1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have been researching refs and how they are calling games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

That matters ... I have conversations before games and we talk about players we know flop... I'm assuming NBA officials do the same

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the admins need some tissue to wipe your troll ass off this board...

clutchdabear and Reeko like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Tells you a lot about what? Be blunt dude. That I'm not a REAL Rocket fan?

7 years of trying to make bullshit excuses for Harden in the playoffs. It's getting pathetic now. Harden's game is very limited and only is an elite scorer given a narrow set of circumstances - high usage, has to have the ball always in his hand, has to create entire switch defensive systems to compensate for his lack of ability to stay with players at perimeter, and has to rely on refs to call everything with his few go to moves.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Look, we and the team all know what they are up against now. It won’t be easy to win this series.

I’m really hoping the Rockets are like F you, and go out on a mission to wreck shop. Just take this series away from the Dubs and league.

No playing the victim. Make it as one sided as they can with their play so that the refs can’t take it away.

clutchdabear, Vivi and BigShasta like this.
  5. a time to chill

It's a false narrative that Harden is flopping though. Deceiving a defender to draw contact and get the foul call is not "tricking the refs." Defender needs to know not to get baited. We trust for refs to be unbiased and call a foul a foul. You're saying it's OK for refs to call games a certain way based on the reputation of players and that's completely wrong.

clutchdabear, bro2044 and Deckard like this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I knew you would be negative before I read your post. Didn't finish reading it.

7. fchowd0311

Harden is the last NBA player with thar type of mentality. He spends 2-3 possesions complaining to refs after every percieved missed call. That ain't the Harden we know.

8. fchowd0311

Of course I'm going to be negative now. Why should we as Rocket fans give Harden the benefit of the doubt in the playoffs by now?

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

still waiting for this troll @Bruce Bowen to answer this question...

If he is always trying to trick the refs, then why have they been falling for it since 2012 and sending him to the line at least 10 times a game on average? Why did they send him to the line 11 times a game this year?

I already suspected he wouldn’t because these dumb “Harden is tricking the refs” people never have an answer

fckbandwagons, Voltik and Deckard like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Classic "I have nothing to add and sports is too complex for me to break down" argument.

11. fchowd0311

Can Harden score at an elite level if he consentrates on just making shots instead of playing these ref games all the time?

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You were negative before yesterday. That's how I knew what you would post.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I said team.

Yes Harden doesn’t always show that killer instinct, but he does have it. I have seen it when he’s made mad. It’s possible and that’s what I want to see from EVERYONE.

Deckard likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

Yes because I have an opinion of Harden based on his play. Do you think Harden is overly reliant on ref whistles relative to other superstars?

15. fchowd0311

I've hardly seen it in a playoff game.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

What ref games was he playing yesterday? Do you want him to roll his ankles?

Deckard likes this.
  17. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

They get less benefit of the doubt... they are trying deceive the officials. . Do you want officials rewarding thos who actively try to fool them? Take Harden out if it and answer the question... now I agree they may miss fouls because of this attitude... who's fault is that?

18. bballjunkie

bballjunkie Member

What do you expect from a guy who works as a high school referee for a living and has a Bruce Bowen avatar. He's clearly a loser so just put him on the ignore list.

BamBam and clutchdabear like this.
  19. a time to chill

What kind of question is this? Have you not been watching Harden all season? He's been scoring at an elite level all year. You can't score like he has been by just relying on foul calls.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

The game of spamming a shot that he is hitting at a 30% rate for the entire playoffs just because he thinks he's going to get fouled on them.