1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The uneducated would vote for whatever idiot offers tax cuts to the Iron Bank and Lannister’s while promising that THIS time it will trickle down and create jobs.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Anyone else think Arya killing Cersei too obvious? Jamie will prob take the killing blow so that Cersei can die alone and Arya settles one more from her list.

Or maybe Cersei sets up something with her Hand and Mountain and Jamie pulls a deeper sacrifice to bail out Catelyn Stark's daughter.

I feel like those three will be linked.

Didn't you see him pick on crows for no obvious reason with those creepy ass white eyes?

He also seems to have a knack for catching people off guard by creeping at their most vulnerable moments. Alanis would sing the irony of how he became the Three Eyed Raven...

#1102 Invisible Fan, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
  3. FaBo

FaBo Member

I also don't think Arya will kill Cersei, or at least I hope she won't. She already killed one of the two main antagonists left, killing the second would be a bit too much, especially considering that her being a master assassin is a stretch anyway because of her physical appearance. Anyway, I guess we shall find out soon enough.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Aria is the next major death. In Game of Thrones, when they build you up, it is necessary to tear you right down again. In Westeros, success is the leading cause of death.

I'm calling it now. Edmure Tully ends up on the Iron Throne.

Seriously, though, Aria is on too much of a high right now. It would be completely out of character for the writers to not knock her down a peg or ten, at the very least. No other character has had that much success and good fortune without suffering a fall.

#1104 Ottomaton, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    B-Bob and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The last 30 seconds of video two she mentions episode 5 being huge.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Georgoe would
    but these writers will give everyone a near hollywood ending

Rocket River

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A subversive of expectations and a narrative arc will be Arya learning to forgive and leaving behind violence and leaving the god of death behind for something greater or whatever.

I don’t think it will be the classic Hollywood ending for Arya but I do think GRRM and D&D care enough about the character to not leave her in the darkness damaged and broken. Or maybe they do and her damage takes a toll and ultimately leads to her demise... who knows but I see her changing in these next 3 episodes and giving up on the list, Makes more sense to me.

Jamie killing Cersei would make more sense from a narrative perspective. Lady Olena telegraphed that at the end of last season when she confessed her killing Joffrey to him.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

here is a 30 minute take-down of last weeks episode. its pretty brutal, but i cant disagree with anything he says. im actually more upset with episode 3 after listening to this so dont view it if you dont want your impression of the show and writers to be taken down a few notches.

its as if the writers from walking dead took over the show and i dont mean in terms of zombies, but for the fact that the writing is lazy, makes no sense and has plot holes big enough to drive a truck though.

John Oliver likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Iron Bank is foreign... so the throne cannot tax it.

10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

What if Bran or the 3 eye raven or the night king v.2 kills aria?

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]

how many dumb endings can a writer script?

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm glad somebody agrees with me.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

The Rockets won which means all will be well in the kingdom tonight. Nobody dies. Everybody gets along.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

The House of John Starks had it's head cut off, I refuse to elect, or allow them to take the throne.

16. AstrosRockets1818

17. cebu

cebu Member

The ideal ending would be Cercei would lose the war and she'll face trial for all her crimes and obviously will lose. She then demands trial by combat with the Mountain as her champion and Arya would take the challenge for the opportunity to kill him. Hound is another option. Cercei loses and Tyrion and Sansa will sentence her to death because I expect Dany to get killed by a traitor. Too many good options to carry the execution.

Cercei cannot die by suicide by poisoining as she attempted during the battle in the blackwater. if she does no one will watch the upcoming prequel.

I think episode 4 will just another build up for the final war.

18. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Here we Go!!

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

She put it on him . . . . .. .

Rocket River

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

After the events of Episode 3, the won't be enough non-college wights to vote for such a candidate.