1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Wrong, even GRRM doesn't know what he is going to do.

John Oliver and Rocket River like this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

Night King was clearly in the landing zone.... and that was a foul.

JuanValdez, Kruze10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. cebu

cebu Member

Or maybe Arya should have named Cersei, NightKing and Dany to the faceless man. Westeros will be a better place but people with HBO will be bored.

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

With that kind of stealth, they'd be a fool for not using Arya in some way to kill off Cersei. It'll be like X-men where they use quicksilver once to save magneto but forget him for the rest of the movie.

John Oliver and Rocket River like this.
  5. cebu

cebu Member

Remember wights are dumb zombies. They showed how she was able to sneak out that room and the dead did not even have peripheral vision. In kings landing Cersei will be sorrounded by trusted people and Arya needs a mask from one of them to get close to the queen probably from either Tyrion or Jaime, or Bron. Enjoy the ride.

heypartner likes this.
  6. BiGGieStuFF

So far it's an okay ride. Not as bad as the Sons of Anarchy ride to the finish line. I think End Game hype and enjoyment really ruined it for me for GoT this past Sunday. I was sitting there on the screen thinking TEAM UP TEAM UP!! Combo attack!! Lot of the scenes our GoT heroes were left fighting alone.

cebu and Rocket River like this.
  7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

we all thought a bunch of main characters were going to die and none did. what if battle of winterfell was a ruse and s*** is really going to go down this week? the clean-up after that battle could be messy.

also, the hound totally pussed out - i see some major ass-kicking in his future to make up for that. he needs to redeem himself. him and arya are my favorite combo - id watch a whole show with just them two - like a medieval buddy-cop movie.

heypartner, B-ball freak and mikol13 like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Problem with the Night King's demise is that it was anti-climatic
    I mean . . . for Arya fans it was all world
    but over the course of 7 seasons . .. what exactly has HE done
    hell his Right Hand Men have done nothing
    They walked .. . they looked menacing. . . . .
    I think at most they had like 3 actions that did more
    than sit on a horse or stand looking menacing

The to be prison shanked out of existance was a bit . . .. . meh
    Dragon Batttle would have been better if I could have saw it

Rocket River

John Oliver likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This was another issue . . .. their strategy was not good
    I guess they never sent people south because. . .. 'they never trusted Cersei"
    but I guess Riverrun and the Aery were out because. . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . .. .
    Likie someone pointed out . .. defending the Aery would be easiest

Rocket River

10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

For me it lived up to the hype. I was anticipating and fearing some main characters deaths, I laughed a little when Lyana Mormont got swatted away, and I got fired up when she killed the giant like a boss. Of course, in the back of my mind, I was thinking the giant could have just stomped her, but I'm not going to dwell on it. I was hooting and hollering when Arya did her assassin thing and it doesn't bug me in the least that she came flying out of nowhere. I mean she's an assassin, and it was dark and foggy. Remember that she did a lot of training when she was blind as well so she could surely be stealthy in the dark. Personally, I thought Arya was going to steal away in the night and use her secret weapon to shank NK behind enemy lines, but she did her thing and saved the day. I do think there is more to the NK's story since the prophecy of Azor Ahai was not fulfilled, and like mentioned earlier, I think it has something to do with the mark on Bran's arm. The prophecy says that Azor Ahai will return and wield Lightbringer and end the long winter. No Lightbringer...No end of the long winter.

The darkness of the show didn't bother me so much, but I did turn off the lights to see it better. I figured the battle was at night, and it was setting the mood. I mean, it's not like there were flares or spotlights to light up the night sky, and torches can only do so much.

The plot armor was really thick, and I was disappointed that there were no shocking deaths, but I believe the show writers are just setting us up for some serious betrayals and WTF deaths in the last few episodes.

cebu likes this.
  11. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Iron Bank

donkeypunch likes this.
  12. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Maybe it was just because this episode aired on the same weekend as Endgame, but the battle with the Army of the Dead seemed really disappointing. The way the Night King went out was so anti-climatic. And his motivation was just to kill Bran? I thought the writers gave us that as a mis-direct and he would go after some other target further south. The show is supposed to show characters as not all bad and not all good, but the knight king wound up being a cartoonish villain.

Jon seemed useless this episode. Why was he brought back to life if he didn't have any real purpose in the battle. The hound was also pretty bad in this episode, but at least he saved Arya so she could deliver the kill shot. Didn't see enough of Jaime and Brienne. Also the dragon battle was too hard to see. It seemed like Rhaegal was putting up a pretty good fight but it would have been nice to see him and Drogon kill the undead dragon together.

At least the little bear went out like a boss and Theon got his redemption. I loved how they ended the story for those two.

Overall, the episode was anti-climatic. It's like the people who run this show aren't even trying anymore now that they ran out of source material. They know millions will tune in no matter what, since people have invested so many years watching this show.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

If Cersei paid the iron bank back, which I'm assuming she did, the bank would probably like it best if the world of the new king was destroyed in battle, so that it would need to be rebuilt. More money borrowed and ultimately repaid. So they would want to fund the winner, however, they need a war that is very destructive. But additionally, the bank now knows that the Golden army has money to spend. So that's really who they should be talking too.

14. AstrosRockets1818

Everyone keeps saying Jon was useless.... how so?

He freaking tried to run up on the Knight King. And when we raised the dead, he ran even fast at the King King.

BigM likes this.
  15. BiGGieStuFF

Did anyone else hear the video game death sound of the night king? I thought it sounded like Q-bert when he dies.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Probably just the people anticipating an actual Jon vs NK 1 on 1 fight. It's not like Jon wasn't fighting like crazy trying to get to him. I actually thought the NK was useless. He had 0 fights total. Even his walkers had 0 fights in this ep. We even saw Daenerys pick up a weapon for the first time and actually fight.

Duncan McDonuts and justtxyank like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You probably know, but just a reminder, dude is scurredt of FIRE.

18. AstrosRockets1818

Enjoy these last 3 episodes. I cant believe it's almost over. Seems like just yesterday Robert was coming to Winterfell. And cute little Arya was saying "that's Jaime Lannister!!!"

Hakeemtheking, K mf G, BigM and 2 others like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Saying Jon is useless because his existence hasn't impacted the results of a battle in a positive way since he left the Night's Watch. The Battle of the Bastards was won in spite of him and so was this battle.

20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I hear you loud and clear, I think (at least for me) We've kinda been waiting on him to reveal some otherworldly aspect of himself to go next level, same for Bran - prior to the finish I truly thought Bran might stand up and really do some crazy three-eyed-raven prophecy who knows what thing - then when Aarya took over (and that's cool) it was just a little like man I thought someone was truly gonna go nuclear here to stop this dude. It's all good really enjoyed the episode, just some of our sacred characters don't seem to be revealing anything truly special, magical, fantastical about them (at least not yet) and in this world kinda feels like we want to see it - so we know oh yeah Jon Snow about to snap his fingers on these fools.