1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

37.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

31.5%
  3. Warriors in 6

9.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

2.7%
  5. Clippers in 7

8.2%
  6. Clippers in 6

2.7%
  7. Clippers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Clippers in 4

8.2%
  1. YaoMingsSoulja

I live in SoCal so I had to watch the game on the Clippers feed. They interviewed our boy Sam Cassell before the start of the 2nd half asking him how they plan to get back in this game and he says, "This team has heart and they never quit. That's all it takes" so I kept watching and sure enough they made it happen!

2. YaoMingsSoulja

2 big reasons the Warriors lost that game and that hopefully the Rockets can learn from is this:

1. Curry went out early in the 3rd with 4 fouls. The Warriors completely fell apart as soon as he left and the Clippers were finally able to get into their flow and mount the comeback. I know the Rockets made Curry defend them last year but we should push it even more. Make this guy foul out!

2. Beverley got into KD's head. This guy is mentally weak. When we face them in the 2nd round, the Rockets should look to make KD's life miserable in that series.

This is not about being friends with crybaby Durant. This is about winning a ****ing ring. LETS GO BOYS!!!!

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I think the Clips win at least one at home...I would be THRILLED if they somehow won 2 and put the panic into the Warriors.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's late for central time zone.

saleem likes this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This part is easier said than done, especially when the whistle blowers start gagging on their own whistles for the still crowned NBA champs.

YaoMingsSoulja likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Has anyone use the patented clutchfans line that “a real championship contender wouldn’t blow a 31 point lead”?

Because you know damn sure there would be at least 1 thread with that title had it been Houston.

clutchdabear, Nook and YOLO like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I.D.I.O.T

I'm serious

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  9. biina

biina Member

This is one of the things that worked against the rockets last time imo. So much effort was put into picking on curry that the offense became predictable and much shot clock time was wasted in trying to force the switch of Curry onto Harden. Also the more they picked on Curry, the better he got at defending harden, and thus later in the series he wasnt such an easy picking anymore. It cost them a bit on offense, but with Durant and Klay, they were still potent enough.

Also, it wasnt as much as Beverley being in Durant's head, than Durant having one of those games in which he didnt think he was needed, and he was right up to the point when they lost focus and the ref started blowing whistles on almost every touch and possession. Beverley was on the court when Warriors were building that 31 point lead but it was their usual cockiness that cost them the game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah "...and then unthinkable happened, they called moving screen on the warriors...."(at 7:03)

B-Bob likes this.
  11. lionaire

lionaire Member

Would love to see it.

Btw, your boy JaMychal Green was excellent last night and made some huge plays to start that comeback. Everyone's talking about "what if we kept Trezz and the guys" but imagine if the JMG trade didn't get scuffed. His ability to pick and pop while actually being a solid screener would've made our offense that much more lethal. Something we've lacked since getting rid of Anderson except Green isn't a liability on D.

lilbird20 likes this.
  12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Green should have been ours. Memphis wavered at the last moment, just like Miami messed us up with Ellington.

J.Green would have been a much better deal than Shump, but even so, Shump will come in handy against the warriors.

13. YaoMingsSoulja

It was definitely cockiness, but I would say Beverley definitely got to him. He was ejected in game 1, completely shouting at Beverley and totally losing his cool. Then he compounds it by fouling out in game 2. I've never seen KD play like that in the playoffs. Yes, he probably felt like he wasn't needed and I do expect him to play a lot better in game 3, but Pat is not gonna make it easy for him, thats for sure. It's still a good strategy for the Rockets to employ in the 2nd round.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ESPN's the Jump has Landry Shamet live on the show.. Is that even allowed during the playoffs? Don't these guys go into a hole and prepare? lol.

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

That's pretty good right there.....thinking PB would disagree ? Montrez how ya doin ? Sweet Lou, whats up with you ?....

Vivi likes this.
  16. biina

biina Member

It is not cos rockets might end up losing a key player like CP3 or Tucker. Last night Beverely fouled out before Durant, while Durant fouled out on a moving screen. Keep in mind that Beverley is one of the best all time pests, while the closest that rockets have is CP3, and its not even close.

Rockets will be better off doing what they do best instead of going out of character to emulate a team like the clippers who have nothing to lose

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Everybody and anybody says "that team is historically stacked." You're not disagreeing with anyone. I think we all agree that they're ridiculously stacked.

But they have a poop gear this year: sloppy passing, lack of focus, extra fouls, lazy rotations, poor body language. It's a thing.

Hakeemtheking and Nook like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

What do the basketball Gods do if you steal another man's MVP award?

clutchdabear and Hakeemtheking like this.
  20. jayland

jayland Member

Unless he colluded with Russians Greeks to hack the MVP vote, he didn't steal it. The MVP voters just like him more.

Easy likes this.