1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

What I thought was weird is I got the impression leading up to this movie that Captain Marvel was sort of a secret weapon but yet she was barely in the movie and really didn’t do much. Couldn’t they have defeated Thanos at the end without her? And how did she show up to save Tony out of the blue? A little confusing the correlation between her end credits scene and the start of this movie.

I think the movie could have been better fleshing things out and explaining things more. Kind of felt rushed. I know that’s strange to say for a 3+ hour movie but there were some wtf moments just because they didn’t explain them better.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's pretty clear she got to earth in the post credits scene and then was sent to retrieve Nebula and Tony Stark afterward. They didn't have the time to explain every little detail.

She did stop a ship that was bombing the f**k out of the planet, and she singlehandedly stopped Thanos from snapping in the final battle when the others were down. Even if she wasn't the one to kill him she certainly played a big role. This wasn't her movie, it was the culmination of the original avengers story. Just having her come in and be the one to do everything would have been terrible. She had her moments like all of the characters and established how powerful she is, we're gonna see plenty of her in the future.

havoc1 likes this.
  3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Anybody figure out how the original snap still happened if Thanos and his underlings time travelled to the future and then we're killed?

We're supposed to assume Thanos wasn't pulled forward until after the events of Infinity War and that he used the stones to bring back his lieutenants?

The time travel bring somebody forward from the past thing they did with Gamora means that anyone can be brought back and also confuses my question above. If the stones couldn't bring Black Widow back that means them time travelling happened pre-snap?

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They were going with the principal that any time travel effectively creates an alternate reality (or timeline). You can't travel back and fourth in your own reality, you can only return to it from a different one. Nothing they did in the past was gonna effect their current timeline.

The thanos they killed at the end was one from a different reality (or timeline), and their original Thanos successfully accomplished his mission and was killed at the beginning of the movie.

They could theoretically bring in a new Black Widow (or any dead character) from an alternate reality, but their Black Widow is dead.

arkoe likes this.
  5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

My favorite part of the movie is when.... And the crowd went nuts!

[​IMG]

Jontro, Eric Riley and Xerobull like this.
  6. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

The “Avengers Assemble” scene was one of the most epic things I’ve ever seen. So incredibly well done and satisfying.

So, if there are no stones going forward, then no Eye of Agomotto for Dr. Strange? What’s to stop Dormammu (or other dark forces) from obliterating Earth?

dmoneybangbang, FLASH21, Kim and 2 others like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The hammer imbues the whomever is worthy with the power of Thor. It's literally written on it in the comics and what Odin says in the first Thor movie.

8. Xerobull

Timeline, bro. The stones exist because Cap brings them back to where they got them in this movie, and they exist until Thanos gets them in Infinity war then destroys them two days later.

Edit- I may have misunderstood your question, so yes- no more stones in the post-Endgame timeline.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hated seeing Black Widow go...I liked her

Thanos is a beast...1 scene I lowkey really liked is when he ripped the power stone from the gauntlet and used it to blow away Captain Marvel...Captain Marvel had that “oh sh*t” look on her face when she saw him rip out the power stone

Scarlet Witch is damn near god tier now

Rocket River likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Watched it again this morning in IMAX. IMO, Imax doesn't really add that much more. It was a showing with the less rabid fans, so I heard some people being puzzled over some stuff- one guy said 'Hail Hydra' was corny (no).

-Tony gives Cap the shield from his trunk and says 'take it, I made it for you', establishing that he actually MADE the shield that Cap uses from when he's resurrected on. This backs up my theory that there were two shields and that Cap is giving Falcon the original shield, which was made by Howard Stark and lost in the ocean at the end of Cap 1.

-You never actually see Hulk hold the Time Stone. When the Ancient One takes it out of the Eye, it's sort of hovering there. Either it's all hovery in Hulk's hand (which you can't see due to camera angle) or as it's keeper, it's being officially 'passed' to Hulk. Of course, there are LOTS of near-touches outside of the Soul Stone, which Hawkeye clearly has in the palm of his hand, but you never actually see anyone else touch a stone besides Thanos.

-Red Skull says the bargain of a soul for a soul is kept forever or something along those lines. It sort of makes my theory of Cap trading it back for Black Widow a little tougher, but the more I think about it, Cap showing up to drop the stone back on Voramir makes the whole placement of Red Skull more and more logical. It always seemed like sort of a weird fit, but if the writers put him there for a future confrontation with Cap, it works.

-The dialogue is so well written. A lot of the things they say earlier in the movie affect the outcome. For example, Thor's reunion with his mother: she tells him that everyone fails at being what they're supposed to be and not who they are. He says something similar when he hands off the leadership of Asgard to Valkyrie.

-I watched the whole Peter/Ned reunion and you could easily read it as both guys are happy to just see the other, because no one has a clue who got dusted or not.

-I was wrong earlier- Spidey says he was aware of going 'all dusty' but then he says he 'must have passed out'. So they weren't aware that they were dead, but they were aware of something when it happens.

-The more I think about it, they're setting up a second gen of heroes with the Iron Man 3 kid, Morgan Stark, Spider-Man, Hawkeye's Daughter and Ant-Man's daughter, all of whom are teenagers except Morgan.

FLASH21 and arkoe like this.
  11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Is the infinity gauntlet like a wish granter? Couldnt Tony just wish that he wouldnt get killed from using the infinity gauntlet?

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Pre-Spoiler Spoiler?

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Complaints:

Tony Stark figured out time travel in 2 minutes of movie time. It was too easy in order to come up with arguably the biggest technological breakthrough in the MCU...

Capt Marvel is still OP. Every hero has shown some vulnerability, except for Captain Marvel.

How was Iron Man able to steal the gauntlet so quickly from Thanos at the end? It was totally a fluke victory for them, Thanos was stomping everyone hard and should have won.

14. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

My understanding is that Tony made the iron man gauntlet that was holding the stones, so he made a way for the stones to transfer into his iron man suit when he's nearby.

BigM and Kim like this.
  15. Xerobull

Nanotechnology- he’s been reconfiguring his suit on the fly since Infinity War. It’s essentially an amorphous skin like Venom. He yoinked the stones that way.

Kim likes this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

why is that a spoiler if its all wrong?

17. Invisible Fan

Not all wrong. His shield broke. Natasha had the same pose.

Thor wasn't a fatty and hulk looked different but there was enough of a hat tip to forgettable ultron

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Didn’t Vision wield it in an earlier movie? Age of Ultron maybe?

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

how about thor, hulk, capt america, and hawkeye don't die like it shows. so it was like 1 for 5 in death predictions? This wasn't even remotely close to accurate.

justtxyank likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Obv everyone can't die. Trailer material does the same thing with the selective shots.