1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. AstrosRockets1818

Best post in this thread. 100% agree

Enjoy the next 3 episodes and quit b****ing

Phillyrocket likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This show is based on a book series called. "A song of Fire and Ice".

peleincubus likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

There were leaks of the second episode. It shouldnt come as a surprise that the 3rd one probably leaked as well and some ******* decided to make a gif of it, then another ******* decided to post it on here an hour before the showing.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

The reactions have been cool to watch. You have to appreciate how crazy this show has become. We’ll likely never have another like it in our lifetimes.

Sticking the night king was like watching Villanovas Buzzer Beater or a goal in the World Cup.

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I can't understand how someone would possibly think it was cool or funny to do that. This is exactly why I stay away from these threads a few days prior to release of the shows.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I bet Good Money . .. . . . .. . . The Golden Company will betray Cersei
    (because of the dude that Dany use to hook up with )

Rocket River

MiddleMan likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

From last week...

Yeah, I mean... I hate that I was pretty close to right, but I really wiffed on NK as Red Auerbach. This was more like McHale versus David Kahn. NK had about as much strategy as the living did. And then he got straight Snoked.

I do wonder who's going to clean up and burry the hordes of finally-dead bodies left behind once all the white walkers were shattered. I mean... it's not like there are many hands left to deal with this. Maybe they're just going to walk away a leave Winterfell like Chernobyl or something.

Buck Turgidson and peleincubus like this.
  8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

So.....Does this means Azor Ahai is going to be Lady Stonehearted from the show or does the prophecy still need to be fulfilled.

9. astros123

astros123 Member

LOL watch the show and quit b****ing? You sound like one of those losers that tells fans to stop b****ing about the refs. We have the right to b**** because we're paying consumers. Idiot.

mikol13 and John Oliver like this.
  10. AstrosRockets1818

lol why b**** about the refs in playoff game? What are you really expecting? For the refs to give rockets the favorable calls against one of the best teams ever? The NBA has sucked for years and years with countless cheating.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

The whole Azor Ahai thing is ****ed. You either have it revealed at the very end of the series in a fight against the white walkers, or you don't show it at all. The producers went the latter route since they made Cersei the final antagonist and it would feel odd that Azor Ahai was reborn to end the apocalyptic threat of Cersei Lannister. The prophecy was one of the most compelling parts of the book series and they threw it out of the window.

John Oliver likes this.
  12. Entropy

Entropy Member

Subversion these days: Knowing exactly what the audience wants and then saying, **** you, this is what you're going to get, so shut up and like it.

John Oliver likes this.
  13. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

There is still plenty of openings for betrayals, backstabbings, and surprises. Can Jamie disavow Cersei and stay with the good guys? I doubt it. Will Arya carry out her promise and kill Jamie? Probably, and I think she uses his face to kill Cersei. She may have to protect Sansa from Dany at some point and kill the Dragon's mother along the way.

There are so many possibilities. I was disappointed a little about the NK as well, i thought he had a bigger role to play in the end. But his only role was to kill everyone or be killed. There was no other outcome for him. I didn't think he'd even be at the battle last night and thought he'd pop up later at Kings Landing, but that's ok. Now we get to see the human element and where everyone's true loyalties are. It can go in so many directions from here.

mikol13 and B-Bob like this.
  14. FaBo

FaBo Member

That's exactly how I feel. I can't help but think that if this was the way the White Walker storyline would have ended, they should have left it out entirely and focused on what made Game of Thrones in the first few seasons - the fight for the Iron Throne. However, they built up the White Walkers so much that everything that follows now - barring anything extraordinary happening - will be underwhelming, at least to me. It would have also been a nice evolution - the fighting for the Iron Throne in the first few seasons followed by the quarreling factions uniting against a common enemy - the ultimate enemy, in fact, needing everyone still alive to come out victorious. Instead, it seemed as though the White Walkers were just a nuisance and now they have to deal with the real villain.... Cercei. I mean, except for Jorah and Theon, none of the main characters died, meaning there's not much of an emotional impact either. Also, the White Walkers didn't even do anything during the battle... there were just standing around, for the most part!

Quick disclaimer: I still enjoy the show, I think it's still the best show in television, before anyone gets their pants wet because of the criticism. The reason I had such high expectations going into this episode was because of the high standard the show has set, and the debate just shows that we are invested in it and that it means something to us. That's something only very few shows achieve. Also, dragons!

Buck Turgidson, BigM and B-Bob like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ya'll know ya'll are getting rope a doped into Cersi on the Iron Throne right?

16. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

I work for HBO.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The threat of offing any of the main characters throughout the episode was as emotionally compelling for me as them actually doing it. I don’t think everyone we find interesting will make it to the end of this thing but I’m not all that disappointed in the body count in ep. 3. They can’t really surprise us just by killing someone. There’s still 3 episodes left for those awaiting a twist of some kind.

Didn’t have a problem with the darkness, I didn’t notice it at all until I read the comments. I watch in a dark room and stream it so that may help. I’ve seen past episodes directly through the Xfinity box and I thought the image was worse than streaming.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Underrated part of the episode (and also the only part you could see anything, lulz) - the semi-one-shot of Jon cutting through hallways and hordes until he arrives at the blue dragon blocking his path to Bran.

Buck Turgidson and B-Bob like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

HBO doesn’t hire 13yr olds.

Now be a good kid, and tell us if you plan to spoil the show again. Or are you afraid to tell the truth and stick to it?

20. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

The show has been spoiled since they went off book.