1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know this is really dumb nitpicky stuff but here goes...

HOW THE HELL DO THEY HOLD ON THROUGH ALL OF THIS?

Think about how strong they have to be to just...hold on. LOL

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Itwas a dark and fuzzy night...

Maybe I got avengers and walking dead fatigue but fighting zombies in the night was bleh.

I wouldve liked it more like lotr style fighting.

I thought Arya gave away her Valerian steel dagger? Psyche Sansa, protect yourself with this cool souvenir I got from a Renaissance Festival. Free mystery prize comes with a turkey leg and show. You wouldn't know what it is or use it anyways....:trollface

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

can someone explain how that @John Oliver spoiler was even created, before the show started/ended.

was that leaked or was there a timezone that got the episode sooner than the USA? Tried briefly to identify the source, but gave up

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Excellent Points

Rocket River

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

She handed Sansa a dragon glass dagger, not the valyrian dagger.

DonnyMost likes this.
  6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

. I got the opposite out of that scene,she was moving among them pretty easily until the one heard the blood dripping . I think this scene was set up to show her stealth.

Really disappointed in much of the episode though . They knew it would be the toughest battle ever fought but any real strategy was non existent .

I also have always thought the night king should have been Snows kill and was hoping Arya would finish off her list with Cersi ,guess that's not happening now.

whag00 likes this.
  7. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Maybe a kind of "Hey, don't forget about me" thing. NK seems to focus on Bran when he wargs. That's what I figure anyway.

#807 Falcons Talon, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"There's no way Sam survived that invasion. No f-ing way! Nah uh!"

[​IMG]

#808 Surfguy, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    gifford1967 and MiddleMan like this.
  9. cebu

cebu Member

Now I see why she had to remove that hymen so she can comfortably spread that legs on air.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

[​IMG]

12. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

Sidenote: I'm calling my shot, Jamie and the Hound will die in the last war. They keep teasing Danny and Greyworm too but I hope they survive as well as my sweet Sansa

13. PhiSlammaJamma

That dragon glass dagger Arianna gave away will end up killing Dany. I see no other purpose. It was made special by the son of the man who killed the last Targaryan King. Dany will get to the throne, sit on it, and our sexy red head Sansa will stab her with it. I think that would certainly be dramatic. An all out bloodfest right there in front the throne would be classic and redeem this thing.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Thoughts after watching it again...

Theon totally redeemed himself and fought like a total badass. He came full circle and finally knew he was where he belonged.

For those that didn’t see, pretty sure I saw Tormund alive and well at the end.

Dany fought her arse off and should have earned a ton of respect across the board.

Jorah did what he swore he’d do and I felt like that was a pretty moving part there at the end.

Sansa and Tyrion? Yeah never know, maybe...

Arya is a total badass and that goes without saying. I didn’t mind one bit that she was highlighted this much. What does it mean for her moving forward?

For those of you disappointed that the final battle for the Iron Throne will be with Cersei, why? The NK and white walkers were always secondary to me anyway. It doesn’t take away from what they meant to the show or make them any less formidable. They just were not the main focus, more of a very large distraction to get to the meaning of the show.

Isn’t the best part of the show the battles between houses? The character development and dialogue between said characters? Now we get to see the human side of it all. Whose loyalties lie where, will anyone turn, inevitable meetings/endings between certain characters. To me the best is yet to come. So much of the story that needs to be told.

GRENDEL, whiskeyred, BigM and 2 others like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Loved the part in episode 1 this season , Jon is sitting in the godswood and asks Arya how she snuck up on him like that.

No one knows winterfell like bran and Arya

GRENDEL and jakedasnake like this.
  17. Anticope

Anticope Member

The show suffers from its own build up of the Night King and his army, for 7 seasons they’ve been treated as the real threat to the world with the fight for the Iron Throne almost seeming like child’s play in comparison. And now they’re gone in one battle and the final fight of the entire show is going to be for the throne? I just have a really hard time accepting that.

I will say though I’ve felt for a while that the show runners were going to run into this problem, pretty much any way that the White Walkers were defeated by the living was going to feel too easy and unsatisfying. I had hoped that Bran would possibly have some mind-blowing plan to defeat the NK (like the “hold the door!” scene in Season 6) but nope, he just sat there as bait until stealth Arya lunged from the shadows for the kill shot.

astros123 and John Oliver like this.
  18. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

Don't blame me, I didn't write that copout asspull of an ending.

19. Buck Turgidson

No, nobody should blame you for being a total ****ing loser. You most likely were born that way.

Eric Riley, BigM and Falcons Talon like this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Could you at least explain the origin of that GIF, since you posted it what looks to be an hour before the show stated, or at least certainly well before the Arya scene.