1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Screw Cersei !

And her Golden Company. Wasn't her money.

whiskeyred likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Are we able to speak freely here yet?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was way more epic than Walking Dead, maybe that is what to come next with the Whisperers.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

We should be able to. If you haven’t watched it, you shouldn’t be in here talking about it.

Would still like to know who the a-hole is though.

5. conquistador#11

I think they were trying to put us, the audience, in the battle with what they were facing in darkness.

mikol13 and ROXTXIA like this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

where did she fly in from? lol

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My wife and I thought it was great.

The night / blizzard setting made things a bit difficult to follow sometimes, but isn’t the madness of war like that? Throw in a bunch of got-damn wights to boot.

Love the complainers. Come on, now. Arya avoiding the wights, trying to be quiet. The dragons above the clouds. Pretty epic battle overall.

Arya is Queen Badass. Hey, did we think the Night King would make it to episode six? Sheeeeeeeyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

heypartner, Hakeemtheking and mikol13 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Last time I saw him he was alive and kicking and saving Brienne from behind....well not the sordid way. They were in a tough spot so I am not sure if they are hurt at least.

I mean Jorah was not initially dead, he succumbed to his wounds. No injured dude was off limits.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

THANK you.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Longest battle sequence in TV/film history? It was like 80 minutes long. Only broken up by a mini zombie horror flick in a library.

11. delta69er

delta69er Member

I thought Bran was going to pull something from his sleeve when he came back from his trance to kill the Night King.

Not complaining though, Arya deserved the game winner.

This episode was so badass it made me forget that I was mad about the Rockets loss for 80 minutes :D

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jaw finally just found its way from off the floor.

That was fantastic

mikol13 and BigM like this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Not a big fan of surprise Arya. She snuck her way around the wights in the library, but how did she get around that whole army of wights and White Walkers? Surprise Euron and his fleet sailing into Godswood would've been more consistent with the established meta.

And what a waste of Dothraki. Terrible plan to have them charge into an open field. You're playing defense. Wait for the enemy to charge, then flank from the side with Dothraki cavalry. Who came up with the strategy? Zapp Brannigan?

Either way, I was entertained. It was a fun battle. Pretty mindless, though. My stream wasn't that difficult to see. Of course, I had to turn the lights off or the glare would've been too much.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Game of Thronesgasim. Awesome episode.

[​IMG]

Chamillionaire likes this.
  15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think she took a wight’s face and just snuck in with the group.

Also, the way this Night King story ended made the 8 season build up not worth it. Overall I liked the episode but if this is the end of the Night King then the show could have easily done without him and strictly focused on the political aspect of the show.

16. MD_in_Training

Actually I did think the Night King was going to be the end of the story. The show started with the White Walker, and the series is called a Song of Ice and Fire. The overall mythology is more focused on this than the Iron Throne.

lost_elephant likes this.
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It seems like it would have been more of a twist if...after...nothing happened. Then, everybody be like WTF and maybe we need more than this piddling amount of episodes to explain it this last season. ;)

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I actually thought it was too short. I didn't get any resolution on why all of this happened, what Brandon did or saw, and the NK death was a little too convenient because we don't know why he was staring Bran down. There were several convenient saves, which I can live with, but only if you give me some death I can die with. Why did Night King need to kill Bran anyway? I don't know why the witch committed suicide. I don't understand the soup girl at all. Almost nobody important died. Need more. I am left not understanding anything. It was like trying to figure out what Voltron is doing at any given time.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Didn't see him die, but I think I saw him get raised as the dead. Need to re-watch.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Blackwater didn't have 8 sec of Ghost so there went half the budget.

I believe he made out fine

Chamillionaire likes this.