1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/6/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2019.

1. vick

vick Member

With the World watching, make this a 7 game series. Then win in 7, on a Harden 3, from mid court.

dragonwill likes this.
  2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Has to be a step back 3 from half court. Shut the haters up with the most iconic shot of this era

rocketman84, Smacktle and hakeem94 like this.
  3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

So the question is. The way Harden finished the last game. Does that wake up beast mode? Does it exercise some personal inner demons? If so does that change the outlook of this aeries? At this point it feels like our chances are grim. Gordon 7-14 from deep. We out rebounded by TWENTY Curry really didn’t do much. Yet it still took overtime to win by 5. We can’t count on Gordon having that kind of shooting experience nor getting 57% more rebounds than the wortsniffers

Obviously it goes without saying game 4 is must win. We are not beating these a**holes 3 times straight. But best 2 of 3 could be interesting.

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brothers and Foster both were assigned to games today. True to form, the road team (Toronto) won the Brothers game and Foster is calling the Nuggets-Blazers game.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. ozrocketsfan

ozrocketsfan Member

Hopefully rockets tweak their screens for Harden to get mismatches this game. Last game, time and again GS fought around the screen and we couldn't get a mismatch. Not sure if GS are doing a better job sticking to Harden or our screens aren't on point.

I have a lot more confidence of a high % iso by Harden on a mismatch rather than with AI guarding him

waytookrzy079 and Reeko like this.
  6. rockets13champs

I think we gonna get Ed Molloy

7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Honest question...out of the three games thus far which game do you all believe was the best game from the warriors? I feel like Game 2 was their best game thus far although they didn't shoot great it was an incredible team effort.

Reason I ask is that I feel we played the best we could yesterday

8. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

What I saw and didn’t like last game:

1. Passiveness by CP to shoot open shots

2. No calls when harden drove for floaters and gets hammered by GSW

3. Switching hiccups where Klay got wide open way too much. He’s lethal and can’t be left open. I’m fine leaving Iggy open-ish but can’t let the best shooter in the NBA have wide open looks

Intensity was great, D was locked in and we REBOUNDED! fix some of the issues and it should be 2-2 by Tuesday morning

FrontRunner and rockets11206 like this.
  9. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

When I show up we start to lose.

10. rgw20014life

rgw20014life Member

Posted this in the Draymond game 3 eyepoke thread but figured it deserves more views. (Relevant bit starts at the 1minute mark)

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. Theking

Theking Member

Can someone make sure Travis Scott is front row for the rest of the series. Everytime we hit a big shot the team were running past him celebrating. PJ went straight to him after the game. He fires them up! Not ****en joking. Everyone loves a familiar face to ball out in front of

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You have to wonder if this would have been the case. Warriors are just ungodly lucky.

mikol13 likes this.
  13. Voltik

Voltik Member

Keys to winning:

1.) Gobble up rebounds like a man that hasn’t eaten in a month.
    2.) Communicate and execute on switches and defense
    3.) Limit turnovers to 10 max. This should be our strength as an ISO team and their Achilles Heel.
    4.) Hit open shots and be aggressive driving to paint.
    5.) Force Curry to be on an Island. Not doing well on this, as the ball handler needs to force it by moving towards Curry. Either way Curry is getting tired from running around, just not effiecient w/o Curry island.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ummm....

6 blatant no calls on triples.
    Didn't matter who played, we got cheated.

mikol13, BigMaloe, Nick_713 and 5 others like this.
  15. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Yeah, it's gonna be tough IMO to pull out the series. We could obviously play better but it's gonna take CP3 and Gordon to score 20+ along with beast mode Harden to pull out the series. The other possibility is Durant going cold but dude is just a monster in the playoffs. The Rockets would have to convincingly win game 4 for me to feel confident that we have a chance to upset.

fryjol7 likes this.
  16. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Green and CP3 are due for big games

Hakeemtheking and FrontRunner like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

By this time tomorrow night I hope to be watching us play our best game yet. Man, I can't wait for this game to start!!! I've waited a long time for this series, and our opportunity to rip that Golden carpet right out from under their feet. Let's do this!!!
    Go Rockets!!!!!

Jake Tower, FrontRunner and Smacktle like this.
  18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I hope Faried can get it together. He was big vs them in the regular season

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Na our best is when everybody is knocking down the 3 ball. Thru the years we have seen that

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

I had a quick look on a few other boards and I am staggered at the nerve of Warriors fans. They have the nerve to say they were robbed because Hardens drive was a charge after that daylight robbery of game1?

I mean the three free throws that Durant got at the end were given non calls against Harden on atleast 6 different occasions in game one.

#60 riko, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Mazulis, mikol13, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.