Since they couldn't turn all the way around with the arrows. Unless they want us to think that they probably had bow's on the back of the ship as well?

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

There's no logic in the show anymore. It's mostly fan service and shock value.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Euron can teleport to anywhere on the sea.

You don't **** with Euron on the sea.

daywalker02, Kim and Buck Turgidson like this.
  11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I was sitting there waiting for her to circle them too. I'm guessing the look of shock on Euron's face in the trailer for next week that a few people were wondering about is due to an attempt to come in at an angle the bows can't aim at.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/every-episode-of-game-of-thrones-ranked/

[​IMG]

13. cebu

cebu Member

14. MystikArkitect

At this point seeing a 4th dragon being ridden by Lady Stoneheart singing a song from Taylor Swift’s latest album and an Uber logo on the Iron Fleet wouldn’t be so hard to believe.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

I now think Jon will end up having to kill Dany to save the people as she becomes the "Mad Queen" as her anger drives her to burn Kings Landing to the ground. Jon will not be able to support that move and will do he only thing he can do to save everyone. Since he will be saving the people from the imminent evil danger and also killing someone he loves at the same time, he becomes Azor Ahai . Longclaw will become Flaming Long Claw. He will then defeat Cersei to become king. Perhaps he gives up the throne to either Sansa or Tyrion due to not wanting the throne in the first place as well as his grief for killing Dany

Another variation of this would have Arya becoming Azor Ahai. That would happen if Jon still supports Dany as mad Queen so Arya has to kill both Dany and Jon. She loves Jon so she would be saving everyone from the imminent danger and killing someone she loves.

I also predict Arya will be the one to kill Cersei. It could be Jaime or Tyrion but I vote for Arya. I believe she will do it as the Hound fights the Mountain. She will finish her list possibly even killing the Mountain to save the Hound.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like this dude calling it 'Lame of Thrones'

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They probably had bows 360 and if they didn't, no way for Dany to know from that far away.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Uber? No. Blackwater? Definitely.

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not interested in episode 5.

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It’s supposed to be incredible. I’m pushing my chips all in on episode 5.